Villanueva Signed

21 minutes ago, Letsch80 said:

I just do not see a way that they keep Cleveland and his massive frame out of the lineup. Unless he is extremely deficient in a lot of areas he will be in there mauling people!

We'll have to see how much and how early the rookies are able to get into the building and what training camp / preseason looks like. 

4 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

We'll have to see how much and how early the rookies are able to get into the building and what training camp / preseason looks like. 

Yeah we will see but I feel like the Ravens see him as a plug in play type of guy.

57 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

It seems premature to assume this will be the starting lineup.

We don't know if Cleveland is ready to start. 

We don't know if Bozeman can transition to C. With all the snapping problems Skura and Mekari had last year, I can't just assume Bozeman will be good there. 

I wouldn't be shocked if we ran back:

LT Stanley
LG Bozeman
C Mekari
RT Zeitler
LT Villanueva

I think you're right about Cleveland - the coaching staff probably thinks Cleveland can win that starting but at least for Week 1 I think there's just as likely a possibility that Mekari or Powers has the job coming out of training camp unless Cleveland really hits the ground running . But it does look/sound pretty set in stone that they're going to be moving Bozeman to center. Worth remembering that he was a center in college, so it's not as dramatic a transition as it might look otherwise. But if they weren't confident in him moving to C then I think we would have seen either a signing or draft pick directly addressing the position. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli

1 hour ago, Letsch80 said:

I just do not see a way that they keep Cleveland and his massive frame out of the lineup. Unless he is extremely deficient in a lot of areas he will be in there mauling people!

Tyre Phillips was also a 3rd round pick and I have no problems keeping his massive frame out of the lineup until he improves his game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DreamKid said:

Boze was originally a Center.

True, but it is curious to me that they never considered moving him to C before, despite having opportunity. In 2019 when Skura goes down, they could have. And in the 2020 offseason when Skura was clearly still recovering they didn't move him. And then during the 2020 season when both Skura and Mekari were having snap issues they never moved him. It's odd to me that now that Mekari has established himself as a pretty solid center (minus some snapping issues which I think he can fix), they want to move him.

2 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Tyre Phillips was also a 3rd round pick and I have no problems keeping his massive frame out of the lineup until he improves his game. 

Obviously he needs to earn his spot in camp but he seems like a much more polished player than Phillips was coming out. Cleveland is a mauling guard, the ball is snapped and he pushes the line of scrimmage. From everything I have read he was drafted to plug right in at left guard, Phillips was more of a developmental project. We shall see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

True, but it is curious to me that they never considered moving him to C before, despite having opportunity. In 2019 when Skura goes down, they could have. And in the 2020 offseason when Skura was clearly still recovering they didn't move him. And then during the 2020 season when both Skura and Mekari were having snap issues they never moved him. It's odd to me that now that Mekari has established himself as a pretty solid center (minus some snapping issues which I think he can fix), they want to move him.

Harbaugh has said he doesn't like disrupting multiple positions when he doesn't have to. So when Skura got hurt he didn't want turnover at both Center and  LG, and you can apply the same logic to when there was snapping issues at Center. At that point we already had a ton of moving parts with Stanley going down and Orlando shifting over too, so it's understandable that Harbs wouldn't want every player on the line in a different spot. Continuity and cohesion is king when it comes to the OL.

And as for them now wanting Bozeman to move to Center, I really think it's just them trying to put their best 5 out there in the starting lineup. Personally, I'm excited for this massive competition at LG. Let's see who wants it the most, and a guy like Mekari won't have to worry about snapping issues at Guard.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, AngusMcFife said:

Honestly, looking back it's quite amazing how Tyre Phillips was a 3rd round pick with how...raw...he looked.

5 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Honestly, looking back it's quite amazing how Tyre Phillips was a 3rd round pick with how...raw...he looked.

Well he was considered a reach by a lot of people. No one really attacked the move too much though because it was the Ravens who picked him and the rest of our draft was stellar on paper.

What's crazier to me is that he actually was given a starting position. Harbs always rolls with Vets when he can, almost to a fault, and then out of nowhere decides to let Tyre start for us. Coming out of a COVID tainted offseason no less. We were all excited initially because we thought he must've looked incredibly good to force such a move, but in the end we were all just left scratching our heads. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DreamKid said:

He could do some real damage against teams that totally vacate the flats against us. A dump off pass to Hill will hurt a lot more than one to Ricard. This Preseason will be huge for Justice in terms of proving himself to the coaches.

No. Watching Ricard absolutely bulldoze his way to 5 yards per catch is one of the best things you can see. Never get rid of that.

5 minutes ago, coordinator0 said:

No. Watching Ricard absolutely bulldoze his way to 5 yards per catch is one of the best things you can see. Never get rid of that.

There is a certain beauty to them 😂...., I can admit that. You're talking to the man that official dubbed Patrick Ricard TDs as "Thiccy Sixeys". Clearly I'm a fan of his offensive production. Could be nice to give this fella a couple touches though-

Kent Lee Platte on Twitter: "With pick 113 in the 2019 NFL Draft, the  #Ravens select Justice Hill, RB, Oklahoma State. Justice Hill posted a  Elite #RAS with Poor size, Great speed,

Best Justice Hill GIFs | Gfycat

6 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Tyre Phillips also didn't have John Harbaugh apparently raving about him for months prior to the draft either, and yet he still somehow won a starting job.

I don't think its unreasonable to assume that Cleveland is the presumptive starter at LG