DT: Tomlinson, Pierce, Richardson, Watts, Lynch
LB: Kendricks, Barr, Vigil, Surratt, Connolly
CB: Peterson, Breeland, Alexander, Dantzler, Hand, Boyd
S: Smith, Woods, Dorn, Bynum

SPECIAL TEAMS

K: Joseph
P: Colquitt
LS: DePaola

Would not be shocked if this is the 53. I may switch out Connolly for Dye. I don't think they want to give up on him yet.

27 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Any chance we see Patrick Peterson return punts this year? I don’t think he’s got that “All Pro” vibe any longer, so maybe putting him back there on occasion might be more in the realm of possibility. 

He may not be the All Pro player, but he’s still the team’s top corner. I’d be shocked if Zimmer ever put him back there. 

21 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Pre pre-season prediction

OFFENSE

QB: Cousins, Browning, Mond
RB: Cook, Mattison, Nwangwu
FB: Ham
WR: Thielen, Jefferson, Osborn, Westbrook, Smith-Marsette, Chisena
TE: Smith, Conklin, Davidson
OT: Hill, O’Neill, Darrisaw
OG: Cleveland, Udoh, Dozier, Davis
OC: Bradbury, Cole

DEFENSE

DE: Hunter, Weatherly, Wonnum, Jones II, Robinson

SPECIAL TEAMS

I would not mind this, most likely will happen.

Ameer Abdullah I would hate to lose and really depends on if Nwangwu can make a splash on special teams or not and show some juice, if so he could make it but if not Ameer is one hell of a leader in that locker room and huge character guy, would hate to lose that.

I would possibly take Beebe over Osborn unless Osborn shows the ability to make plays offensively, not sure he will ever be the guy in special teams but they want him to be but Beebe clearly can make plays offensive and be a threat out there.  Also no Dillon at TE could be a problem because he is better at blocking than arguably all of those guys but depends on how much Davidson impresses or not in the passing game and athletically.

The OL I agree with but will be very hard for them not to keep four tackles but if they view Udoh as a potential tackle as well if need be then maybe that could work.  With Darrisaw's injuries who knows what he will be able to do this year.

On the DL would hate to lose Twyman, Scott and maybe even Willekes but will see how they actually look on the field.  If Twyman flashes I would have no problem getting rid of Watts instead to keep him.  Hercules I would not hate to have around but again no way they can get rid of Jones or Robinson.

The DBs seem pretty set since Gladney was cut, no real questions and would be shocked if all those guys did not make it, seems pretty firm there.  

10 hours ago, Snake Plissken said:

So if Darrisaw is not ready to go week 1, who is the backup LT?

If Darrisaw isn’t healthy by week one, I’d assume that the team would put him on IR, and keep Brandel on the roster until Darrisaw is healthy. 

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Ameer Abdullah I would hate to lose and really depends on if Nwangwu can make a splash on special teams or not and show some juice, if so he could make it but if not Ameer is one hell of a leader in that locker room and huge character guy, would hate to lose that.

Nwangwu has had a very good camp from reports, and has grabbed the attention of his coaches and teammates.

Abdullah was kept last year primarily because of what he does on special teams, but last year he wasn’t anywhere near the special teams player that he was in 2019. He only recorded 1 tackle on coverage units in over 120 opportunities. And as a returner, he averaged the 2nd lowest return of his career. Add the fact that the Vikings have been adding a significant number of players with return capability, and it just doesn’t feel like Abdullah will survive cuts this time around. 

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

I would possibly take Beebe over Osborn unless Osborn shows the ability to make plays offensively, not sure he will ever be the guy in special teams but they want him to be but Beebe clearly can make plays offensive and be a threat out there.

Osborn is already well ahead of Beebe, and has been all of camp. Right now, Osborn is the favorite to be the team’s WR3, we’ll see if that changes when Westbrook comes back, but his spot on the roster isn’t even in question. 

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Also no Dillon at TE could be a problem because he is better at blocking than arguably all of those guys but depends on how much Davidson impresses or not in the passing game and athletically.

Leaving Dillon off the roster was my final decision, it came down to Dillon or Chisena. And from reports, Chisena has had a solid camp, while Dillon has been non existent. Truthfully, this spot will come down to who plays well on special teams. Chisena was kept last year for his ST abilities, so I have him being kept for the same reason this year. 

6 hours ago, Ozzy said:

On the DL would hate to lose Twyman, Scott and maybe even Willekes but will see how they actually look on the field.  If Twyman flashes I would have no problem getting rid of Watts instead to keep him.  Hercules I would not hate to have around but again no way they can get rid of Jones or Robinson.

