Predict the Final 53: The Way Too Early Edition of 2021

swede700

With the new signings of Griffen things are pretty set and would be surprised if it does not go this way.

QB: Cousins, Mond
RB: Cook, Mattison, Abdullah
FB: Ham
WR: Thielen, Jefferson, Smith-Marsette, Beebe, Westbrook, Osborn
TE: Smith, Conklin, Dillon
OT: Hill, O’Neill, Darrisaw
OG: Cleveland, Udoh, Davis, Dozier
OC: Bradbury, Cole

DEFENSE

DE: Hunter, Weatherly, Griffen, Wonnum, Jones II
DT: Tomlinson, Pierce, Richardson, Watts, Lynch
LB: Kendricks, Barr, Vigil, Surratt, Dye, Connolly
CB: Peterson, Breeland, Alexander, Dantzler, Hand, Boyd
S: Smith, Woods, Dorn, Bynum

SPECIAL TEAMS

K: Joseph
P: Colquitt
LS: DePaola

Browning I assume gets cut based on how he has looked this year and maybe they put him on the PS or Stanley on the PS.  Nwangwu is on the PS I assume and same with Davidson, not sure Davidson has shown enough to make the active roster and Dillon is the better blocker.   And with Robinson on the IR and Griffen obviously signed, also I think Dye makes the active roster and they only keep two QBs.  Curious if Lynch could make it to the PS also and same with Brandel, would be shocked if he would be some guy that would be signed if cut but who knows.  

21 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

but having a deep DL isn’t a bad problem to have if they think there is space for Weatherly and Griffen. 

With Robinson heading to IR, I’d have to think it’s dang near guaranteed. I certainly can’t see them dumping Weatherly for Mata’afa or Holmes. 

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I think we reached the roster limit.

Any chance we IR stash Nwangwu?

I do not think we will want to give him a year off I think he has to be on the initial 53 man roster and at that point it seems like just keep him as a gameday inactive if he needs more time just as I assume we do with Darrisaw.

• Like 1

FINAL PREDICTION

QB: Cousins, Mond
RB: Cook, Mattison, Abdullah, Nwangwu
FB: Ham
WR: Thielen, Jefferson, Westbrook, Osborn, Smith-Marsette, Bebe
TE: Smith Jr, Conklin, Davidson
OT: O’Neill, Hill, Darrisaw, Brandel
OG: Cleveland, Udoh, Davis
OC: Bradbury, Cole

DE: Hunter, Wonnum, Griffen, Weatherly, Jones II
DT: Pierce, Tomlinson, Richardson, Watts
LB: Kendricks, Barr, Vigil, Connelly, Surratt, Dye
CB: Peterson, Breeland, Alexander, Dantzler, Boyd, Hand
S: Smith, Woods, Metellus, Bynum

K: Joseph
P: Colquitt
LS: DePaola

Dye over Lynch, and Bebe over Dillon were the only two spots I went back and forth on. 

And I think players like Brandel, Hand, Metellus, and Colquitt could be in trouble with potential waiver claims. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 2

I feel we will see at least one surprise cut. I think it will be one of the offensive and one of the defensive linemen. Weatherly and Cole, perhaps. 

I don't think they keep 5 RBs (counting Ham). I think Abdullah or Nwangnu are gone. Likely Abdullah because we spent a 4th on Nwangnu and our RB coach apparently loves him. Fourth rounders don't generally make it to the practice squad. 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2021 at 1:36 PM, swede700 said:

QB (3): Kirk Cousins, Trevor SiemianKellen Mond 

RB (5): Dalvin Cook, Alexander Mattison, Kene Nwangwu, Ameer Abdullah, CJ Ham (FB)

WR (5):Justin Jefferson, Adam Thielen, Dede Westbrook, KJ Osborn,  Ihmir Smith-Marsette

TE (4) Irv Smith, Jr, Tyler Conklin, Zach Davidson, Brandon Dillon

OL (9)Christian DarrisawEzra Cleveland, Garrett Bradbury, Wyatt Davis, Brian O'Neill, Rashod Hill, Mason Cole, Oli Udoh, Blake Brandel

DL (9): Danielle Hunter, Dalvin Tomlinson, Michael Pierce, Everson Griffen, Sheldon Richardson, Patrick Jones II, DJ Wonnum, Armon Watts, James Lynch  

LB (5): Anthony Barr, Eric Kendricks, Nick Vigil, Troy Dye, Chazz Surratt

DB (10): Patrick Peterson, Bashaud Breeland, Mackensie AlexanderHarrison Smith, Xavier Woods, Cameron Dantzler, Kris Boyd, Harrison Hand, Myles DornCamryn Bynum

K: Greg Joseph

P: Britton Colquitt

LS: Andrew DePaola

My final preseason prediction with changes underlined above.  Most notable changes were the final dismissal of Dakota Dozier and my prediction that they will bring back Trevor Siemian to be the backup to Cousins, since they've worked together before.  

Edited by swede700