GDT: Week 7

TheVillain112

4 minutes ago, Marc MacGyver said:

LOL... That was fun - Bucs @ Bills ending...

Seriously, though - NFL teams need to consider employing a rugby coach to put in an effective lateral strategy for moments like this. Draw your man in, & offload in the tackle.  

I don't know why regular plays don't run offload concepts. Guaranteed TDs. 

Just now, jrry32 said:

Yep. I think Succop did that on purpose too. When kickers are practicing, they aim for the upright to gauge the conditions.

Not sure if you're being facetious but Kickers really do take the chance to see how much they can pull a kick, etc in those types of situations to not have to overcompensate, etc.

Just now, BlaqOptic said:

Not sure if you're being facetious but Kickers really do take the chance to see how much they can pull a kick, etc in those types of situations to not have to overcompensate, etc.

No, I'm stating fact.

Just now, Hunter2_1 said:

I don't know why regular plays don't run offload concepts. Guaranteed TDs. 

Agreed... There's a great video of Randy Moss doing one, & setting his teammate up for the TD. It's a thing of beauty.

He drew in about 3 defenders, & popped an offload (Lateral) over the top to the free man. Wish we saw more of it. 

57 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

I never understood why Jets fans wanted him gone. That locker-room was a dysfunctional mess last year. I guess you could blame Bowles for that, but he can only do what he can with the players you give him. That 10-6 record his first year showed he wasn't an incompetent HC. If NYJ fired him, he was a guy I wanted the Gators to consider for their college HC job.

Are you starting to understand?

1 minute ago, Marc MacGyver said:

Agreed... There's a great video of Randy Moss doing one, & setting his teammate up for the TD. It's a thing of beauty.

He drew in about 3 defenders, & popped an offload (Lateral) over the top to the free man. Wish we saw more of it. 

And on tosses. Why throw the end-over-end, when a spinning rugby pass would be a) faster to the RB and b) easier to catch.

Archived