2022 DRAFT THREAD - QB’s Wanted

1 hour ago, TKellion said:

What about Tyler Shough, QB, Oregon ?He certainly has the size you like,Can he throw?

He can def throw. The problem with his evaluation is they play a scheme they don’t highlight strengths. But he can throw. He’s a guy I’m very intrigued to see this season. We will see if he can elevate Oregon

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TKellion said:

What about Tyler Shough, QB, Oregon ?He certainly has the size you like,Can he throw?

2 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

He can def throw. The problem with his evaluation is they play a scheme they don’t highlight strengths. But he can throw. He’s a guy I’m very intrigued to see this season. We will see if he can elevate Oregon

He’s transferred to Texas Tech, so he’ll get the chance to tear up some Big XII defenses. 

I discussed Shough with @PARROTHEAD a few weeks ago. I think he has the physical toolkit — and is going to the kind of big number conducive situation — to be a riser next season. He pointed out, accurately, that Shough got benched at times (in a really weird coaching decision, I thought) for a lesser talent in Anthony Brown at the end of last season. Not a great look for a guy you want to be your franchise guy.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I’m doing my work on these guys and currently I’m on Carson Strong. Man!!! This guys deep ball placement and footwork and throwing motion are a thing of beauty. One thing I have noticed is that OL really keeps him clean but some of that is his quick trigger and his super fast drops after the snap. His side shuffle is seriously special so special I think this is the first time I’ve ever just noticed a guy move back that quick. It’s so smooth and fluid it’s like a CB with great hips on his backpedal and turning to run it’s a thing of beauty. Has the tools. This is a guy I’m really going to highlight this year. I see so many great things I’m really going to put in work on this car I love what he does with his arm eyes and feet within the pocket it’s amazing.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

So I’m doing my work on these guys and currently I’m on Carson Strong. Man!!! This guys deep ball placement and footwork and throwing motion are a thing of beauty. One thing I have noticed is that OL really keeps him clean but some of that is his quick trigger and his super fast drops after the snap. His side shuffle is seriously special so special I think this is the first time I’ve ever just noticed a guy move back that quick. It’s so smooth and fluid it’s like a CB with great hips on his backpedal and turning to run it’s a thing of beauty. Has the tools. This is a guy I’m really going to highlight this year. I see so many great things I’m really going to put in work on this car I love what he does with his arm eyes and feet within the pocket it’s amazing.

He has to stay healthy.  Question will be if he is mobile enough for our offense.  Love the arm strength, size, potential accuracy.  Needs more games.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Dated a few days ago, Walter Football had a 2022 2 round draft and they had us taking  

1st rd. Evan Neal OT/Alabama

2nd rd. Carson Strong QB/Nevada

Must have been checking my search and my saved games DVR🤣🤣. Actually I tell you watching Strong I’ve really really grown on their TE. He’s def a receiving TE but great hands uses his body very well and they have 2 draftable WR’s. This is going to be a exciting year to focus on these guys.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Dated a few days ago, Walter Football had a 2022 2 round draft and they had us taking  

1st rd. Evan Neal OT/Alabama

2nd rd. Carson Strong QB/Nevada

He needs to work on his vision as do most college sophomores. I have seen teams switch coverages on him in play and it’s left him mistaking his pre determined guy when if he was using his eyes he’d see the switch and be able to really exploit the not designed target because he generally wants to throw to Lockhart and Doubs or his TE. But he can fix these things. But I’ll give y’all his breakdown soon. I can def say he’s got all the tools. He can really shoot up teams lists this year if he fixes a few things

Dude Eric Gray at Oklahoma a Tennessee transfer this guy is simply electric. Was watching Rattler in his spring game. But man Gray is the guy and their 5 star freshman QB looks really really good. I hate to say it simply because he’s shorter and the same school but he looks exactly like Kyler Murray except he’s wearing number 5. This is Rattlers year but he better produce. Because this freshman won’t give him the job back if he sees the field for any reason.

my bad I mixed kaleb Williams the freshman and their 3rd QB they call super Mario. Both of them are nasty. Kaleb is tall athletic and looks like he’s already in complete control of this offense in Norman.

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

Dude Eric Gray at Oklahoma a Tennessee transfer this guy is simply electric. Was watching Rattler in his spring game. But man Gray is the guy and their 5 star freshman QB looks really really good. I hate to say it simply because he’s shorter and the same school but he looks exactly like Kyler Murray except he’s wearing number 5. This is Rattlers year but he better produce. Because this freshman won’t give him the job back if he sees the field for any reason.

my bad I mixed kaleb Williams the freshman and their 3rd QB they call super Mario. Both of them are nasty. Kaleb is tall athletic and looks like he’s already in complete control of this offense in Norman.

He should’ve stayed at Tennessee, he would’ve been playing if he had but maybe he did it for family reasons or something.

Where are you seeing these guys?

27 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He should’ve stayed at Tennessee, he would’ve been playing if he had but maybe he did it for family reasons or something.

Where are you seeing these guys?

The Oklahoma spring game is on youtube. There’s plenty of searches through campus media though that have game tape on other programs as well. But the bigger programs are generally televised and posted to YouTube. With all the games me and my roommate are going to live this year we’re already in mid season form scouting the 2022 class. From the Howell VT game week one to Malik vs Corral matchup at ole miss we have a full slate this season. We’re going to try to do live pregame pods to all our college and pro games this year. 

• Like 1

Sam Howell is still the guy I want. He reminds me a lot of Baker Mayfield and I think Baker is a damn good QB. We’ll see how 2022 turns out but I don’t want anymore damn excuses about “building it the right way” if the QB position goes the way I think it will this season. Go up and get your guy.