53 Man Roster Predictions - Cutdown day pg5

The draft just ended so lets see who we think makes the team months before we have any clue of anything!

For fun I am just going to include every rookie we drafted in my first prediction. I'd imagine at least a couple will struggle to make the 53 in reality. If you want to include FA's you think we will sign go for it.

53 Man Roster:

QB: Jalen Hurts | Joe Flacco | Jamie Newman
RB: Miles Sanders | Jordan Howard | Kenny Gainwell | Boston Scott
WR: Devonta Smith | Jalen Reagor | Travis Fulgham | Greg Ward | Quez Watkins
TE: Dallas Goedert | Zach Ertz | Richard Rodgers(I think he comes back)
LT: Jordan Mailata | Andre Dillard
LG: Landon Dickerson | Isaac Seumalo
Center:  Jason Kelce
RG: Brandon Brooks | Nate Herbig
RT: Lane Johnson | Jack Driscoll

DE: Brandon Graham | Derek Barnett | Josh Sweat | Patrick Johnson | Tarron Jackson
DT: Fletcher Cox | Javon Hargrave | Hassan Ridgeway | Milton Williams | Marlon Tuipulotu
LB: Eric Wilson | Alex Singleton | T.J. Edwards | Davion Taylor | Gernard Avery | Shaun Bradley | Jacoby Stevens
CB: Darius Slay | Avonte Maddox | Zech McPhearson | Craig James | Michael Jacquet
S: Rodney McLeod | Anthony Harris| K'Von Wallace | Marcus Epps

K: Jake Elliot
P: ???????????????????????????????? Our only signed Punter is Arryn Siposs???????????
LS: Rick Lovato

Honestly, Offensively I think we are looking pretty solid. The addition of Smith makes our WR room look a lot better, and our OL if healthy should be a top 10 unit. We should be able to get a solid evaluation of Hurts. Defensively we are incredibly thin everywhere, especially at CB. I would be shocked if they don't sign at least one or two FA's to compete with this group.

When I know more about the scheme I'll post another 53 with actual positions on the defense. Right now I see Gernard Avery and Patrick Johnson playing the Anthony Barr role in sub packages, but I just don't know enough about the scheme to make a hard read on it.  

• Like 1

A couple things I disagree with.

Landon Dickerson probably more or less redshirts this season, he'll be a backup unless there's an injury.

Don't think we keep 7 Linebackers. The only guarantees in my eyes are Singleton and Wilson, Stevens or Bradley could end up on the practice squad perhaps. Avery could get cut.

38 minutes ago, Danger said:

Landon Dickerson probably more or less redshirts this season, he'll be a backup unless there's an injury.

Roseman is positive Dickerson, who suffered an ACL injury during the SEC Championship Game in December, won't need to be "redshirted" this year. Different player, different scenario. 

"We're confident it's not going to be a redshirt season. That's not what we were thinking about with Landon," Roseman said on a conference call during the draft. "You understand there is risk/reward in it. I think, again, we rely on our medical staff to try to figure out the best way to handle these.

Seems like they're going to let him compete for a spot - seems like a bad idea but who knows. 

Hot take, but they cross train Mailata and have him start in place of lane should he not be ready and Dillard starts at LT. we don’t know the full extent of a “collapsed ankle” and Dillard should’ve been working all season on his lower body which hopefully means he comes back with a stronger base. Iirc, Dillard’s issues was against power rushers and run blocking, right?  

52 minutes ago, Danger said:

A couple things I disagree with.

Don't think we keep 7 Linebackers. The only guarantees in my eyes are Singleton and Wilson, Stevens or Bradley could end up on the practice squad perhaps. Avery could get cut.

I read that they think he is ready to go by camp, and talent wise I think he is going be a starter.

I also doubt we keep 7... probably 6 LBs. Its super hard to predict with a new staff and me just not knowing much about the scheme. I know its the Zimmer scheme so I do wanna explore what they do on defense, especially what they do with Barr and Kendricks.

Just now, oland11 said:

Hot take, but they cross train Mailata and have him start in place of lane should he not be ready and Dillard starts at LT. we don’t know the full extent of a “collapsed ankle” and Dillard should’ve been working all season on his lower body which hopefully means he comes back with a stronger base. Iirc, Dillard’s issues was against power rushers and run blocking, right?  

Mailata is just a way better athlete than Dillard. I remember him getting bullied by bull rushers though when he did play. What you are saying could happen for sure, but I just really doubt it. Lane is going to want to play and Mailata has more experience at LT now... the only way he isnt starting there next year is if Dillard owns in camp.

18 minutes ago, oland11 said:

I often time forget that Andre Dillard is on the roster/an NFL player. 

Hopefully he can turn it around and provide something of value this year or that's another pretty significant miss by the FO. 

11 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

I often time forget that Andre Dillard is on the roster/an NFL player. 

Hopefully he can turn it around and provide something of value this year or that's another pretty significant miss by the FO. 

If I were him I’d just train at RT and show I can do that. If he turns it around and shows that they could move on from Lane I’m sure the FO would take it given Lane’s age/cost/injuries/always present chance of being suspended for a whole season.

Wish he’d gotten a chance to play and look good last year, they probably could’ve shipped him.

He’d have to do significant work to move inside and I’m not sure he could.

Mailata being what he is saves things. He’s an incredible story and budding player.

I feel really good about both trench groups. I'd say they're the best OL/DL combo in the division. Even before the draft they were. I'm actually kind of intrigued by the idea of having Wilson and Singleton as the nickel LBs and Edwards being the base thumper. I think it can be a middle of the pack unit. Which is a massive upgrade. Then you add in the development of Taylor and Bradley, the Stevens and Johnson draft picks, and Avery switching positions. That unit could become a strength sooner than later. I think it's being slept on a little bit.

If our OL plays like they can, we’re going to be at least middle of the road offensively. Maybe top 10-12. Defensively we have some things to figure out. It really hinges on our pass rush. Which I just don’t see being good. 

23 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

If our OL plays like they can, we’re going to be at least middle of the road offensively. Maybe top 10-12. Defensively we have some things to figure out. It really hinges on our pass rush. Which I just don’t see being good. 

Why don't you see the pass rush being good?