Brady vs Jordan for 2nd greatest North American Athlete of all-time

NeptunePenguins

5 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Larry Bird in 1986:

“I would never have called him the greatest player I’d ever seen if I didn’t mean it,” Bird told The Boston Globe. “It’s just God disguised as Michael Jordan.”

Jordan has no case over Bird in 1986 lol. 

Bird that proceeded to sweep MJ’s team. 

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Jordan has no case over Bird in 1986 lol. 

Bird that proceeded to sweep MJ’s team. 

Yes, the 86 Celtics had 5 HOFers, they were one of the greatest teams in NBA history. Jordan's Bulls were a 1-man show. Teammates matter. 

7 hours ago, lancerman said:

Reading all your other posts tells me you don’t know much of anything about basketball. 

Coaching is negligible? There’s been 72 NBA finals. 2 coaches (Auerbach and Jackson) account for 21 of them. So two coaches own nearly 30% of all finals and one of them happened to be Jordan’s coach who won 5 without him. Add Riley and Pop and you are up 31 for 43% of all NBA titles belong to 4 coaches. That’s also ignoring that Auerbach and Riley were heavy influences as top executives leading other championship teams while they stepped away from coaching (Auerbach won 7 as the team President and Riley 3 as President of the Heat) so you are back to the same 4 guys being involved in over the half the championships in league history. But it’s negligible...

Why do you think those NBA coaches won so much?

Hint: they had an unbelievably talent group of players to work with. 

7 hours ago, childofpudding said:

OK, so an opposing player said that Jordan was the greatest. Let's continue the logic that you used in this post: https://www.nfl.com/news/even-aaron-rodgers-admits-tom-brady-is-the-goat-0ap3000000787722

Aaron Rodgers: "So from a fan's perspective, what a great game to watch and to see Tom in his greatness on display one more time. I mean, he didn't need to win that to prove that he's the G.O.A.T., but just another part of his legacy there."

Oh, just Rodgers isn't enough for you? OK, here you go:

Good job proving that Brady is the GOAT.

Your reading comprehension needs work. I was responding to a post that stated that Jordan was not considered the best player in 1986.

I provided evidence contrary to that assertion.

YOU are the one making a convoluted argument using poor logic.  

Just present evidence that Brady was an utterly dominant player who was vastly superior than his peers for several consecutive years, and I'll consider his case as GOAT. Now you are just attempting to play gotcha using kindergarten logic. 

10 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Why do you think those NBA coaches won so much?

Hint: they had an unbelievably talent group of players to work with. 

And what did the 70’s Steelers, 80’s Niner’s, 90’s Cowboys, and 00’s/10’s Patriots have? Hint: talented group of players. 

7 hours ago, lancerman said:

Brady had Moss for 2 years and change. Never won title with him. Brady only won 3 titles with Gronk and he (14, 18, and 20). 14 was the only one he was in his prime for. He was washed in 18 and retired, then in 20 he came back and was healthier but still nowhere near his peak. So like one out of 7 titles he had a prime healthy Gronk? And then Jordan had Pippen for all his titles and Pippen led the Bulls to a winning record without him. 

The funny thing about claiming Brady is the GOAT is that Brady is probably the 4th best Patriot during his stay there:

Randy Moss was a better WR than Brady was a QB
Gronkowski was a better TE than Brady was QB
And Darrell Revis was a CB (in his prime) than Brady was a QB

• Like 1

So its between a figure skater, a statue that throws a ball, and a guy that bounces a ball?

Thank goodness all us from south of America are flooding north. If for no other reason than to have numbers to push Hugo Sanchez as the top NA Athlete.

34 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Yes, the 86 Celtics had 5 HOFers, they were one of the greatest teams in NBA history. Jordan's Bulls were a 1-man show. Teammates matter. 

Ok so now it’s not about winning. Jordan’s bulls in the 90’s had better coaching and better teams than the stars he was beating. 

Jordan has zero case as ranking higher than Bird in 1986.

Edited by CP3MVP

22 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Your reading comprehension needs work. I was responding to a post that stated that Jordan was not considered the best player in 1986.

Just present evidence that Brady was an utterly dominant player who was vastly superior than his peers for several consecutive years, and I'll consider his case as GOAT. Now you are just attempting to play gotcha using kindergarten logic. 

Your “evidence” was one quote by one player (who happened to win MVP/Finals MVP) that’s Season

Jordan was not the “undisputed best player” from 1986-1993 

32 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

The funny thing about claiming Brady is the GOAT is that Brady is probably the 4th best Patriot during his stay there:

Randy Moss was a better WR than Brady was a QB
Gronkowski was a better TE than Brady was QB
And Darrell Revis was a CB (in his prime) than Brady was a QB

I mean this is all wrong but whatever.

37 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Your "evidence" that Jordan was the best player in 1986 was a quote from another player. Therefore, my evidence that Brady is the GOAT QB is a quote from several other players. 

I am only using the logic that you used, so if you think that's kindergarten logic, well...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

Your “evidence” was one quote by one player (who happened to win MVP/Finals MVP) that’s Season

Jordan was not the “undisputed best player” from 1986-1993 

How was he not the undisputed best player beginning in 1991?