2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

With Cashman in rehab, that's a spot for another rookie to potentially start in. The idea of Wilson, AVT, Moore, Carter, and Sherwood/Nas starting at the end of the season doesn't sound too crazy. Naggar, Hoge, Echols, and Mc2 will likely get a shot as well because of competition/lack of depth. 

26 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think you’re underestimating how good Davis is when healthy. He’s a #1 when healthy and good QB play. Hopefully both happen. And I should note that I love Moore and Mims. And I think they both have that potential as well. Just Davis is more proven.

*I wouldn't be surprised, due to health issues, Moore puts up the biggest numbers.

17 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Well sometimes it’s just a good player in the wrong situation. Look at Kerry Hyder when we got him as an UDFA. We had crazy IDL depth then. So had to let him walk. And he’s had a great career since. Wasn’t that we didn’t like him. It was that we couldn’t give him a roster spot at that time.

If Mims is good he’ll show it, which was the only point. Crowder, Berrios, Cole, etc…won’t get in the way of that. 

3 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

If Mims is good he’ll show it, which was the only point. Crowder, Berrios, Cole, etc…won’t get in the way of that. 

I agree to an extent. But adding Cole is a move like Coleman where the “vet” tag helps that guy out. Are we really a win now team where we should be sacrificing vet presence over young talent and building a relationship with the young QB? If Mims and Cole are even close in grasping the system and skill…. The nod should still go to Mims.

It was always going to be Mims, Davis and Crowder/Moore as our starting 3. Cole is #4. Then the rest. However, Mims had better report in shape and ready to go. He can easily get that “injury prone” label if he does not commit himself.  I can easily see Moore/Cole become #3 if Mims misses time.

Mims has talent, but I question his heart. 

17 minutes ago, Bianconero said:

Actually surprised at this. But it’s great for us. Having a talented vet will only help Wilson.

On another note…. Maye is reporting, but doubt he does much, so he doesn’t risk injury when he’s trying to get a deal done.

I'm shocked that Crowder took the pay cut. What leverage did the Jets have? I'd imagine he could have gotten more money on the market, and the way this offense is currently structured he isn't going to be putting up a lot of stats to boost his offseason value.

Def a win for Joe and the Jets, but I really don't get it.

11 hours ago, drew39k said:

I'm shocked that Crowder took the pay cut. What leverage did the Jets have? I'd imagine he could have gotten more money on the market, and the way this offense is currently structured he isn't going to be putting up a lot of stats to boost his offseason value.

Def a win for Joe and the Jets, but I really don't get it.

Crowder's market value was about $5-6, maybe $7 per year... way under his $10 contract here.  It was either get cut or take the deal.  He will be a UFA in 2022 and if he performs well, JD could possibly get a comp pick if another team pays him about 6 or 7 million.

I also think the lower cap hit makes it easier to facilitate a trade. If injuries hit at WR for another team they can make a move for a $5-$6mil receiver much more easily than a $10mil. Given that would only happen if pretty much all of our other receivers show up and show out during training camp/preseason.

Theres a good article about Elijah Moore on ESPN. Him and Michael Carter show up at 630 am for extra work before anyone else. Moore's route running is fantastic and hes been making a big impression so far. We might have drafted a star, this isn't going to be the same as those past 2nd round WR picks like Hill and Smith.  

I think Michael Carter is going to be really good as well, he is a perfect fit for this running scheme. He'll show hes the best back on the roster. 

• Like 1