Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Interesting move in my opinion, I thought they would at least keep him for depth if anything. I think they need to bring in some one just for that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Superman(DH23) said:

Can you find a link?  If true Jenkins is the clear cut LT and this OL just got mean and nasty on the left side.

this is where I saw it first. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, blkwdw13 said:

Interesting move in my opinion, I thought they would at least keep him for depth if anything. I think they need to bring in some one just for that. 

I figured they were going to hold onto him until June 1, and try to get something for the league avg LT.  But they just sent a message instead.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Writing was on the wall after adding Jenkins in the draft. Leno was set to make too much money and Bears desperately need cap relief.

I'm fine with this move.  Leno is an average player.

Let's just hope the OL can stay healthy this year.

Who knows, maybe they re-sign Leno on the cheap of he doesn't get much interest as a FA.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

Interesting move in my opinion, I thought they would at least keep him for depth if anything. I think they need to bring in some one just for that. 

In terms of depth they drafted 2 OTs signed 2 more udfa, already had 3 on the roster, plus they have Bars as a super sub who can fill in at any of the 5 positions and hold his own. They may bring in a june 1 cut for competition, but you're only carrying 8 or 9 OL on the 53.

Jenkins

Daniels 

Mustipher

Whitehair

Ifedi

Bars

Borom

Are probably locked in.  They only have room for 1 or 2 more. And probably only 1 bc of Bars versatility.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol this sucks for Leno though.  After Bears drafted Fields the other night he tweeted out to Fields saying something about welcome to the team and that he has to buy the OL Chipotle. 

He seems like a really good guy outside of the team as well with the charity work he does in the community. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Writing was on the wall after adding Jenkins in the draft. Leno was set to make too much money and Bears desperately need cap relief.

I'm fine with this move.  Leno is an average player.

Let's just hope the OL can stay healthy this year.

Who knows, maybe they re-sign Leno on the cheap of he doesn't get much interest as a FA.

Hes a league avg starting LT, so those teams with a below league avg LT will almost certainly be interested.  And he doesnt miss snaps.  As funny as it feels to say about Leno, he wont be out of work long.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

In terms of depth they drafted 2 OTs signed 2 more udfa, already had 3 on the roster, plus they have Bars as a super sub who can fill in at any of the 5 positions and hold his own. They may bring in a june 1 cut for competition, but you're only carrying 8 or 9 OL on the 53.

Jenkins

Daniels 

Mustipher

Whitehair

Ifedi

Bars

Borom

Are probably locked in.  They only have room for 1 or 2 more. And probably only 1 bc of Bars versatility.

 

Yeah I completely forgot about the guy from the Broncos they picked up. Really hoping Jenkins can play at the level his tape shows. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

7th round pick to multimillionaire Leno done did good.  His ability to stay on the field is really an underrated asset he brought here and stabilized the LT spot for half a decade.  Best of luck to him on his next team and wish him and his family well.  Once a Bear always a Bear.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It saves 9 million.

Leno was a solid player and a good 7th round player, but to me he always represented the "good enough" mentality on offense. He was average and we didn't try to replace him.

The era of "good enough" on offense appears to be over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

It saves 9 million.

Leno was a solid player and a good 7th round player, but to me he always represented the "good enough" mentality on offense. He was average and we didn't try to replace him.

The era of "good enough" on offense appears to be over.

This really about sums it up.  He was everything you could hope for from a 7th round pick and more.  But he wasnt good enough to not have competition at the spot year after year.  Had the Bears invested more he might have won those competitions and been better for it.  As it is, he never had to progress beyond league avg and thus never became better than league avg.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...