2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes but how many times have we seen that vet that isn’t anything great take away valuable snaps and opportunity from young guys. We have that in several spots right now. That’s one of my only gripes about JD. Gore should have never gotten snaps for us last year. That’s was opportunity taken away from Perine and Johnson. Curry is taking away opportunity from Zuniga and Huff this year. Coleman is taking away opportunity from Carter, Johnson and Perine. No matter how you slice it.

And I agree 100% with you. This is the reason that all offseason I wanted a starting caliber YOUNGER player at a position of need.  An older vet is fine if that is just a missing piece to making the playoffs or beyond.  I am still holding out hope for a Lattimore trade.

My whole point about Coleman was the justification of his contract and his potential early season usage. As for Curry, he has always been best as a rotational piece. Yes he will take snaps away from Huff and Zuniga, but I expect an even share between the three. The motivation for this move may be a little different. Saleh just wants to rotate the DL and keep them fresh for 60 minutes. 

I was down on Mosley, but seeing him at practices and how excited he is to be out there. I am optimistic about him returning to be the field general of this defense. Mosley was a stud, super smart and instinctive.  I think with Saleh here he sees this culture changing and its got him fired up again. Our defense could have some pieces. 

Signing Moses would be good.

Sounds like the Jets want to keep Crowder but lower his salary, which means a deeper WR corps.

Becton has plantar fasciitis. I really hope Becton has a strong work ethic, because the only one holding him back is himself. He has the ability to be a regular All pro LT. 

4 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Signing Moses would be good.

Sounds like the Jets want to keep Crowder but lower his salary, which means a deeper WR corps.

Becton has plantar fasciitis. I really hope Becton has a strong work ethic, because the only one holding him back is himself. He has the ability to be a regular All pro LT. 

Ya seems like we’re restructuring Crowder. Still surprised we haven’t gave Maye a deal. But I’m sure it’ll happen at some point soon. Plantar FA Otis at least isn’t a structural injury that he has to recover from. It’ll be more so him staying in shape while resting it. He can lift and do all that stuff. But his cardio will be lacking Bc of this. I hope the training staff has a plan for him.

34 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

The Titans offense is going to be tough. Sheesh

Maybe. Can Tannehill deliver down the field?  There is a lot of skepticism about that. Letting Davis walk but signing Jones and giving up the draft capital they gave up just does not make a lot of sense to me. 

9 minutes ago, xrade said:

Maybe. Can Tannehill deliver down the field?  There is a lot of skepticism about that. Letting Davis walk but signing Jones and giving up the draft capital they gave up just does not make a lot of sense to me. 

Trading a late 2nd is fine for contending teams is fine. Tannehill is actually better than Ryan when it comes to throwing down field. Julio alone makes defenses have to play differently, so now defenses can't load the box because they have to worry about Jones & Brown. Chiefs, Bills, Titans, and Ravens are my top-4 in the AFC right now. Steelers are up there as well. It's going to be tough in the AFC. 

Edited by rickyt31