The Gregory Rousseau, Boogie Basham thread

BillsGuy82

On 6/1/2021 at 8:23 AM, Trentwannabe said:

The way Beane talked about Addison immediately after the draft makes me seriously doubt he is going anywhere. IMO Rousseau and Basham would have to really over achieve in training camp to warrant a move. I think those selections were more about a new DL era in 2022 and beyond then they are about this season. 

Just want to point out that after drafting singletary he made similar comments about shady being our starting Rb and he got cut at the end of camp. Not saying the scenario is the same but what beane says at times doesn really mean he is going to commit to keeping him. If basham or rousseau show more capability in TC and minicamp and the way Frazier has talked about Epenesa stepping up it may mean Addison could be a casualty if all are healthy going in to cut day.

19 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Just want to point out that after drafting singletary he made similar comments about shady being our starting Rb and he got cut at the end of camp. Not saying the scenario is the same but what beane says at times doesn really mean he is going to commit to keeping him. If basham or rousseau show more capability in TC and minicamp and the way Frazier has talked about Epenesa stepping up it may mean Addison could be a casualty if all are healthy going in to cut day.

Your right he did say that but he also said when he cut McCoy that he wouldn’t have done it without Gore being there or Singletary playing really well at camp or PS.

Like I said before, if Rousseau is ahead of schedule and they don’t see Basham being split between DT and DE than I could see it. But IMO all signs point to Johnson being the odd man out and Obada fighting for a 9th spot against Harrison Phillips. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Rousseau could have easily been the Ravens pick at 31.

Saw this on the little side feed feature thing, and can confirm it's true.

It came out that Ravens wanted Rashod Bateman or Elijah Moore and Odafe Oweh or Greg Rousseau. They ended up with Bateman/Odafe but it could've easily been Moore/Rousseau had things fallen differently. The Campbell-Rousseau similarities and connection were definitely appealing to me and I'm sure the Ravens FO as well. Hope he develops into a real player for your squad. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Saw this on the little side feed feature thing, and can confirm it's true.

It came out that Ravens wanted Rashod Bateman or Elijah Moore and Odafe Oweh or Greg Rousseau. They ended up with Bateman/Odafe but it could've easily been Moore/Rousseau had things fallen differently. The Campbell-Rousseau similarities and connection were definitely appealing to me and I'm sure the Ravens FO as well. Hope he develops into a real player for your squad. 

I didn’t know much about Rousseau before the draft because I A) originally thought he’d go top 15 and B) the rumours began swirling that Buffalo would go RB

So the more I read up on him after the draft the more I liked him and thought he really fit that Ravens archetype. Really hoping he has an impact on this defense like so many Ravens selections have on theirs.

• 4 months later...
1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

What's thoughts on AJ Epenesa play halfway though the season?

And why arent we playing more Basham?

I think he started out really well and has fallen off a bit. Thought he had a good game against the Jets.

I think the DL is just so deep that Basham can’t always get on the field. Obada seems to be out playing him at the moment. 

20 hours ago, BillsGuy82 said:

What's thoughts on AJ Epenesa play halfway though the season?

And why arent we playing more Basham?

I think they are taking Basham slow and will not force him in to having to be an impact this year in which they were hoping to do with Epenesa. Beane is playing the long game cause he knows that hughes and addison wont be back next year and having 3 young DE under rookie contract is great financially. I see them bringing another vet in during FA but over all the position could be locked up for the next 3 -4 years. Oliver and Edmunds will be receiving big deals soon so having these young guys can balance it out. Hopefully Beane takes this idea and does it with Guards in next years draft