What teams do you think will be the top 5 offenses in 2021

CP3MVP

So.. using last year as a proxy, I'll say these teams are trending up

• Rams (QB upgrade)
  • Ravens (I think Bateman is the best WR Lamar will have thrown to in his career)
  • Cardinals (Murray becomes consistent)
  • Cowboys (Assuming fully healthy Dak)
  • Chargers (Herbert develops)
  • Jags (Lawrence and Etiene)
  • Broncos (QB upgrade)
  • Bengals (Full year Burrow plus adding Chase)
  • Jets (Drafted Wilson, and comparable year is LOL)

And these teams are trending down

• Saints (Brees retirement)
  • Steelers (Ben, continued regression)
  • Texans (Losing Watson, presumably)
  • Lions (QB downgrade)

With that in mind, here is my list:

1. Chiefs - losing a bit on the OL will hurt, but I think they have the most staying power of last year's top teams
  2. Packers - assuming Rodgers
  3. Ravens - I think their passing game marginally improves, but the running game continues at the level it has been
  4. Bills - I think we see a SLIGHT regression to the mean from this offense
  5. Cardinals - I think things finally click and that offense truly unlocks

Honorable mentions

• Cowboys (HM) - Dak is back, and still has nice receiving weapons
  • Titans (HM) - See Buffalo, slight regression to the mean, and losing Corey Davis is something
  • Bucs (HM) - I think the offense and its weapons are still elite. Brady can still do it, but I think he has a hard time matching 2020
  • Seahawks (HM) = Assuming Russ
  • Chargers (HM) - Adding OL will help. Herbert/Allen is an elite duo
  • Bengals (Darkhorse) - Burrow/Chase/Higgins will be an elite if the OL allows it
  • Like 6

19 hours ago, Tk3 said:

So.. using last year as a proxy, I'll say these teams are trending up

•  

Is it a mistake that you don't have 49ers trending up? Went from 2nd in points 2019 to 21st or something last year so if they can just stay a little healthier we should be back in contention for a Top-5/10 offense. I'd also put Rams, now that they have an actual QB, and Vikings in as an HMs over Seattle or Bengals but otherwise I agree with most of it. 

Edited by evilflamingo

Dalvin is pissed over Kamara getting the all pro nod. Kirk has (on paper) a much better offensive line. Jefferson is no longer a rookie. I like Minnesota's chances to be a top offense. 

I'd go with

Kansas City

Green Bay with Rodgers

Minnesota

Tampa Bay

Dallas

Tampa Bay

Kansas City

Baltimore

Buffalo

Atlanta 

I don't feel like I'm being a homer for Atlanta either. They were the worst team in the redzone TD conversion percentage last year and they should do much better with a better TE and a coach who knows how to run the red zone offense better.

On 5/3/2021 at 11:13 AM, Tk3 said:

With that in mind, here is my list:

1. Chiefs - losing a bit on the OL will hurt, but I think they have the most staying power of last year's top teams
  2. Packers - assuming Rodgers
  3. Ravens - I think their passing game marginally improves, but the running game continues at the level it has been
  4. Bills - I think we see a SLIGHT regression to the mean from this offense
  5. Cardinals - I think things finally click and that offense truly unlocks

Honorable mentions

• Cowboys (HM) - Dak is back, and still has nice receiving weapons
  • Titans (HM) - See Buffalo, slight regression to the mean, and losing Corey Davis is something
  • Bucs (HM) - I think the offense and its weapons are still elite. Brady can still do it, but I think he has a hard time matching 2020
  • Seahawks (HM) = Assuming Russ
  • Chargers (HM) - Adding OL will help. Herbert/Allen is an elite duo
  • Bengals (Darkhorse) - Burrow/Chase/Higgins will be an elite if the OL allows it

So you don't have Cleveland in the Top 11...?

7 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

So you don't have Cleveland in the Top 11...?

I'm an admitted non-believer in Baker, so feel free to disregard all my opinions, but here goes

I don't have Cleveland in the top 10 offenses (Bengals are a darkhorse, not a true HM). You weren't in the top 10 offenses last season either.. Not in points, total yards, or yards per play. Your defense may make you a top 10 team, but I frankly don't see it from a pure offensive perspective

I don't think your QB is as good as any of the 11 teams I mentioned. You have an elite running game, no doubt. But I just see those others as being potentially more explosive offenses. 

Just my opinions