The Final 53

D82

38 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Hey @Nextyearfordaboyz I updated based on what I have heard about LEO, 3T, 1T, DE - can you spot check and tell me where you think things are wrong.

I’ve spent a lot of time reading about the way Quinn approaches defense, because I wasn’t that familiar with it beforehand.

I think the way to look at it is, the LEO is really your 2nd edge defender. Joey Ickes is pushing the idea of Parsons playing edge full time, but I really think that job is going to mainly belong to Randy Gregory. Parsons is a linebacker, not an edge, IMO.

How they deal with these linebackers in 2020, I’m really not sure. The 2022 plan is probably to have Parsons at MLB and Cox at WLB. But Parsons can’t be a full time MLB this year, so they’ll probably use him differently, some as an MLB who blitzes up the middle a lot, some as DPR, some as SLB. 

Similarly with Osa, I personally feel like his long-term potential is at 1T. But we don’t know that for sure yet, and he’s certainly not a full-time 1T at 280lbs. So, if I had to guess, you’ll see him all up and down the line this year.

If you forced me to bucket these, this is the way I would like to see it from a macro view, but again, many of these guys are going to be played in multiple spots this year:

DE: Tank / Chauncey

3T: Gallimore / Hill (with Chauncey/Osa both getting some time here as well

1T: Urban / Osa

LEO: Randy / Basham / Anae

WLB: LVE / Neal / Cox

MLB: Parsons

SLB: Jaylon

I don’t have any major qualms, but I do think it’s a misnomer to pretend the LEO is a hybrid LB/Edge spot. If you want Parsons to be a real edge, then I won’t argue. I just don’t see it that way.

Edited by Nextyearfordaboyz

21 hours ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

Hey @Nextyearfordaboyz I updated based on what I have heard about LEO, 3T, 1T, DE - can you spot check and tell me where you think things are wrong.

Following up on this...

Micah Parsons said they told him to plan on playing MLB/WLB, with some designated pass rusher stuff.

I don’t think LEO is a fair designation for him at this point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

Following up on this...

Micah Parsons said they told him to plan on playing MLB/WLB, with some designated pass rusher stuff.

I don’t think LEO is a fair designation for him at this point.

Excellent. Changes made for the group.

Well  getting rid of Woods this early is in my mind good news for the chances of Bohanna making it ...

right now...

QB -  Dak   Rush

RB - Zeke Pollard Knox

WR - Cooper lamb Gallup Fehoko Wilson Brown 

TE - Jarvin Schultz Sprinkle...

G - Martin McGovern Williams Farniok

C - Biadasz Jones

OT - Smith Collins Ball Knight Nsekhe

DE - Gregory Lawrence Basham Golston Urban Anae

DT - Gallimore HIll Odighizuwa Bohanna J Hamilton

LB -  Smith parsons LVE cox Neal Bernard

CB - Diggs Lewis Joseph Brown Wright

S - Kazee Kearse Wilson Mukuamu

WILL we make any attempt to resign Looney....  like him over Jones but..

DE - do Urban and Anae both make it one of these might not. What value is Anae going to be with all our OLB's we have in Neal, Parsons maybe even Jaylon taking his roll.  Might keep OT Steele over extra DE...

Weakest links on this are J Hamilton and Bernard...   

will Smith actually make it..   I see Fehoko making it but this is a big if. IF Fehoko show in preseason then Brown is probably out his main roll is blocking and Fehoko is big enough to take that roll..   Loose Brown and Smith can sneak in.  or we add a FB. I also have three TE's on the team which might be 1 too many...

minor battle Rush or Gilbert

See how wrong I can be 4 months out

QB: Dak Prescott, Garrett Gilbert

RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Tony Pollard, Rico Dowdle

WR: Amari Cooper, Ceedee Lamb, Michael Gallup, Cedrick Wilson, Noah Brown, Semi Fehoko

TE: Blake Jarwin, Dalton Schultz, Sean McKeon

OT: Tyron Smith, La'el Collins, Ty Nsekhe, Terence Steele, Josh Ball

OG: Connor Williams, Zack Martin, Brandon Knight

OC: Tyler Biadasz, Connor McGovern

Total: 24 (24)

