2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

10 hours ago, dcat said:

Crowder's market value was about $5-6, maybe $7 per year... way under his $10 contract here.  It was either get cut or take the deal.  He will be a UFA in 2022 and if he performs well, JD could possibly get a comp pick if another team pays him about 6 or 7 million.

Right, it makes sense from the Jets side. I'm not arguing that. Even called it a win for them. It's Crowders side that makes little sense. The Jets suddenly have a crowded WR room and are relying on a rookie hc/qb combo, something that has consistently lead to a struggling offense across the league. This is not conducive to crowder putting up the offensive numbers he is going to need as a 29 year old fa wr next offseason.

Had he refused to take the pay cut and instead been released, like you said his market value would have been in the 5-6 mil range which is what he got on the paycut. The difference is that he could have chosen a place more wr needy, and with a better offensive system in place to help him put up great numbers and cash in next off season. 

I'd imagine Green Bay would have jumped all over him as a FA and he could certainly put up stats with Rodgers.

33 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

A lot of good signs early but we need to see these guys in pads/full contact. Going to be a fun training camp.

Yup, it was interesting to read that Jason Pinnock has been impressing at CB.  But all of it is meaningless until the real games begin. 

Love that we are challenging Mims to earn his reps. We penciled him in as a starter last year, he was hurt and when he was healthy he showed flashes but not enough to really be given anything in year two. He needs to have a good camp because there is a full room with very capable receivers and a rookie who has looked very very impressive so far. 

20 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Love that we are challenging Mims to earn his reps. We penciled him in as a starter last year, he was hurt and when he was healthy he showed flashes but not enough to really be given anything in year two. He needs to have a good camp because there is a full room with very capable receivers and a rookie who has looked very very impressive so far. 

Yeah and the approach is very subtle. He knows it and thats all that matters. Coaches dont have to go in the media and challenge him.

Saleh is basically saying make me play you with the 1s. I like it. 

• Like 1

First thing, that throw by Wilson is a thing of beauty. Perfect spiral and ball placement, this guy has a great arm and not just by strength, he knows how to put touch on passes and ball placement. 

Moore is going to be electric, I'm super excited to see  him play.

Michael Carter is going to be a big part of the offense this season, he can catch and he has the cuts for this offense. 

Its great seeing young talent on offense out there. 

10 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I feel like it's impossible to hit on all 4 offensive guys.  Right?

Odds are stacked against it. But it's rare a team has 4 offensive rookie starters. And we know that Wilson and AVT will start for sure. And that Moore and Carter will get snaps. Its up to them to capitalize on that opportunity to make themselves regular productive starters for us. 

11 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I feel like it's impossible to hit on all 4 offensive guys.  Right?

I agree with Bobby, it'll be rare. But it's a possibility that seems somewhat possible for us. RB and Guard have a high hit rate and the early signs are positive for AVT and Carter. QB and WR are not as easy to hit on, but everything seems to be super positive about Elijah Moore. I think it'll come down to Zach Wilson. If we hit on Zach Wilson, this will be one of the best drafts of any team in recent memory. Not even factoring that 3 of the rookie defenders we drafted are already getting 1st team reps.

Last year's draft class doesn't seem as good as it seemed last year. So, this thing can turn. Just hoping it is in fact a franchise defining draft. 

Edited by SDotNova