What teams do you think will be the top 5 offenses in 2021

CP3MVP

5 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I'm an admitted non-believer in Baker, so feel free to disregard all my opinions, but here goes

I don't have Cleveland in the top 10 offenses (Bengals are a darkhorse, not a true HM). You weren't in the top 10 offenses last season either.. Not in points, total yards, or yards per play. Your defense may make you a top 10 team, but I frankly don't see it from a pure offensive perspective

I don't think your QB is as good as any of the 11 teams I mentioned. You have an elite running game, no doubt. But I just see those others as being potentially more explosive offenses. 

Just my opinions

Fair enough, I'll agree to disagree, but I understand. I'm an avid Kyler Murray HATER, and they've done very little to address major weaknesses within their OL, not to mention the division that they play in.

The Bengals OL situation is mediocre at best, and IMO they're going to have a difficult time not being one dimensional with how bad their defense is in light of CLE, BALT, and PITT being in the same division. They're going to get run over against Cleveland and Baltimore, and those EDGE guys are going to give Cinci a major issue.

I personally don't see Tennessee having addressed the WR spot opposite A.J. Brown, and they have a middle of the road offensive line.

I'm not so sure that SEA doesn't pick up where they left off towards the end of the season either.

JMHO 

On 5/3/2021 at 11:13 AM, Tk3 said:

So.. using last year as a proxy, I'll say these teams are trending up

• Rams (QB upgrade)
  • Ravens (I think Bateman is the best WR Lamar will have thrown to in his career)
  • Cardinals (Murray becomes consistent)
  • Cowboys (Assuming fully healthy Dak)
  • Chargers (Herbert develops)
  • Jags (Lawrence and Etiene)
  • Broncos (QB upgrade)
  • Bengals (Full year Burrow plus adding Chase)
  • Jets (Drafted Wilson, and comparable year is LOL)

And these teams are trending down

• Saints (Brees retirement)
  • Steelers (Ben, continued regression)
  • Texans (Losing Watson, presumably)
  • Lions (QB downgrade)

With that in mind, here is my list:

1. Chiefs - losing a bit on the OL will hurt, but I think they have the most staying power of last year's top teams
  2. Packers - assuming Rodgers
  3. Ravens - I think their passing game marginally improves, but the running game continues at the level it has been
  4. Bills - I think we see a SLIGHT regression to the mean from this offense
  5. Cardinals - I think things finally click and that offense truly unlocks

Honorable mentions

• Cowboys (HM) - Dak is back, and still has nice receiving weapons
  • Titans (HM) - See Buffalo, slight regression to the mean, and losing Corey Davis is something
  • Bucs (HM) - I think the offense and its weapons are still elite. Brady can still do it, but I think he has a hard time matching 2020
  • Seahawks (HM) = Assuming Russ
  • Chargers (HM) - Adding OL will help. Herbert/Allen is an elite duo
  • Bengals (Darkhorse) - Burrow/Chase/Higgins will be an elite if the OL allows it

no way whatever GIF

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

So you don't have Cleveland in the Top 11...?

As much as it pains me I think the Browns will definitely be a top 10 offense this year. Their offensive line, backs and receivers are simply too talented to not be good, all the pressure lies on Baker to push the offense to the next level. I for one am really looking forward to our battles with them this year.

41 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I'm an admitted non-believer in Baker, so feel free to disregard all my opinions, but here goes

I don't have Cleveland in the top 10 offenses (Bengals are a darkhorse, not a true HM). You weren't in the top 10 offenses last season either.. Not in points, total yards, or yards per play. Your defense may make you a top 10 team, but I frankly don't see it from a pure offensive perspective

I don't think your QB is as good as any of the 11 teams I mentioned. You have an elite running game, no doubt. But I just see those others as being potentially more explosive offenses. 

Just my opinions

Well if you paid attention, this team was hit with injuries (OBJ,Nick Chubb), Covid (individual players as well as a game with the whole WR room out and the HC), games with inclement weather where you had to condense the offensive playbook, all of that and was good enough to win 11 games as well as a divisional playoff game. There is plenty of context to why we didn't rank in the top in points, total yards or yards per play, I fully expect a healthy offense to be dynamic and unlike you I fully expect Baker to continue to ascend. 

Now the funny thing is teams assuming Lamar to all the sudden be a great passer now that Bateman is on the team when you couldn't even properly utilize Hollywood Brown (who would be a household name on any other team) but that's another conversation to be had. 

9 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

As much as it pains me I think the Browns will definitely be a top 10 offense this year. Their offensive line, backs and receivers are simply too talented to not be good, all the pressure lies on Baker to push the offense to the next level. I for one am really looking forward to our battles with them this year.

I'm definitely intrigued by some of the matchups across the board. The Front 7 on each side of the ball is going to be very interesting, and it's all going to come down to QB play, turnovers, and health IMO.

