What teams do you think will be the top 5 offenses in 2021

CP3MVP

Just now, Tk3 said:

Because they added John Johnson, Troy Hill,

Great pickups

Just now, Tk3 said:

Jadeveon Clowney, Anthony Walker,

LOL on Clowney and Walker. Walker is a downgrade from Goodson last year, and Clowney is a downgrade on Vernon as well.

Just now, Tk3 said:

Malik Jackson,

A wash with losing Richardson

Just now, Tk3 said:

Greg Newsome, JOK, and will be getting back Grant Delpit

We haven't seen 3 of those guys play a single snap yet.

Just now, Tk3 said:

If it bothers you I can retract the comment that I think they will have a good defense......

I would like for you to retract the good defense comment please. :) 

4 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, considering the Browns played against Vegas, Houston, and Philly in monsoon-like conditions (November on Lake Erie is no joke), lost essentially an entire offensive unit on 2 separate occasions to COVID (WR vs the Jets and OL vs. Pittsburgh), not to mention LB, C, and S in Week 17 vs. Pittsburgh, that's a pretty unprecedented run in about a 10 week period of time, especially when pointing out the outliers against Tennessee the following week, then Baltimore (game of the year IMO), etc.

What other Top performing offenses do you think had to deal with Covid, weather, and injuries to that extent down the stretch of 8 of the last 10 games, or any 10 week stretch for that matter? Serious question, not trying to troll here.

Lets please not forget that the Ravens experienced the largest Covid outbreak in the entire league last year.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I would like for you to retract the good defense comment please. :) 

The Browns are going to be the 11th-15th best offense, will have a terrible defense, and go 6-11

Just now, Tk3 said:

Yeah, but what makes you think the Browns are not going to have adverse weather this year also?

Let's wait for their schedule to be released on Wednesday.

Just now, Tk3 said:

Cleveland weather is what it is. You're going to have a couple bad weather games and I don't think its some outlandish differentiating factor year to year

It could be worse next year for all you know

Very fair. Putting in a new offensive system in a COVID off-season with a bunch of virtual practices didn't help either. It's amusing to me to see you zoning in on simply only the inclement weather aspect as opposed to the Covid quarantine(s) aspect, which is far from normal and accounts for 5 of the 8 games I was referencing. :) 

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I mean, considering the Browns played against Vegas, Houston, and Philly in monsoon-like conditions (November on Lake Erie is no joke), lost essentially an entire offensive unit on 2 separate occasions to COVID (WR vs the Jets and OL vs. Pittsburgh), not to mention LB, C, and S in Week 17 vs. Pittsburgh, that's a pretty unprecedented run in about a 10 week period of time, especially when pointing out the outliers against Tennessee the following week, then Baltimore (game of the year IMO), etc.

What other Top performing offenses do you think had to deal with Covid, weather, and injuries to that extent down the stretch of 8 of the last 10 games, or any 10 week stretch for that matter? Serious question, not trying to troll here.

I mean, I didn't follow other teams' injuries/COVID issues super closely, but the Ravens lost Ronnie Stanley and Nick Boyle to inury in week 9 vs Pit, played in a monsoon in NE in week 10, and then had half of their offense out in weeks 11 and 12 against Ten and Pitt because of COVID.

Right there was a 4 week stretch where the offensive lineup was different every single week with a monsoon thrown in the middle.

I'm not interested in a pissing match about what offenses had it worse this year.

My point is that the Browns weren't the only team to have their numbers suffer because of extenuating circumstances last year and suggesting that as the reason why they weren't a top 10 offense is disingenuous IMO

Just now, Tk3 said:

The Browns are going to be the 11th-15th best offense, will have a terrible defense, and go 6-11

Thank you. Those expectations are eerily comforting as opposed to lofty expectations. See: My mental meltdown in the 3rd quarter wildcard round vs. Pittsburgh.

2 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

Lets please not forget that the Ravens experienced the largest Covid outbreak in the entire league last year.

That was a single game, which was also a travesty, mostly because of how their own coaching/organization handled it and blatantly gave Covid the finger, as opposed to Quarantine protocols over a 5 game span last year.

I mean...you even got that game bumped back.

Just now, MWil23 said:

Let's wait for their schedule to be released on Wednesday.

Very fair. Putting in a new offensive system in a COVID off-season with a bunch of virtual practices didn't help either. It's amusing to me to see you zoning in on simply only the inclement weather aspect as opposed to the Covid quarantine(s) aspect, which is far from normal and accounts for 5 of the 8 games I was referencing. :) 

tons of teams had Covid issues

the Titans had major covid issues and were a top offense. the Ravens lost their whole offense for a game also and had a good offense.

I don't have the whole list in front of me, but covid had an impact on a lot of teams

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

Thank you. Those expectations are eerily comforting as opposed to lofty expectations. See: My mental meltdown in the 3rd quarter wildcard round vs. Pittsburgh.

That was wild.. I've never seen a team up by 3 TDs in the 2nd half lose their minds like that haha

14 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

You sure do go out of your way quite a bit to constantly talk trash about a QB who is 4-1, has a 67% completion percentage, a 112 QB Rating, and has thrown 10 TDs to 2 INTs against your team, but...go off I guess.

What was his record while trailing at half? 🤔

6 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

I mean, I didn't follow other teams' injuries/COVID issues super closely, but the Ravens lost Ronnie Stanley and Nick Boyle to inury in week 9 vs Pit, played in a monsoon in NE in week 10, and then had half of their offense out in weeks 11 and 12 against Ten and Pitt because of COVID.

Right there was a 4 week stretch where the offensive lineup was different every single week with a monsoon thrown in the middle.

I'm not interested in a pissing match about what offenses had it worse this year.

My point is that the Browns weren't the only team to have their numbers suffer because of extenuating circumstances last year and suggesting that as the reason why they weren't a top 10 offense is disingenuous IMO

We also didn't have the #2 Defense to rely on, major difference 

4 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

tons of teams had Covid issues

the Titans had major covid issues and were a top offense. the Ravens lost their whole offense for a game also and had a good offense.

I don't have the whole list in front of me, but covid had an impact on a lot of teams

I think comparing a game outbreak in comparison to a 6 game outbreak and losing entire units (plural) during that stretch is a bit ridiculous.

Just now, MWil23 said:

I think comparing a game outbreak in comparison to a 6 game outbreak and losing entire units (plural) during that stretch is a bit ridiculous.

I mean, you're completely ignoring my post above that gives you a 4 week stretch of the team dealing with a combination of injuries, weather, and COVID lol. But you continue to just focus on one of those 4 for some reason...

• Like 1