2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

If the rumors are true, Moses is signing a multi year deal. Fant has one more year left with a $10M cap hit that we're likely not going to pay. This is really up in the air. I think Moses is coming in to be our RT. If I remember correctly, he was graded as the 6th best RT in the league last season. Although I don't think Fant was the problem, he has a $10M cap hit coming next year and I don't see Moses being brought in to try a new position. 

Fant has experience moving to different positions and I think he could be a solid RG. Becton, AVT, Fant, and Moses is something I feel really good about. Tough enough to stand up to physical defenses, quick enough to reach the 2nd level in the blocking scheme, and a huge improvement in the passing game. 3 guys at 6'5+ & 320lbs+, I love that. 

We're going to be playing some physical defenses in our division this year. I think signing him will help a lot more than most people think. 

Moses is going to be the RT. He is top 5 or 6 for RT and at age 30 he has 4-5 good years in him with no injury history. Guys like this are never on the market this time of year. I would try Fant at RG and use him as a swing T too. 
On another note

mims is not looking that good at all. I was one of the very few that did not like this pick. I just don’t see him being a WR 1 or 2. I think he will struggle as a 3 and will be a better 4/5 WR. I don’t see him on the team after next year. There is a reason he fell and JD traded down and he was still there. 

47 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I haven't read any reports just what you guys are saying....is it being reported that Mims doesn't look good?

I don’t think he hasn’t looked good. Just the other guys have looked better. Moore has been great this whole time apparently. And Cole has apparently looked good. And those are the 2 guys he’s battling for, for snaps. 

Mims being outplayed is concerning. I have high hopes for him. He’s not as far up the learning curve as I expected. Good thing we have guys like Cole, Davis and Crowder. And Elijah Moore sounds like he has the ability to be that alpha.

Joe D’s first draft looks like it’ll be Becton plus 4 or so role players. Not awful and it’s still early, but it’s not as promising as I was hoping. 

This is why I like how Joe D attacks the roster. He doesn’t put his eggs all in one basket.

At WR, hes

- drafted 2 WRs in the second

- tried to hit on Perriman and Cole on 1 year deals

- signed Davis to a long term deal

He keeps taking shots from every angle as opposed to just hoping one guy does it. Even if Mims only becomes a solid number 4, chances are our WR group will still be good.

I’m hoping he takes this same approach at TE. Get a veteran and draft a guy high next year. 

Edited by SDotNova

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

This is why I like how Joe D attacks the roster. He doesn’t put his eggs all in one basket.

At WR, hes

- drafted 2 WRs in the second

- tried to hit on Perriman and Cole on 1 year deals

- signed Davis to a long term deal

He keeps taking shots from every angle as opposed to just hoping one guy does it. Even if Mims only becomes a solid number 4, chances are our WR group will still be good.

I’m hoping he takes this same approach at TE. Get a veteran and draft a guy high next year. 

What I like is that he gets that it’s an offensive league and has invested there. 2 1sts on OL, 1st on QB and 2 2nds on WRs. He gets it

10 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I haven't read any reports just what you guys are saying....is it being reported that Mims doesn't look good?

That is strange I read 2 or 3 different reports on how mims is being outperform and they think he is not a fit for this system. We always miss on 2nd round picks and this is why I liked the trade up for Sam for those 2nd round picks. Mimis is just another 2nd round bust to add to the pile. I hope Moore breaks that trend 

15 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

He's being tested by the coaching staff it seems. Stuck on the 2nd team, they're forcing him to earn reps. Doesn't help that Cole, Berrios and Moore have been practicing well. 

Mims has been good tho from what I've read. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, SDotNova said:

Mims being outplayed is concerning. I have high hopes for him. He’s not as far up the learning curve as I expected. Good thing we have guys like Cole, Davis and Crowder. And Elijah Moore sounds like he has the ability to be that alpha.

Joe D’s first draft looks like it’ll be Becton plus 4 or so role players. Not awful and it’s still early, but it’s not as promising as I was hoping. 

I dont think he's being outplayed necessarily but he missed the first week of OTA's being sick and other guys stepped up and having let up. Mims being delegated to the 2nd team is a good test for his mental, he'll get his shot in time. I think people are overanalyzing the situation mostly.

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I dont think he's being outplayed necessarily but he missed the first week of OTA's being sick and other guys stepped up and having let up. Mims being delegated to the 2nd team is a good test for his mental, he'll get his shot in time. I think people are overanalyzing the situation mostly.

But it has to reach a point to where you’re done testing him mentally and he needs to get his timing down and all with Wilson. Otherwise the staff has him Pissing into the wind. Berrios and Cole should not be getting snaps over Mims with Wilson. Regardless if testing him mentally.

I said it last year and I’ll say it again:  Mims needs to get his head out of his *** and take the offseason seriously. Soft tissue injuries can be avoided. I think he still has a stick up his butt because he “fell” in the draft.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I said it last year and I’ll say it again:  Mims needs to get his head out of his *** and take the offseason seriously. Soft tissue injuries can be avoided. I think he still has a stick up his butt because he “fell” in the draft.

He had food poisoning lol. 

28 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He had food poisoning lol. 

I was referring more to last year. I know he can’t help getting ill. He just seems to not want to put the effort in to live up to his potential. I will gladly eat my words if he proves otherwise. 

3 hours ago, xrade said:

I was referring more to last year. I know he can’t help getting ill. He just seems to not want to put the effort in to live up to his potential. I will gladly eat my words if he proves otherwise. 

Idk if I can put that on him when a lot of guys dealt with soft tissue injuries. He was nursing one hamstring and then hurt the other when he came back. That’s not an indictment on him putting in effort imo just really tough luck unfortunately.