2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

45 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Trading a late 2nd is fine for contending teams is fine. Tannehill is actually better than Ryan when it comes to throwing down field. Julio alone makes defenses have to play differently, so now defenses can't load the box because they have to worry about Jones & Brown

Trading a 2nd and a 3rd is not a lot for a contender but I don’t really consider Tenn a SB contender especially after losing Smith. But who knows. One of Tannehills criticisms by the talking heads is his lack of ability to throw downfield. I have not watched him much and at least one list had him as 12th best in 2020 so I don’t know. I just never thought of Tannehill as a guy that will put you over the edge. Maybe Jones helps but is he worth that much more than Davis in both cap and trade value?  We are not talking about a 26 year old Jones, he’s 32.

I have Bills, Browns, Chiefs, Indy winning the AFC titles. I think Ben is done so Pitt will look like the second half Pitt last year. Until Lamar becomes a QB and less of a RB, Balt will be mediocre. And that is if he does not suffer a bad injury because he runs too much.  Tenn is a WC team. 

13 minutes ago, xrade said:

Trading a 2nd and a 3rd is not a lot for a contender but I don’t really consider Tenn a SB contender especially after losing Smith. But who knows. One of Tannehills criticisms by the talking heads is his lack of ability to throw downfield. I have not watched him much and at least one list had him as 12th best in 2020 so I don’t know. I just never thought of Tannehill as a guy that will put you over the edge. Maybe Jones helps but is he worth that much more than Davis in both cap and trade value?  We are not talking about a 26 year old Jones, he’s 32.

I have Bills, Browns, Chiefs, Indy winning the AFC titles. I think Ben is done so Pitt will look like the second half Pitt last year. Until Lamar becomes a QB and less of a RB, Balt will be mediocre. And that is if he does not suffer a bad injury because he runs too much.  Tenn is a WC team. 

I do like Indy as well, but Lamar had to be more of a RB because his Wrs were trash. There wasn't a WR on that team that would start for us. Now they have better WRs, so I expect a much improved passing game. Also, Dobbins will likely be better. 

As for letting Davis walk, I understand it. Davis really didn't do much before last season. His play could have been impacted by the QB situation but the Titans had to choose if he was worth the money we offered. Julio will still get you 1k yards, he didn't last year only because he played 9 games. Julio played 5 games less than Davis and only had around 200yds less. Davis cap hit next year is more than Julio's without ever crossing 1,000 yards in a season. 

I definitely understand wondering if Tannehill had a fluke season, but the reality is, it's going to be hard for defenses to stop them even if he's average. Their concern is their defense. They made some moves with Farley & Dupree, but I'm not sure how much better they are as a unit. 

Its awesome to see so many Jets showing up to practice and seeming hungry. It just feels different than its been for over a decade. I think Saleh is a culture shifting hire, lets hope he can get this team back into playing playoff games that we haven't seen in over a decade. We have the longest playoff drought in the NFL by double of that of the next team. 

I really hope we sign Morgan Moses. If Becton is good to go he’s still much better than Fant (I have nothing against Fant Moses is just better) and it gives us more insurance in case Becton has injury issues which until he stops being a fat slob, is going to be a problem. Fant should absolutely still be on this team and I don’t care about the cap hit. This is about keeping your rookie QB as protected as you possibly can. Fant will find snaps it’s just inevitable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

I really hope we sign Morgan Moses. If Becton is good to go he’s still much better than Fant (I have nothing against Fant Moses is just better) and it gives us more insurance in case Becton has injury issues which until he stops being a fat slob, is going to be a problem. Fant should absolutely still be on this team and I don’t care about the cap hit. This is about keeping your rookie QB as protected as you possibly can. Fant will find snaps it’s just inevitable. 

Its not fair to call him a fat slob when he had only a 17% body fat. Hes a massive human, but he needs to keep his weight around 360 or less. 

The OT depth needs help anyway. Sign Moses and let him start at RT. Fant as the depth piece. Maybe even try him at RG?

I'm way more concerned about not bringing in a starting level CB yet. We should be looking into this area more so than RT.

Bring in Moses and Nelson. 

5 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

Its not fair to call him a fat slob when he had only a 17% body fat. Hes a massive human, but he needs to keep his weight around 360 or less. 

I think the 17% was just the top of his left foot. Not sure about the rest of him. Did he have issues in college?

On 6/7/2021 at 1:50 PM, NYJets4716 said:

Its awesome to see so many Jets showing up to practice and seeming hungry. It just feels different than its been for over a decade. I think Saleh is a culture shifting hire, lets hope he can get this team back into playing playoff games that we haven't seen in over a decade. We have the longest playoff drought in the NFL by double of that of the next team. 

I think dont think we ever had an issue with guys showing up to practice in the spring or even training camp outside of Revis. Our issue is showing up on Sundays when it matters. 

Interested in the Crowder situation. We for the 1st time in forever have WR depth. Where in all honesty if any 1 of our starters got injured, we'd still be in good shape. At any of the 3 WR spots.

Crowder has been one of the few steady players for us over the last couple years. So I don't want to just get rid of him. But he seems to want a new deal. And I don't blame him for that. This next contract is probably his last big pay day. So I totally get him not wanting to risk injury in this final year of his deal (that isn't guaranteed). But he has earned a new contract with us if we're being real. The issue is we drafted Moore. Who is super talented and is built for the slot. So do we really need Crowder is the question?

For me I say JD needs to play hardball on this one. But in a nice way. This is where people skills come in. Tell Crowder how great he's been for us and how having him around for these young WRs and QB is HUGE for this team. He will get plenty of action for us, and certainly can earn a new contract here. But they cant really make that commitment quite yet bc of the depth at WR.

The other option is explore a trade for him. See what value he holds to other teams. He's a top slot WR in the NFL. So teams will want him. It's just what do we get in return for him? Is it worth it? We don't need the cap really. So it would have to be worth it. We also have plenty of draft picks, so we don't really need that either. Player for player trades are arre in the NFL, so I don't see that really.

My conclusion is he holds out, but ultimately shows up and plays for us this year. 

Mims not being talked about bc Cole and Moore have been wowing in OTAs is worrisome if you ask me. We as fans should be wanting him to for sure start over Cole. But it appears he's getting outdone by Cole so far. IT is only OTAs so I wont hit the panic button yet. But Mims needs to win that spot over Cole. 

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Mims not being talked about bc Cole and Moore have been wowing in OTAs is worrisome if you ask me. We as fans should be wanting him to for sure start over Cole. But it appears he's getting outdone by Cole so far. IT is only OTAs so I wont hit the panic button yet. But Mims needs to win that spot over Cole. 

Has Mims been practicing a lot though? I know he had something that held him out. Its early still so we'll see.  The way Moore is talked about though is that hes a special talent, which is what his college film said as well. Saleh said that Moore's work ethic is off the chain.  

29 minutes ago, NYJets4716 said:

Has Mims been practicing a lot though? I know he had something that held him out. Its early still so we'll see.  The way Moore is talked about though is that hes a special talent, which is what his college film said as well. Saleh said that Moore's work ethic is off the chain.  

He has but he was rehabbing in the beginning. Mims has been with the 2nd team as he works his way back. In terms of 1st team reps he’s gotten some work in 7v7. Caught a few passes, I think he had a drop Tuesday.