Patriots Roster Moves

15 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

If he's sticking to his winning mantra, the Jets are an easy pass though. And Julio has never been someone to stir the pot with his words..

I think the Patriots will make the move for Julio. I think we can get away with it without giving up a first.

hearing rumors the offer is Sony and a 2023 1st rounder.. I would be extremely surprised if that was the case. Sony and a 3rd all day.. but a 1st rounder is too much for a 32 year old WR imo. 

Especially given that Diggs was a 1st, 5th, 6th and was 26 at the time. Julio at 26, you certainly make a huge trade .. but at 32...likely with 2 elite 2 good years left.. I don't think he's worth a 1st. 

3 hours ago, Crimmage said:

hearing rumors the offer is Sony and a 2023 1st rounder.. I would be extremely surprised if that was the case. Sony and a 3rd all day.. but a 1st rounder is too much for a 32 year old WR imo. 

Especially given that Diggs was a 1st, 5th, 6th and was 26 at the time. Julio at 26, you certainly make a huge trade .. but at 32...likely with 2 elite 2 good years left.. I don't think he's worth a 1st. 

I don't think he has 2 elite years left, unless he was playing through injuries last year he definitely lost a step. I'm not sure this team's timeline matches up with Julio given where he is in his career.

• Like 1

I would not give up a 1st round pick for Julio at this point. That is not as much about Julio but more about where the Patriots are. If I thought Julio was the piece that put the Patriots in the super bowl then sure, but with the QB situation where it currently is I don't think the Patriots are a Julio away.

8 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Harry, Sony and a 2nd I'd do. Just to secure him.

I think he has more than just 2 good years left though.

Hoping the Falcons have enough interest in each of Michel, Harry, Stidham or a combination of them to get it to happen.

I think they'll really be trying to pull JC based on the need, cost and scheme fit for what the Falcons are projected to do on defense. 

I've been thinking over the last few days if Mike Williams may be a target for New England should the Julio thing fall through. I have a feeling the Chargers may be willing to part ways at a fair offer.

He'd present that big outside target Cam has a propensity for, given that the one already on the team plays like he's 5'9, 180 lbs...