Brady vs Jordan for 2nd greatest North American Athlete of all-time

NeptunePenguins

6 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

I have Gretzky as my 8th best NHL

Jordan as my 11th best NBA

Brady as my 7th best NFL

So.. brady? Please respect my opinions and don't question them.

These rankings are about as good as your sources that told you Justin Fields was going 1st overall in the draft.  😉

That was you, right?  🤔

I'm going to be honest, I can't even name 7 other NHL players. 

Bobby Orr

Super Mario

Johnathan Quick

Sidney Crosby 

Jagr 

This is it yeah, and with the lack of what I know about hockey I can't speak of anything that these guys have done (I saw Quick play a few times on TV and that's about it)

Jordan at 11 just makes no sense tbh, and I am even one that is more critical of Jordan than most (although if I had to pick a number one it would be him at the moment I guess)

Brady is 100% team sports GOAT in my mind. Basketball is dominated by superstar players, all of the top top guys have multiple rings, and went to multiple finals, were parts of super teams, dynasties, etc. Once one dynasty ends, it seems like there is another one waiting to step in.

Brady has done this in a league designed for parity, in league where we have literally never seen anyone do anything close to what he has done. On top of playing QB, he left one team after 20 years, went and won a super bowl with another franchise in his mid 40’s lmfao. It’s absurd. The man eats avocado ice cream and goes to bed at like 8pm. He’s a different breed.

• Like 2

To add onto my previous post, I’m 27 years old and a Bills fan. I saw the Bills beat Tom 2 times in an 17 year span. I hated him my entire childhood because he dominated my favorite team, and kept a piece of me from ever being happy. Now i just respect tf out of him. Big fan

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

I don't think we'll see the level of dominance Gretzky displayed every again in team sports.

99 was playing on a completely different level than anyone else in the game over a 6-7 year span.

It was a a treat to follow as a kid.

He was ridiculous. You watch the current greats like McDavid and Crosby and think "how did they do that?!" maybe once a week or every two weeks. Gretzky - every game. Every game he did something where you didn't think it was possible unless you had just seen it. 

14 hours ago, 7DnBrnc53 said:

What's garbage is to say a player is great just because he played on a team that won seven world titles (a team accomplishment). When you do that, you are basically saying that Trent Dilfer is better than Marino because he has a ring, and Marino doesn't.

Where did I ever say that?

On 5/3/2021 at 11:05 PM, NeptunePenguins said:

I mean........

He was striped of all his awards. 

Now that I mentioned his awards being striped, did they just walked in his house with security and take all his of his awards when that happened? Got to be the most embarrassing way for him if so...

The NFL should have done the same thing with Bill Belichick after he was caught cheating.

How’s his case any different than Lance Armstrong’s?

Oh yeah, that’s right.  Nobody in their right mind watches bicyclists.  

Brady was GoaT of all Sports after the 2016 comeback.

• The 500 yard Super Bowl?
  • The 2018 title?
  • The Tampa win?
  • All the records?

That's just gravy at this point.

He's got 34 playoff wins (34-11). That's more than any other 2 QBs combined.

• FWIW Gretzky was something like 32-11 in playoff series (4-2 in finals) *33-12 if you count the WHA.

Brady's got 7 SBs. That's more than any NFL franchise.

• Montreal has 10 Cups since expansion in 1967 (that's quite a few more than 4)
  • Pittsburgh has 5

Brady has 264 regular and postseason wins combined. Manning is number 2 at 200.

On 5/3/2021 at 8:09 PM, stl4life07 said:

If we are talking about Brady v Jordan then Im clearly going with Jordan. Why? Jordan dominated his sport. He won 6 titles and he took 2 yrs off which opened the door for others to win. Im convinced if Jordan didnt take 2yrs off the Bulls wouldve won 8 straight titles plus they couldve kept on winning had the team not split after the 1998 season. Plus Jordan never lost in the Finals (6-0). Brady lost a few times. He got beat by Eli twice and Foles once. Even when the Pats had an undefeated regular season Brady couldnt finish the job with a championship. Jordan led the Bulls to a (72-10) season which at the time was the best record in NBA history and he led the team a championship that season. The Warriors eventually top that with a (73-9) season but even they couldnt finish the job with a championship that season. So again if I had to choose between Jordan and Brady its easy for me. Im going with Jordan. 

Disagree with both those posts because he was physically and mentally drained each time he retired. He didn’t take care of his body the way athletes do now and it would’ve caught up to him.  I’ve always thought the 1.5 year retirement was one of the best things for his legacy.

8 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Brady was GoaT of all Sports after the 2016 comeback.

• The 500 yard Super Bowl?
  • The 2018 title?
  • The Tampa win?
  • All the records?

That's just gravy at this point.

He's got 34 playoff wins (34-11). That's more than any other 2 QBs combined.

• FWIW Gretzky was something like 32-11 in playoff series (4-2 in finals) *33-12 if you count the WHA.

Brady's got 7 SBs. That's more than any NFL franchise.

• Montreal has 10 Cups since expansion in 1967 (that's quite a few more than 4)
  • Pittsburgh has 5

Brady has 264 regular and postseason wins combined. Manning is number 2 at 200.

I think it was after the Jags win in the AFCCG.  The comeback in 16’ was huge and everyone thought it was the peaking GOAT moment but he came back the next year and won MVP post Falcons SB and suspension.  Even though they lost to Philly he was cemented.

Edited by DirtyDez