53 Man Roster Predictions - Cutdown day pg5

12 hours ago, Danger said:

Ward >>>>> Hightower

I mean Ward really operates as a short route runner from the slot. Ward runs a lot of short routes, at one of the highest rates in the league. Ward can only play in the slot and that hurts his value significantly on this team. Hightower offers more size, down field catching ability and more on special teams.  Smith, Reagor, and Watkins can all play in the slot. I don't really think he's way better of an option than Hightower in as a 5th receiver. Especially on this team, he doesn't offer anything unique or valuable. I would much rather keep Hightower or even JJAW who has been a willing a capable special teams contributor this preseason. 

6 hours ago, Folesadelphia said:

Ward can only play in the slot and that hurts his value significantly on this team.

Ward can also consistently catch the ball, something most of the other WRs can't do, that significantly helps his value to this team. 

Hightower offers more size, down field catching ability and more on special teams.

You might as well remove the catching part of this because his hands are questionable at best - can he run fast down the field? Sure. Can he catch the ball down the field? Doubtful. 

I don't really think he's way better of an option than Hightower in as a 5th receiver.

Neither are ideal options tbh - but Ward is a much better player then Hightower. 

I would much rather keep Hightower or even JJAW who has been a willing a capable special teams contributor this preseason. 

Both Hightower and JJAW should be cut - neither provide anything significant to this team. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Scalamania said:

Ward can also consistently catch the ball, something most of the other WRs can't do, that significantly helps his value to this team. 

You might as well remove the catching part of this because his hands are questionable at best - can he run fast down the field? Sure. Can he catch the ball down the field? Doubtful. 

Neither are ideal options tbh - but Ward is a much better player then Hightower. 

Both Hightower and JJAW should be cut - neither provide anything significant to this team. 

I don't disagree that Ward is a better WR than Hightower at this point. How he's able to get open and the routes he runs is important though. He is a small Jordan Matthews. Ward can get open and catch balls on 2 yard routes out of the slot. Maybe last year he was the of the more consistent receivers on the team but that's not an accomplishment. He has no upside whatsoever and had a redundant skill set. They have Smith, Reagor, Watkins, Goedert and Ertz who can all work out of the slot and are all way better options. The Eagles have Fulgham as their lone WR with any size. That being said, I am not high on Hightower or JJAW either, I'm just saying that they have a potential profile that fits more with what the Eagles need. Hightower doesn't seem to have very good hands but being able to run down the field fast and having size does have value. Especially, on special teams. Also, Hightower at least he has some threat of beating a defender deep. He also has had less time as a pro and it's very possible/likely Hightower never shows anything but he does have more potential than Ward just with his size and speed alone. I'm not trying to hype up any of Hightower, JJAW, or Ward and I won't care if/when all three are cut. They all are underwhelming receivers. The best option is likely a player who will be cut from another team. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

Wants me to pay for access. Can F Off, LOL.

Hurts-Flacco-Mullens 

Sanders-Scott-Gainwell-Howard

Goedert-Ertz-Rodgers-Jackson 

Reagor-Smith-Watkins-Ward-Fulgham

Mailata-Seumalo-Kelce-Brooks-Johnson-Driscoll-Herbig-Clark-Dillard-Dickerson-Opeta

Graham-Sweat-Cox-Hargrave-Barnett-Kerrigan-Williams-Jackson-Ridgeway

Wilson-Singleton-Avery-Edwards-Taylor 

Slay-Nelson-Maddox-Harris-Wallace-McCleod-McPhearson-Adams-James-Epps

Elliott-Siposs-Lovato 

PS-

Huntley-Patton-Hightower-Stoll-Awosika-Toth-Pryor-McGill-Williams-Tuipulotu-Leo-Johnson-Bradley-Stevens-Jacquet-Scot-Arnold

He obviously goes into detail and I can relay if you have questions but that’s his list. Some asterisks with a couple guys but I’ve spent enough time doing this lol. 

18 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Related: Report earlier that there was some interest from other teams on trading for our OLinemen.

Regardless of people’s opinions of our backups, I think some of them could in theory start for some other team tomorrow. Stoutland is phenomenal at coaching but I’m curious to know how our depth guys would look in other systems without Stout. 

2 hours ago, oland11 said:

Regardless of people’s opinions of our backups, I think some of them could in theory start for some other team tomorrow. Stoutland is phenomenal at coaching but I’m curious to know how our depth guys would look in other systems without Stout. 

I love that this team has 5 good starters at O-line and 4 really quality backups.