2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

Prob will struggle this year with our outside cb’s but looks like found a gem with last years udfa Javelin Guidry

Guidry dropped into coverage on 29 snaps and did not allow a first down. He was targeted five times and gave up three catches for 20 yards, all of them stopped short of the marker.

Of the 20 yards allowed by Guidry, 23 were gained after the catch. He was never beaten down the field, allowing negative-3 yards through the air.

MC 2 was also good in the preseason

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Abe56 said:

Prob will struggle this year with our outside cb’s but looks like found a gem with last years udfa Javelin Guidry

Guidry dropped into coverage on 29 snaps and did not allow a first down. He was targeted five times and gave up three catches for 20 yards, all of them stopped short of the marker.

Of the 20 yards allowed by Guidry, 23 were gained after the catch. He was never beaten down the field, allowing negative-3 yards through the air.

MC 2 was also good in the preseason

One of the reasons the Jets did little at CB is they like some of these young guys.  Guidry is a guy they like. MCII has been drawing rave reviews. 

I think Brandin Echols is going to start on the outside with Hall.  He  is talented, so we shall see how he develops. But Saleh is committed to developing these guys vs patch work, they trying to build a future not a roller coaster team. 

Javelin is the reason we did not resign Poole. He did well last year filling in for Poole in the slot. Adding depth with MC2 is just icing. I was never concerned about our slot CB, it is the outside that is going to make us cringe - a lot.

The Jets have the right approach, it might not make impatient people happy. But they are going for long term success. The foundation is being built. 

The defense might suck this season because we have no legit edge, we have 2 rookies at OLB, we have young inexperienced CBs who were all late round picks. But if the offense is watchable and Wilson is the real deal, then it doesn't matter. Its not about winning this season, they are building something. We have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds, we can potentially get a superstar CB or EDGE with a top 5 pick if we are that high. And start building a dominant team. Players might look differently at us in FA and want to come here, instead of using us as leverage. 

I think we might be a 5 win team this season, but we will be competitive and not boring to watch like we were under Gase. It will be exciting watching these young guys develop.  I just hope we found a few stars in Wilson, AVT, and Moore out of this draft. 

• Like 1

I'm expecting a possible 1-5 or 2-4 start of the season, but finish strong. I'm glad we don't play Miami or Buffalo early in the season. I think our defense will struggle out of the gates but eventually get better as we find our starters at OLB and CB. Joyner moving back to safety maybe great for us and Maye. Just have to see who can step up out of Hall, Echols, Guidry, Mc2, and Dunn. One of them have to work. lol 

The positions we're basically holding tryouts in are spots the first 5 teams are built to target right now. Beating Atlanta and Denver is possible, but Titans and Panthers might kill us. lol Our defense isn't physical enough for the Titans yet but it could be a fun game if our defense show heart and attitude. Panthers have some IOL questions, but they are too deep at WR/RB and this feels like the perfect revenge game for half their roster. 

Right now, we're banking on Wilson, AVT, Moore, Carter, Nas, Sherwood, Echols, and Mc2 to work out early. The odds are very slim they are come in and do well, but if it happens, I will never let anyone on here slander JD. He could sign Vince Young as a back up and I'll come in here ready to defend it. lol 

One thing about Miami, a lot of their 1st round picks ended up being trash.  I was watching video of Austin Jackson, hes a turnstile at LT. The videos I saw of him were embarrassingly bad for a starting LT. We are sitting here worried about Becton but watch videos of Jackson in games. 

10 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

I was watching video of Austin Jackson, hes a turnstile at LT

As is Thomas for the Giants right now. I really thought Thomas was the top OT last year. I also wonder if Kindley at LG covered his *** more than not.

Just goes to show that all the hype and great college play means squat when it comes to playing with the big boys. 

5 hours ago, xrade said:

As is Thomas for the Giants right now. I really thought Thomas was the top OT last year. I also wonder if Kindley at LG covered his *** more than not.

Just goes to show that all the hype and great college play means squat when it comes to playing with the big boys. 

The ones who looked good so far in the NFL are Becton, Wirf, and Wills. THomas and Jackson look like busts

3 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

The ones who looked good so far in the NFL are Becton, Wirf, and Wills. THomas and Jackson look like busts

I understand Sewell had a very rough camp as well. At least with him you can point to not playing for over a year.