GDT: Week 7

TheVillain112

Just now, mcmurtry86 said:

Tanking for an early 1st round pick which they will waste

On the subject of the Browns, I don't think Thomas has been right all year. Doesn't look at all like his old self when I've watched them.

But the shuffling a young QB like this is just moronic. I've been banging the drum, but that is not an organization all on the page. Draftniks around here love what they've done. History won't be kind to those involved.

5 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Well, I did cede that his overall 50+ yard percentage is lower than some because he's been asked to try a lot of kicks other guys don't even attempt. That said, he only has 2 successful career "long" FG's (55+ yards). Which puts him behind Janikowski (3),  Elam (3) and tied with a bunch of others (Prater, Carpenter, K.Brown, Christie).

I'm not trying to knock him or take anything away from him. He clearly has a good leg and is a solid overall kicker but there's nothing special to me about trying lots of long FG's that other guys don't.

'"

That's 100% incorrect.

EDIT: He has at least 5, maybe 6.

2 minutes ago, Crickett said:

So, where do you guys think Hue Jackson and Gregg Williams end up after they get fired?  They're both quality coordinators if you ignore the fact that Williams could be confused with the bad guy from the Karate Kid. 

Depending on how committed the Bengals are to Lazor, I could see Jackson going back there to be an OC.  

I don't think he gets fired though.  Well, he shouldn't anyway.

1 minute ago, Crickett said:

So, where do you guys think Hue Jackson and Gregg Williams end up after they get fired?  They're both quality coordinators if you ignore the fact that Williams could be confused with the bad guy from the Karate Kid. 

I'd give them one more year. They've got very little talent in Cleveland. It's not like one more year will make a difference. 

Archived