DE: Demarcus Lawrence, Randy Gregory, Tarrell Basham, Dorance Armstrong, Chauncey Gholston

DT: Brent Urban, Neville Gallimore, Trysten Hill, Osa Odighizuwa, Quinton Bohanna

LB: Leighton Vander Esch, Jaylon Smith, Micah Parsons, Keanu Neal, Jabril Cox, Francis Bernard

CB: Trevon Diggs, Kelvin Joseph, Anthony Brown, Jourdan Lewis, CJ Goodwin, Nahshon Wright

S: Damontae Kazee, Donovan Wilson, Reggie Robinson, Israel Mukuamu

Total: 26 (50)

K: Greg Zuerlein

P: Hunter Niswander

LS: Jake McQuaide

Total: 3 (53)

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

See how wrong I can be 4 months out

QB: Dak Prescott, Garrett Gilbert

RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Tony Pollard, Rico Dowdle

WR: Amari Cooper, Ceedee Lamb, Michael Gallup, Cedrick Wilson, Noah Brown, Semi Fehoko

TE: Blake Jarwin, Dalton Schultz, Sean McKeon

OT: Tyron Smith, La'el Collins, Ty Nsekhe, Terence Steele, Josh Ball

OG: Connor Williams, Zack Martin, Brandon Knight

OC: Tyler Biadasz, Connor McGovern

Total: 24 (24)

DE: Demarcus Lawrence, Randy Gregory, Tarrell Basham, Dorance Armstrong, Chauncey Gholston

DT: Brent Urban, Neville Gallimore, Trysten Hill, Osa Odighizuwa, Quinton Bohanna

LB: Leighton Vander Esch, Jaylon Smith, Micah Parsons, Keanu Neal, Jabril Cox, Francis Bernard

CB: Trevon Diggs, Kelvin Joseph, Anthony Brown, Jourdan Lewis, CJ Goodwin, Nahshon Wright

S: Damontae Kazee, Donovan Wilson, Reggie Robinson, Israel Mukuamu

Total: 26 (50)

K: Greg Zuerlein

P: Hunter Niswander

LS: Jake McQuaide

Total: 3 (53)

This looks accurate just switch Armstrong with Bradley A. And take out Noah Brown for Ralston. I don’t why everyone is cutting Goodwin. He a ST ACE

That is a good point about Goodwin...   I was hesitant about Hamilton on the DL so lets add Goodwin instead.   I figure because of all the troubles with injury we've had the past few years they go extra on the OL but yes Jones is probably a reach. 

17 minutes ago, eagles suck said:

This looks accurate just switch Armstrong with Bradley A. And take out Noah Brown for Ralston. I don’t why everyone is cutting Goodwin. He a ST ACE

Brown and Armstrong contribute more on ST than the guys you’re trying to cut them for, too

Anae ranks high on the list of guys since I’ve been a fan who have a super vocal fanbase for no good reason, lol

43 minutes ago, matt79511 said:

Brown and Armstrong contribute more on ST than the guys you’re trying to cut them for, too

Anae ranks high on the list of guys since I’ve been a fan who have a super vocal fanbase for no good reason, lol

I don't think that will be true. Ralston has potential to be a staple on special teams. 

14 minutes ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I don't think that will be true. Ralston has potential to be a staple on special teams. 

Fair enough, guess we’ll see. Most likely there’ll gonna be a couple undrafted rookies who sneak in. FWIW  we had 3 last year, all on offense (Dowdle, Mckeon, Steele)

4 hours ago, matt79511 said:

Yeah, I think you’d be likely to lose a lot of money betting against Goodwin and Brown to make the team.

I’m not quite as sold on Armstrong making the team. I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s DE3 this year, but I also won’t be surprised if he’s passed by Basham and Gholston on the depth chart. It will be an interesting battle to watch. But he’s not going to be a Cowboy in 2022, so I could see them being inclined to ride with the other guys if it’s close.