GDT: Week 7

TheVillain112

Ravens are doomed IMO until they can find a way to dump Flacco's contract.     I know he definitely isnt the only issue on that team, but I cant remember the last time he looked like an NFL caliber STARTING QB.    I know a bunch of people will say he never was, but thats not true.     He never deserved close to the contract he got for the caliber of player he was (contract seemed primairly based on his excellent Superbowl run)...but he used to at least look good at times.   Now he looks like a backup. 

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Whenever they get a good team (rare), they're matched up with trash

Don't want to take a home game away from a top team (or top ticket selling team) so you get 2 marginal teams or a good team as the road team against a trash team.

Should just stop playing international games.

1 minute ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Ravens are doomed IMO until they can find a way to dump Flacco's contract.     I know he definitely isnt the only issue on that team, but I cant remember the last time he looked like an NFL caliber STARTING QB.    I know a bunch of people will say he never was, but thats not true.     He never deserved close to the contract he got for the caliber of player he was (contract seemed primairly based on his excellent Superbowl run)...but he used to at least look good at times.   Now he looks like a backup. 

I see late career Matt Schaub when I watch him now. Sad cuz he was a good QB for awhile

Just now, BayRaider said:

Bears are gonna be a solid team once their QB position is solidfied. 

Yeah....they definitely have promise.   Not big on Tribusky, but time will tell if he is the answer.  

1 minute ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Don't want to take a home game away from a top team (or top ticket selling team) so you get 2 marginal teams or a good team as the road team against a trash team.

Should just stop playing international games.

Yes. That field is not suitable, apparently, for NFL games either. Slipping all over the place. Rugby boots have massive studs, not ergonomic cleats.

1 minute ago, riceman80 said:

I see late career Matt Schaub when I watch him now. Sad cuz he was a good QB for awhile

Yup. I see a few things going on in this game: the Vikings defense is really good, Flacco is really bad, and the playcalling is even worse. The Ravens playcalling is unvelievably predictable. How many screens can you throw in one game?

Archived