2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

I think the obsession is warranted, because we don't have this position set IMO past 2022 unless something miraculous happens.

Next years top QBs aren't as sexy of picks, if Rattler is somehow within reason for us to get to him, I want him or Howell. More Rattler, I just trust how he's been coached so far.

2 hours ago, JoshstraDaymus said:

I think the obsession is warranted, because we don't have this position set IMO past 2022 unless something miraculous happens.

Next years top QBs aren't as sexy of picks, if Rattler is somehow within reason for us to get to him, I want him or Howell. More Rattler, I just trust how he's been coached so far.

It not just that, it’s the fact that in almost 30 years this franchise has only had 5 guys anyone thought had any chance of making us a contender. 

I just can’t get on board with being so complacent about the most position in football. It’s like we’re not even trying to be a Super Bowl Contender. 

The 49ers & Bears did what we should’ve done, what I wanted to do since December, trade up & get one of the best QBs. They didn’t just sit at 20 and wait to take thr best available defender, WR, OL or RB, they traded up and got a guy who may end up starting year 1 if they simplify the offense & tailor it to his skill set for at least his developmental years.

They Bears were like us, they had 2 vet QBs who made them a playoff contender but not much more - Dalton & Foles - they didn’t just sit on being mediocre, they got their guy for the future.

Here’s our HC’s message about QB:

Ron Rivera is ‘very confident’ in his QBs following NFL Draft

https://allfans.co/ron-rivera-is-very-confident-in-his-qbs-following-nfl-draft/ via @All Fans

Well, that makes one of us! I don’t know how anyone can be “very confident” in our QB situation even if you are the biggest homer.

“I’m very confident," Rivera said. "I think we got guys that can manage games when they need to be managed and guys that can go out and makes plays when they need to be made.”

However, just because Washington didn't draft a quarterback, it doesn't mean the team didn't draft for a quarterback.

By adding tackle Samuel Cosmi in the second round, Washington addressed its need along the offensive line. Dynamic receiver Dyami Brown has a chance to be an impact player in the passing game and Josh Bates is someone Rivera feels is a fit within Washington's offense at tight end.

Add that new talent to the acquisitions in free agency and the existing roster and Rivera feels that the team has provided a solid support system for whoever is under center.

“I like what we’ve done in terms of being able to put guys in front of them to protect them and then guys around them as playmakers," Rivera said. "I think we’re going to give our guys opportunities and chances.”

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Not trading up for Fields was just stupid. We’ll be digging for scraps amongst the veteran crop again next year because we’ll be too good and far too conservative to A. be in position to pick a top QB prospect and B. Won’t want to part with draft picks to get up there to get one.

I think this whole mess will be the downfall of the Rivera regime. They’ll keep putting this off and putting this off and end up getting someone who wasn’t able to get another team to the promised land similar to what Zimmer has done in Minnesota. I think these two teams are going to mirror each other. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I like the thread and the mindset. I wasn't looking to grasp for a QB this year. Seems that was the case by most...

82.6% totally fine with it.
12.4% annoyed but trust RR
5% they made a mistake
2,029 votes

Is this you? 😂 

48 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Yawn 🥱  no Trevor Lawrence or Justin Fields or the athleticism/size/strength potential of Trey Lance. They’re all Mac Jonesish w/ Rattler & King being much smaller versions of athletic QBs with good arms that will probably have problems staying healthy in the NFL.

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Not trading up for Fields was just stupid. We’ll be digging for scraps amongst the veteran crop again next year because we’ll be too good and far too conservative to A. be in position to pick a top QB prospect and B. Won’t want to part with draft picks to get up there to get one.

I think this whole mess will be the downfall of the Rivera regime. They’ll keep putting this off and putting this off and end up getting someone who wasn’t able to get another team to the promised land similar to what Zimmer has done in Minnesota. I think these two teams are going to mirror each other. 

Weird take, but I'm ready to make a very, very, VERY early prediction.

If Fitz does reasonably well, we will sign him to a 2 year contract and draft a QB.

If he doesn't, or if he does well and doesn't re-sign? We trade for Russell Wilson. The rumblings have been there for awhile now and I think Seattle is going to move on from him sooner (sometime in the next 2 years) rather than later.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

If Fitz does reasonably well, we will sign him to a 2 year contract and draft a QB.

If he doesn't, or if he does well and doesn't re-sign? We trade for Russell Wilson. The rumblings have been there for awhile now and I think Seattle is going to move on from him sooner (sometime in the next 2 years) rather than later.

Ill Allow It Spanish GIF

39 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

I’m not sure what’s weird about it Thai? Russell Wilson didn’t include us in his destinations and neither did Aaron Rodgers. We’re not a preferred place to go. So we’re looking at someone like Carr or Goff. 

If Fitz is re-signed for two more years than we’re on the road to nowhere. He’s not a winner. Fun guy to root for and will absolutely sling it but he’s proven over and over again he can’t get the job done as your full-time starter. They need a plan. Retreads and big trades for old vets should not be the answer. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I’m not sure what’s weird about it Thai? Russell Wilson didn’t include us in his destinations and neither did Aaron Rodgers. We’re not a preferred place to go. So we’re looking at someone like Carr or Goff. 

If Fitz is re-signed for two more years than we’re on the road to nowhere. He’s not a winner. Fun guy to root for and will absolutely sling it but he’s proven over and over again he can’t get the job done as your full-time starter. They need a plan. Retreads and big trades for old vets should not be the answer. 

The only thing I can tell you my friend, is that EVERY single QB has proven that cant win a Super Bowl, until they actually do it. 

I'm not saying that Fitzpatrick is going to lead us to a SB, but I am sick of the "he hasn't shown he can win, so his future can only be that." This is easily the best team (talent-wise) that he has been a part of. It's not going to be all on his shoulders. He is going to, assuming he wins the QB competition, be responsible for doing his part and only that. Fitz is a good QB and honestly was the best case scenario for us, for this season, when we weren't able to trade for a better QB.

• Like 1

Sadly I think this next class will be not so great.  The issue is two fold.  We had a lot of programs not playing or playing a limited season this last year and we just had a mass amount of qbs leave major programs.  So there will be a lot of essentially first time starters this year.  We might need to wait until 2023.  Of course there is always a Joe Burrow or two that wows everyone in one season.