NFL’s Thursday Night Football package now will be streaming exclusively on Amazon Prime

The Third Rider

Unpopular opinion....

Just sell the exclusive right to all 272 games to one provider, and let everyone choose which games they want to consume.

Whether it be NFL Network/APP, ESPN/ESPN+, ABC, CBS, Netflix, Amazon, whoever.. Just put all the games in one place, not subject to blackout, and let me watch whatever I want to during every time slot

Edit: I realize I basically just described Sunday Ticket, but it needs to just be one thing, all the time

Edited by Tk3
  • Like 2

Just now, wackywabbit said:

Literally anything is better than Sunday Ticket being DirectTV exclusive, that's the change I'm waiting for. Everyone has Prime already.

I live out in the country and my internet can't live stream...so that excuse isn't really good for people like me.

Just now, wackywabbit said:

Literally anything is better than Sunday Ticket being DirectTV exclusive, that's the change I'm waiting for. Everyone has Prime already.

Agreed

Basically everyone already has prime. Even if this becomes an "add-on" service, its still going to be both cheaper and more accessible than Sunday Ticket.

If boomers don't like it, let them call their grandchildren to figure out how to make it work.

Plus, we never talk about the non-football fans of the world, but they are SUPER annoyed when football interferes with their expected programming. Take it off the networks, give it to some widely accessible service, and let's go

On 5/3/2021 at 11:08 AM, Tk3 said:

Edit: I realize I basically just described Sunday Ticket, but it needs to just be one thing, all the time

And, I wouldn't have an issue with the Sunday Ticket, but I don't like getting locked into a contract to use a service I never used other than for the sole purpose of watching football.  It took an act of the gods and congress to get away from DirecTV.   Even then, they came up with some fee I supposedly didn't pay, even though my balance was zero on my last statement, and got sent to collections without ever even trying to contact me via mail, email, phone, etc...  No...I'm not bitter, why do you ask?  lol