Patriots Roster Moves

8 minutes ago, dhunt2402 said:

Man how disappointing in hindsight that they took Sony when Lamar, Nick Chubb, and Darius Leonard went in the next five picks.. 

I mean even without hindsight it was a little disappointing at the time that they didn't take a swing with Lamar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

I mean even without hindsight it was a little disappointing at the time that they didn't take a swing with Lamar.

Yeah that was the time to do it too. Jimmy was out the door, they had already picked up Wynn a few picks earlier and had multiple Day 2 picks. But man, at least pick the RB who was the lead guy at Georgia.

11 minutes ago, dhunt2402 said:

Yeah that was the time to do it too. Jimmy was out the door, they had already picked up Wynn a few picks earlier and had multiple Day 2 picks. But man, at least pick the RB who was the lead guy at Georgia.

Yeah... I was more a Sony fan. Chubb had that one year recovery from ACL tear that rubbed me the wrong way and affected how I viewed his play with it. I have not been as wrong as I was on those two before. The actual knee issues ended up being with Michel. Didn't know until days before the draft he had a long term type of situation too but it was still unclear how bad.

8 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Wynn can move to guard if ever necessary and probably stay healthy easier there...

Wynn is a Pro Bowl level LT. If he ever stays healthy he'll be seen as a top 5 OT imo. Very good when healthy and I'm okay with that risk given how tough it is to find OTs. That said, I think he has caught a lot of bad breaks in his career and freak injuries. If he stays healthy this year, he will get a big extension. If not we will let him go after 2022. I think he finally has some luck.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Third Rider said:

Could this be a thing?

Man,

I just went back and watched his career highlights the other day. Made me appreciate everything he's ever done for the team up to this point, including some critical plays that won us multiple SBs.  Would really really suck if he hangs it up. Could explain why Bill has been loading up the front 7...

Signing Hoyer is interesting.. especially with a rookie.. almost like adding another QB coach given the fact that he's been on and off the team for a decade. 

Could mean a few interesting things though (I highly doubt they keep 4 QB given the depth on this team):

• Team knows Cam is too different a QB from Mac.. plan to cut/trade him by the end of camp
  • Done with Stidham.. cut / trade him and roll with the 3 QBs
  • Hoyer a camp body 
  • Put Hoyer on "IR" and have him around basically as an extra coach all season attached to Mac's hip
  • Hoyer pulls a Ninkovich and retires during training camp then is immediately hired as a QB coach assistant lol
  • Like 1