13 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Well if you paid attention, this team was hit with injuries (OBJ,Nick Chubb), Covid (individual players as well as a game with the whole WR room out and the HC), games with inclement weather where you had to condense the offensive playbook, all of that and was good enough to win 11 games as well as a divisional playoff game. There is plenty of context to why we didn't rank in the top in points, total yards or yards per play, I fully expect a healthy offense to be dynamic and unlike you I fully expect Baker to continue to ascend. 

Now the funny thing is teams assuming Lamar to all the sudden be a great passer now that Bateman is on the team when you couldn't even properly utilize Hollywood Brown (who would be a household name on any other team) but that's another conversation to be had. 

In 2020 the Ravens were 7th in points and 8th in yards per play. In 2019 the Ravens were 1st in points and 3rd in yards per play

In 2020 the Browns were 14th in points and 13th in yards per play. In 2019 the Browns were 22nd in points and 14th in yards per play

The reason people are putting the Ravens ahead is because they have proven to be a top 10 offense, not because they brought in Bateman

• Like 4

Maybe the Browns will prove me wrong and be a top 10 offense.. I'm rooting for my Lake Erie bretherin

I just think their success will be driven by their defense.. y'all are so defensive

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

In 2020 the Ravens were 7th in points and 8th in yards per play. In 2019 the Ravens were 1st in points and 3rd in yards per play

In 2020 the Browns were 14th in points and 13th in yards per play. In 2019 the Browns were 22nd in points and 14th in yards per play

The reason people are putting the Ravens ahead is because they have proven to be a top 10 offense, not because they brought in Bateman

Box score scouting without proper context, nice.....

Edited by MSURacerDT55

7 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Box score scouting without proper context, nice.....

Yep, the Browns are definitely the only team that had injuries, dealt with covid, or played in bad weather last year.

None of those factors adversely affected any other teams' offensive numbers.

Just the Browns.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

Maybe the Browns will prove me wrong and be a top 10 offense.. I'm rooting for my Lake Erie bretherin

I just think their success will be driven by their defense.. y'all are so defensive

Hopefully the NFL is as content to let Cleveland fly under the radar. This is what stuck out to me as amusing:

1 hour ago, Tk3 said:

Your defense may make you a top 10 team, but I frankly don't see it from a pure offensive perspective

Since you seem adamant to correlate previous years (the last 2), why in the world based upon 2019 and 2020 would you assume that Cleveland's defense would allow them to be a Top 10 team, when last year they were one of the worst in almost every aspect in all of football (minus turnovers forced)?

36 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

You sure do go out of your way quite a bit to constantly talk trash about a QB who is 4-1, has a 67% completion percentage, a 112 QB Rating, and has thrown 10 TDs to 2 INTs against your team, but...go off I guess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Yep, the Browns are definitely the only team that had injuries, dealt with covid, or played in bad weather last year.

None of those factors adversely affected any other teams' offensive numbers.

Just the Browns.

I mean, considering the Browns played against Vegas, Houston, and Philly in monsoon-like conditions (November on Lake Erie is no joke), lost essentially an entire offensive unit on 2 separate occasions to COVID (WR vs the Jets and OL vs. Pittsburgh), not to mention LB, C, and S in Week 17 vs. Pittsburgh, that's a pretty unprecedented run in about a 10 week period of time, especially when pointing out the outliers against Tennessee the following week, then Baltimore (game of the year IMO), etc.

What other Top performing offenses do you think had to deal with Covid, weather, and injuries to that extent down the stretch of 8 of the last 10 games, or any 10 week stretch for that matter? Serious question, not trying to troll here.

8 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Hopefully the NFL is as content to let Cleveland fly under the radar. This is what stuck out to me as amusing:

Since you seem adamant to correlate previous years (the last 2), why in the world based upon 2019 and 2020 would you assume that Cleveland's defense would allow them to be a Top 10 team, when last year they were one of the worst in almost every aspect in all of football (minus turnovers forced)?

LOL!!!! Cleveland fly under the radar?? They are the darlings of every single off season!!

• Like 2

Just now, MWil23 said:

Because they added John Johnson, Troy Hill, Jadeveon Clowney, Anthony Walker, Malik Jackson, Greg Newsome, JOK, and will be getting back Grant Delpit

If it bothers you I can retract the comment that I think they will have a good defense......

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, considering the Browns played against Vegas, Houston, and Philly in monsoon-like conditions (November on Lake Erie is no joke), lost essentially an entire offensive unit on 2 separate occasions to COVID (WR vs the Jets and OL vs. Pittsburgh), not to mention LB, C, and S in Week 17 vs. Pittsburgh, that's a pretty unprecedented run in about a 10 week period of time, especially when pointing out the outliers against Tennessee the following week, then Baltimore (game of the year IMO), etc.

What other Top performing offenses do you think had to deal with Covid, weather, and injuries to that extent down the stretch of 8 of the last 10 games, or any 10 week stretch for that matter? Serious question, not trying to troll here.

Yeah, but what makes you think the Browns are not going to have adverse weather this year also?

Cleveland weather is what it is. You're going to have a couple bad weather games and I don't think its some outlandish differentiating factor year to year

It could be worse next year for all you know