Twyman is on the NFI, he’s not a part of the roster currently, and likely won’t be taken off. It’s a great way for the team stash, and redshirt him. 

Scott and Willekes are nothing more than camp fodder, right now. Maybe they flash a bit during preseason, but their best bet, outside of an injury occurring, is making the practice squad. 

This is year 4 for Hercules, if he’s not a starter or significant role player, which he’s not, it’s time to move on. To put it bluntly, he’s had his opportunities, and he’s just not an NFL caliber player. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Nwangwu has had a very good camp from reports, and has grabbed the attention of his coaches and teammates.

Abdullah was kept last year primarily because of what he does on special teams, but last year he wasn’t anywhere near the special teams player that he was in 2019. He only recorded 1 tackle on coverage units in over 120 opportunities. And as a returner, he averaged the 2nd lowest return of his career. Add the fact that the Vikings have been adding a significant number of players with return capability, and it just doesn’t feel like Abdullah will survive cuts this time around. 

Osborn is already well ahead of Beebe, and has been all of camp. Right now, Osborn is the favorite to be the team’s WR3, we’ll see if that changes when Westbrook comes back, but his spot on the roster isn’t even in question. 

Leaving Dillon off the roster was my final decision, it came down to Dillon or Chisena. And from reports, Chisena has had a solid camp, while Dillon has been non existent. Truthfully, this spot will come down to who plays well on special teams. Chisena was kept last year for his ST abilities, so I have him being kept for the same reason this year. 

Twyman is on the NFI, he’s not a part of the roster currently, and likely won’t be taken off. It’s a great way for the team stash, and redshirt him. 

Scott and Willekes are nothing more than camp fodder, right now. Maybe they flash a bit during preseason, but their best bet, outside of an injury occurring, is making the practice squad. 

This is year 4 for Hercules, if he’s not a starter or significant role player, which he’s not, it’s time to move on. To put it bluntly, he’s had his opportunities, and he’s just not an NFL caliber player. 

I have not watched camp or been to camp, will see who shows up on the field.  Would be great if Osborn improved a lot but I would not be surprised to see Westbrook or Smith-Marsette as the 3rd WR, overall long term I would be surprised if Osborn is better than Smith-Marsette who seems to have some major juice as a WR.  Would be great if Osborn is as good as you say he is, but kind of have to see something this preseason out of him.  

Ameer again I feel in terms of his vocal leadership and character would be a loss, but yes his special teams ability is not great and as a runner he has not been great but I do feel as a pass catcher he has some flash and ability there out of the backfield and is not used as much as he could be.  Nwangwu if he shows out on special teams as a return guy yeah that could mean it is it for Ameer.

Great if the Vikings can stash Twyman and develop him and not use a practice squad spot or a roster spot but can be practice with the team if he is on the injury list?  Scott I would love on the practice squad, same with Willekes who never really got a chance last year because of his injuries.

Overall though honestly there is not a lot of real hard cuts to make this year unless guys like Hercules, Holmes or some other DL show out in the preseason.  And to write off Hercules career is kind of BS, his only real playing time consistently of his career was last year and got 2.5 sacks, 3 TFLs and 6 QB hits along with 24 total tackles in only 293 total snaps.  Sure most likely will not make the roster considering the DL depth but I doubt his NFL career is straight out done.  

• Like 1

This game could be a bit deceptive if Denver keeps so many starters in when the Vikings have very few starters even playing, especially on offense.  Good hold by the defense to keep the out of the end zone even though Williams basically ran them all the way down the field with some big easy runs, but again Denver has most of their starting OL and TEs out there along with a few starting WRs.  

On 8/13/2021 at 9:34 AM, SemperFeist said:

Pre pre-season prediction

OFFENSE

QB: Cousins, Browning, Mond
RB: Cook, Mattison, Nwangwu
FB: Ham
WR: Thielen, Jefferson, Osborn, Westbrook, Smith-Marsette, Chisena
TE: Smith, Conklin, Davidson
OT: Hill, O’Neill, Darrisaw
OG: Cleveland, Udoh, Dozier, Davis
OC: Bradbury, Cole

DEFENSE

DE: Hunter, Weatherly, Wonnum, Jones II, Robinson

SPECIAL TEAMS

After the 1st preseason game, I’d make 4 changes. 

Browning out. Abdullah in.
Chisena out. Beebe in. 
Dozier out. Brandel in.
Colquitt out. Punter to be named later in.