2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

2 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Neal is massive. @ripsean21 How does he handle speed rushers. 

He uses his base and size and length to run guy out of plays. He’s not super athletic so speed guys if he leans into them can stutter rip him into them to the side and burst. Just something I’ve seen done with success but he is very good. He’s a really solid football player but I think the NCST T/G is the best I’ve seen since Nelson’s tape.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Very close stats between Pickett, Stroud and Young. Going to be a tough decision on the Heisman. 

I’ll be shocked if Young doesn’t win it not only bc of stats but just bc of where Alabama is again at #1. I know it shouldn’t matter but it will to some voters. They’ve all had great years though. Next year Stroud vs Young though will be neck and neck I think.

• Like 1

Just now, turtle28 said:

I’ll be shocked if Young doesn’t win it not only bc of stats but just bc of where Alabama is again at #1. I know it shouldn’t matter but it will to some voters. They’ve all had great years though. Next year Stroud vs Young though will be neck and neck I think.

Yeah Young gets it for me. He is just different. Pickett looked like a pro player against college defenses this year and it was impressive but what Young has done is different.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

This team needs an elite level OL on the roster. I wouldn’t be in a hurry to get rid of Brandon. 

Rivera adores Scherff. It’s been my guess he gets signed. It will be similar to what happened with Jonathan Allen. Totally unexpected. 

Just now, lavar703 said:

Rivera adores Scherff. It’s been my guess he gets signed. It will be similar to what happened with Jonathan Allen. Totally unexpected. 

We need a top level player on this OL. Cosmi can improve but needs to stay healthy. But we need to infuse youth and high level talent on the OL because then you can run the ball consistently and protect the QB. I would be surprised to see us go QB rd 1 then OL round two again

Just now, ripsean21 said:

We need a top level player on this OL. Cosmi can improve but needs to stay healthy. But we need to infuse youth and high level talent on the OL because then you can run the ball consistently and protect the QB. I would be surprised to see us go QB rd 1 then OL round two again

I bet we go RB in the second round. I see Gibson moving into McKissicks role.