Jump to content

53 Man Roster Predictions - Cutdown day pg5


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Rodgers and Howard both cut..... Not too surprised by Rodgers(and he might be back) because of Stoll, but Howard is a shocker for sure. Everyone was saying he is making the team. 

So are we looking at signing another RB from somewhere? No way we just roll with 3 RB's this year right?

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Rodgers and Howard both cut..... Not too surprised by Rodgers(and he might be back) because of Stoll, but Howard is a shocker for sure. Everyone was saying he is making the team. 

So are we looking at signing another RB from somewhere? No way we just roll with 3 RB's this year right?

They both were probably cut before the deadline so their contracts don't get guaranteed. Its seems like Rodgers will come back after Jackson is put on IR.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Rodgers and Howard both cut..... Not too surprised by Rodgers(and he might be back) because of Stoll, but Howard is a shocker for sure. Everyone was saying he is making the team. 

So are we looking at signing another RB from somewhere? No way we just roll with 3 RB's this year right?

A lot of those guys very well could be back, either after we do the IR moves or after week 1 so there contracts aren’t guaranteed.

Howard will probably be resigned after They IR Jackson and Stoll, same with one of the DTs. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

A lot of those guys very well could be back, either after we do the IR moves or after week 1 so there contracts aren’t guaranteed.

Howard will probably be resigned after They IR Jackson and Stoll, same with one of the DTs. 

Is Stoll's injury bad enough to go on IR? I heard he was banged up but that would make more sense. I do think both Rodgers and Howard come back at the moment, but maybe there is someone out there they are looking at.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Is Stoll's injury bad enough to go on IR? I heard he was banged up but that would make more sense. I do think both Rodgers and Howard come back at the moment, but maybe there is someone out there they are looking at.

Same IR rules as last year, it doesn’t end the season anymore.

Id expect at some point it’ll be made into the norm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kiltman said:

Same IR rules as last year, it doesn’t end the season anymore.

Id expect at some point it’ll be made into the norm.

Right, but they still have to miss about a month no? Did Stoll get hurt in the last preseason game? I saw he played but I haven't heard about him being that hurt at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing that confuses me the most about Jordan Howard is they didn't play him in the final preseason game at all. They treated him like a vet who was going to get significant reps in the season. Definitely feel like he will be back unless their is someone they love on waivers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The thing that confuses me the most about Jordan Howard is they didn't play him in the final preseason game at all. They treated him like a vet who was going to get significant reps in the season. Definitely feel like he will be back unless their is someone they love on waivers.

They are most likely cutting him so they can IR a player and then resign him. He won't be picked up through waivers so he'll most likely get resigned within the next two-three days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The thing that confuses me the most about Jordan Howard is they didn't play him in the final preseason game at all. They treated him like a vet who was going to get significant reps in the season. Definitely feel like he will be back unless their is someone they love on waivers.

Yea I’d bet he’s coming back after the IR guys. Plus, as I was reading those vet contracts (Howard, Rodgers) are guaranteed after the start of the season. Or something along those lines. They can resign them knowing no ones putting in waivers and they get them on non guaranteed contracts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Yea I’d bet he’s coming back after the IR guys. Plus, as I was reading those vet contracts (Howard, Rodgers) are guaranteed after the start of the season. Or something along those lines. They can resign them knowing no ones putting in waivers and they get them on non guaranteed contracts. 

Ya I read that as well... thought I heard you had to wait till after the first week of the season for that to be the case though, or something along those lines.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know a couple of you guys were high on Antonio Gandy-Golden. He was released by Washington today. I don't know if the Eagles would have interest in him or not. I don't know if they would swap out JJAW for him or not but that's who I think they would swap him out for.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...