How And Why The Bears Chose Justin Fields

soulman

3 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

We also need to thank Philly & Dallas because if they hadn't swapped their picks then the Giants would have taken Smith and not traded down with us.

i went over to the philly board on draft night and thanked them

if we really want to get deep, we need to thank rodgers and the jets. Jets eventually pull the trigger on trading darnold, leaving CAR to adjust their plans and pivot around putting a full team around darnold and seeing what they have for a year or two. then with the stunt that rodgers pulled on draft day, i believe that DEN thinks they ~may~ have a legitimate shot at getting rodgers, so they go the CB route as well. with the top 2 CBs off the board, dallas loses their top two targets - making them willing to pick up an extra 3rd to move back 2 spots so philly can snag devonta right before the giants inevitably take him. without smith and no other receiver worthy of the 11th pick, giants trade back and the rest is history

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuskieBear said:

i went over to the philly board on draft night and thanked them

if we really want to get deep, we need to thank rodgers and the jets. Jets eventually pull the trigger on trading darnold, leaving CAR to adjust their plans and pivot around putting a full team around darnold and seeing what they have for a year or two. then with the stunt that rodgers pulled on draft day, i believe that DEN thinks they ~may~ have a legitimate shot at getting rodgers, so they go the CB route as well. with the top 2 CBs off the board, dallas loses their top two targets - making them willing to pick up an extra 3rd to move back 2 spots so philly can snag devonta right before the giants inevitably take him. without smith and no other receiver worthy of the 11th pick, giants trade back and the rest is history

I think many of us knew it would be crazy time after SF made their choice.  Pitts went to Atlanta as expected and then the deck kept getting reshuffled.  If Rodgers can convince GB he will retire rather than play another season there Denver has a very good shot at getting him.