2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

22 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Booth or McCreary?

Ohhhh that’s rough because in the end of the first that value for McCreary is amazing. But Booth is that dude!!! Booth is just such a dog I’d be elated with Edith but with the pick and both were avalible I’d turn in the Booth Jr card.

23 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I can’t remember when I seen a defense man-handle an Alabama offense like Auburn is doing. Alabama is ranked No.3 at 10-1 and Auburn is unranked at 6-5. 

Auburn does this almost every year I watch the iron bowl live. I think when I watch Auburn live they’ve lost 2 times in all the years I’ve watched college I may be good luck 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

This Bama QB is the guy I’d wait for pure and simple!!!

Isn’t this like saying “I’d wait for Luck or Lawrence”? I mean, when he’s finally available you have to be bad enough to pick him. We’re never bad enough to pick first overall. Even in our terrible season when Gruden got fired we still weren’t bad enough to pick first. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Isn’t this like saying “I’d wait for Luck or Lawrence”? I mean, when he’s finally available you have to be bad enough to pick him. We’re never bad enough to pick first overall. Even in our terrible season when Gruden got fired we still weren’t bad enough to pick first. 

I’d go get him. I’d take this draft and offseason to improve spots with the strength of this draft and I’d make a move to get future picks and I’d go get my QB.

mid take a QB this year if one is avalible where their value is close to our pick. I just don’t like this class. I haven’t seen much out of anything these guys are doing that says they will be any better then what we’ve seen this season at QB.

Edited by ripsean21

Just now, ripsean21 said:

I’d go get him. I’d take this draft and offseason to improve spots with the strength of this draft and I’d make a move to get future picks and I’d go get my QB.

I mean, I get that but the team that usually ends up with those picks don’t trade them, correct? This is where building the team and then placing your QB in there once you’re done creates a problem. 

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I mean, I get that but the team that usually ends up with those picks don’t trade them, correct? This is where building the team and then placing your QB in there once you’re done creates a problem. 

It can be tough. Luckily if you continue to compete eventually you get to a draft class full of guys that are legit first round talents and you make your move in that class. 

12 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

mid take a QB this year if one is avalible where their value is close to our pick. I just don’t like this class. I haven’t seen much out of anything these guys are doing that says they will be any better then what we’ve seen this season at QB.

Rivera will just say “we didn’t want to give up any future assets,” code for we’d rather stay mediocre rather than taking a chance/risk that may pay off in a few years and we’ll be great w/ a great young QB.

Also, even if we did want to trade up and get Bryce Young or Stroud in next years draft, whoever is picking #1 and 2 has to be willing to trade that pick to us.

Edited by turtle28

Just now, turtle28 said:

Rivera will just say “we didn’t want to give up any future assets,” code for we’d rather stay mediocre rather than taking a chance/risk that may pay off in a few years and we’ll be great w/ a great young QB.

I mean eventually he has to select a QB eventually they will like someone. Even if it’s a mid round backup development selection. You have to throw darts. You can develop the position. That’s why I wanted to Draft Mond I felt like he and Taylor would be a good comp. but they went a different direction. This staff is eventually going to find their guy. They could very well draft one first round. I just don’t see a guy with such a higher skill set that Taylor doesn’t seem capable of getting to a level they play at. Corral has traits but his deep ball accuracy worries me. If you can’t place and hit deep balls regularly defense’s will start jumping your mid and short game. I think he’s clearly the top guy. But I doubt he’s there where we’re picking with these wins. But who knows

7 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I mean eventually he has to select a QB eventually they will like someone. Even if it’s a mid round backup development selection. You have to throw darts. You can develop the position. That’s why I wanted to Draft Mond I felt like he and Taylor would be a good comp. but they went a different direction. This staff is eventually going to find their guy. They could very well draft one first round. I just don’t see a guy with such a higher skill set that Taylor doesn’t seem capable of getting to a level they play at. Corral has traits but his deep ball accuracy worries me. If you can’t place and hit deep balls regularly defense’s will start jumping your mid and short game. I think he’s clearly the top guy. But I doubt he’s there where we’re picking with these wins. But who knows

The best comp for Taylor in the 2021 draft was Justin Fields. Fields is a bigger/faster/stronger version of Heinicke.

I really really hope I’m wrong but I really think they missed a golden opportunity to trade up and draft Fields or Mac Jones last draft and they’re going to be regretting it for a while.

Matt Corral is a good comp to how Heinicke plays & obviously accuracy can be improved if a prospect is willing to work hard at it. Heinicke has improved his accuracy as this season has gone on, I don’t see why Corral couldn’t if we draft him.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 2

Where do you all think Spencer Rattler will end up next year? I wonder if he stays in the Big12 so he can play against OU or if he starts fresh in another conference.

I actually wouldn’t be surprised if he transfers to Texas A&M so he can be coached/resurrected by Jimbo Fisher and then he’ll enter the 2022 draft at worst a mid round pick.

Edited by turtle28