NFL’s Thursday Night Football package now will be streaming exclusively on Amazon Prime

The Third Rider

On 5/3/2021 at 4:49 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Yea I'd be stoked if Amazon got every game eventually. Amazon taking over the world babyyyy!

Once Lord Bezos has achieved absolute control, your loyalty will not be forgotten!

• Like 2

Whatever gets rid of blackouts is fine with me.

I had Sunday Ticket, and occasionally here in MT, I couldn't watch a Broncos game because it was being broadcasted on the locals, but the local channels were in fact broadcasting a different game.  

If I'm paying for Sunday Ticket or the Prime version of that or whatever, let me choose what  games I want to watch.  Even if it is still being broadcasted on the CBS or NBC channels for people who can't stream reliably, let people who spring for the extra cost of Sunday Ticket pick what games they want to watch regardless of market.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Danger said:

Shouldn't be a problem in a few years hopefully.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starlink

Yeah - if they can get cable everywhere they can get internet access everywhere

They just have chosen not to. If rural folk lose their football and start complaining, they will get the infrastructure in place. The way these internet/cable providers have operated under regional monopolies has been nothing short of criminal, leading to higher prices and lower levels of service.

But yeah, a satellite based provider would make a lot of sense to get internet everywhere

17 hours ago, MWil23 said:

My neighbor across the street/lot is getting it, coming at some point in the next 12 months. More competition for the big guns like AT&T is fantastic for me.

It's more about collusion than it is competition imo

Having a Musk who is willing to break down these long established "agreements" on who provides service where, is going to benefit overall competition in the cable/internet space

• Like 1