2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

9 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm still rooting for Lawrence Cager. 

Man there's just too much depth at WR for him to make the roster IMO.

Davis, Mims, Moore, Crowder, Cole and Berrios are all locks ahead of him. That's 6 WRs right there. If we did decide to carry 7 he's going to have to battle the 2 Smith's for that spot. And I just don't think he wins that. And I like Cager. I just cant see him making the team. Unless there's injuries, which I think we all don't want to happen. 

On 6/10/2021 at 7:28 AM, Bobby816 said:

Mims not being talked about bc Cole and Moore have been wowing in OTAs is worrisome if you ask me. We as fans should be wanting him to for sure start over Cole. But it appears he's getting outdone by Cole so far. IT is only OTAs so I wont hit the panic button yet. But Mims needs to win that spot over Cole. 

Agreed. Right now I just want him to stay healthy and have a full camp and preseason. If he can’t make it through camp and starts missing time again, he’ll get buried on the depth chart as well continue to draft better WRs than him. 

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Agreed. Right now I just want him to stay healthy and have a full camp and preseason. If he can’t make it through camp and starts missing time again, he’ll get buried on the depth chart as well continue to draft better WRs than him. 

I say put him on the PS. He's big so he offers that that no one else offers besides Davis and Mims.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I say put him on the PS. He's big so he offers that that no one else offers besides Davis and Mims.

I’m talking about Mims. He’s got to be available or he’s going to simply be forgotten.

7 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I’m talking about Mims. He’s got to be available or he’s going to simply be forgotten.

He has to stay healthy is his thing. You can’t progress when you’re not on the field. We saw last year he has crazy talent when he’s healthy. And the system for whatever reason just didn’t use him enough. Competition is a good thing Bc it brings out the best in players. But there is a flip side to that injury related. OTAs and all are great but if you have guys battling and playing 100% that early… it’s hard for them to stay healthy at that level through December. That’s 8 months having to give it your all each day and trying to not get injured. So while I love competition… that is a bad part to it.

13 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Sink or swim. Cant really force it, he's got talent and he's young. 

45 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Sink or swim. Cant really force it, he's got talent and he's young. 

Well sometimes it’s just a good player in the wrong situation. Look at Kerry Hyder when we got him as an UDFA. We had crazy IDL depth then. So had to let him walk. And he’s had a great career since. Wasn’t that we didn’t like him. It was that we couldn’t give him a roster spot at that time.

There is a lot of WR depth, so it will be interesting. I don't think Crowder will finish the season with us after Moore start getting reps.  I have Davis, Mims, Moore, Berrios, Cole, and Cager finishing the year. That's if Cager's health isn't a issue. Health always seem to be the issue with him though. 

53 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

There is a lot of WR depth, so it will be interesting. I don't think Crowder will finish the season with us after Moore start getting reps.  I have Davis, Mims, Moore, Berrios, Cole, and Cager finishing the year. That's if Cager's health isn't a issue. Health always seem to be the issue with him though. 

In all honesty if we’re playing our most talented WRs… Davis and Moore should be starting in the outside (yes Moore on the outside) and Crowder in the slot. I love Mims… but he has to earn that spot. And Moore has earned it more to this point. That can change for sure. But that’s how I would have it today. What I’m not a fan of…. Is Cole getting snaps over those 4. If there’s an injury, he’s a great guy to have to plug in. But I want the younger guys getting the snaps. Not him. 

On 6/11/2021 at 6:33 AM, Bobby816 said:

Man there's just too much depth at WR for him to make the roster IMO.

Davis, Mims, Moore, Crowder, Cole and Berrios are all locks ahead of him. That's 6 WRs right there. If we did decide to carry 7 he's going to have to battle the 2 Smith's for that spot. And I just don't think he wins that. And I like Cager. I just cant see him making the team. Unless there's injuries, which I think we all don't want to happen. 

I’m not used to this. The depth we have a WR is really. V Smith, J Smith, Cager and Malone are likely getting cut. The 4 of them would make a better WR group than we had 3 years ago.

Im personally routing for Malone. I think he could be solid depth at X behind Mims. 

In all honesty if we’re playing our most talented WRs… Davis and Moore should be starting in the outside (yes Moore on the outside) and Crowder in the slot. I love Mims… but he has to earn that spot. And Moore has earned it more to this point. That can change for sure. But that’s how I would have it today. What I’m not a fan of…. Is Cole getting snaps over those 4. If there’s an injury, he’s a great guy to have to plug in. But I want the younger guys getting the snaps. Not him. 

I actually agree, though the bolded is a hyperbole. Not sure anything can be 'earned' through OTAs. I was much higher on Moore than I was Mims coming out, and so therein lies my preference. Never felt Moore NEEDED to be relegated to the slot, it's an easy projection based on his size, but not a fair reflection of his skill set. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds. 

I'm definitely not against Moore playing on the outside, but looking at the injuries, none offseason, and what he was able to flash while playing for a struggling QB/Coach, I think Mims will be good. He still has something to prove and there is no way cole is getting snaps over them but he is solid insurance just in case injuries are a problem for him again or he doesn't make progress in this scheme. 

I wanted to keep Crowder before the draft but with the team asking for a paycut & drafting Moore, he's not staying. I'd be surprised if he's still on the roster at the start of the season. So I'm really thinking about him at the moment. Moore, Mims, and Davis will be the top-3. 

14 minutes ago, NJC33 said:

I actually agree, though the bolded is a hyperbole. Not sure anything can be 'earned' through OTAs. I was much higher on Moore than I was Mims coming out, and so therein lies my preference. Never felt Moore NEEDED to be relegated to the slot, it's an easy projection based on his size, but not a fair reflection of his skill set. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds. 

Agreed. I rate Moore as a “prospect” higher than Mims. But Mims has shown in the 1/2 season he played last year, he can play in this league. It’s a safe assumption though that Moore can as well. My point where it appears you agree. Is Moore shouldn’t be harnessed just to the slot. Let the best guys start. I mean crowder has started for us on the outside and has been good. Just play the best guys. It’s a nice problem to have to have too many talented WRs. We haven’t been able to say that in a very long time.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Moore puts up the best numbers out of everyone.

I think you’re underestimating how good Davis is when healthy. He’s a #1 when healthy and good QB play. Hopefully both happen. And I should note that I love Moore and Mims. And I think they both have that potential as well. Just Davis is more proven.