Jump to content

2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Idk if I can put that on him when a lot of guys dealt with soft tissue injuries. He was nursing one hamstring and then hurt the other when he came back. That’s not an indictment on him putting in effort imo just really tough luck unfortunately. 

Soft tissue and non contact injuries are 99% on the athlete.

Many guys were blowing a tire last season because they were not physically prepared during COVID.  Many guys also have poor training habits and would have been injured regardless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Soft tissue and non contact injuries are 99% on the athlete.

Many guys were blowing a tire last season because they were not physically prepared during COVID.  Many guys also have poor training habits and would have been injured regardless.

But we had so many of these issues the past two years its very difficult for me to just blame the athletes. Everyone was dealing these little nagging injuries, we literally rebuilt the training department because of it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

But we had so many of these issues the past two years its very difficult for me to just blame the athletes. Everyone was dealing these little nagging injuries, we literally rebuilt the training department because of it. 

Many guys have poor training habits or poor coaches.  Some guys are also ALL GAS NO BRAKES (lol couldn't help it) and don't let their bodies recover through sleep, lifestyle, nutrition, supplementation etc.  NCAA and NFL strength coaches are too stuck in the powerlifting/Olympic lifting frame of mind.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Many guys have poor training habits or poor coaches.  Some guys are also ALL GAS NO BRAKES (lol couldn't help it) and don't let their bodies recover through sleep, lifestyle, nutrition, supplementation etc.  NCAA and NFL strength coaches are too stuck in the powerlifting/Olympic lifting frame of mind.

It could also be as simply as stretching properly. You’d be surprised at how many athletes fail in that area 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/18/2021 at 8:32 AM, jetfuel34 said:

Moses is going to be the RT. He is top 5 or 6 for RT and at age 30 he has 4-5 good years in him with no injury history. Guys like this are never on the market this time of year. I would try Fant at RG and use him as a swing T too. 
On another note

mims is not looking that good at all. I was one of the very few that did not like this pick. I just don’t see him being a WR 1 or 2. I think he will struggle as a 3 and will be a better 4/5 WR. I don’t see him on the team after next year. There is a reason he fell and JD traded down and he was still there. 

Jesus man let’s relax just a little bit. Talk about a widely outrageous overreaction. I have my doubts about him but you’re basically labeling him a bust before he even gets a chance. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Jesus man let’s relax just a little bit. Talk about a widely outrageous overreaction. I have my doubts about him but you’re basically labeling him a bust before he even gets a chance. 

Ya let’s see how it all plays out. There’s probably a very slim chance these top 5 guys are all healthy every week. So the dowry chart will vary. Snaps will be earned. And as I said…. The only one I’m technically cheering “against” is Cole. We don’t need a vet who’s not great beating out Mims and Moore.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its not like we have bum WRs anymore. Corey Davis is going to start, paid the big bucks. I get a Eric Decker feeling with him, just a good big reliable WR that is team friendly. 

Elijah Moore might be special, the guy has serious potential to be a dominant WR in the NFL like an Antonio Brown. 

Crowder is a good slot WR.  and keelan Cole is a pretty solid WR who can make pretty grabs. So it isn't like Mims is there with bums, he has competition and needs to bring it. From what I read he made some nice grabs, that was his strong suit in college was making those crazy athletic grabs because of his length and ability to adjust. He made some his rookie season as well. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya let’s see how it all plays out. There’s probably a very slim chance these top 5 guys are all healthy every week. So the dowry chart will vary. Snaps will be earned. And as I said…. The only one I’m technically cheering “against” is Cole. We don’t need a vet who’s not great beating out Mims and Moore.

You shouldnt be cheering against Cole. You were the biggest voice about getting WR depth. We got it and Cole was a great addition. Its about giving our rookie QB the best we can to help him. Also nobody is beating out Moore lol. Hes going to be a massive part of our offense. Mims is the one who needs to earn his time if Cole is out performing him. I love the competition. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ekill08x said:

You shouldnt be cheering against Cole. You were the biggest voice about getting WR depth. We got it and Cole was a great addition. Its about giving our rookie QB the best we can to help him. Also nobody is beating out Moore lol. Hes going to be a massive part of our offense. Mims is the one who needs to earn his time if Cole is out performing him. I love the competition. 

I agree and disagree. As I'll continue to say... I'm beyond happy that we actually have WR talent now. I've been screaming for it for years and years. So yes I'm happy we have 5 good WRs. When I say I'm cheering "against" Cole... that by no means means I don't like him. I just think for the future of this team... for him to get snaps over Moore or Mims wouldn't be best. It's not like he's this crazy talented WR that we just have to play. I say this across the board for every position. If there's a young talented player and they're even close in a position battle. The nod should always go to the younger guy. Especially when you're not a win now team, like us. I've had several posts where I've said, that this is why I hate when a team like us (not a team competing for a SB yet), brings in vets when there's a talented young player in place already and start the vet. Luckily WR is a position that you do play 5-6 deep, so guys will get snaps regardless. Putting Wilson in a position to succeed is vastly more important than making sure Moore and Mims are getting snaps with him. But for the future of this team, it would be incredible for Wilson to build that timing and relationship with his 2 young WRs. And if a guy like Cole is taking away snaps from Mims, that hurts that. I also love competition and am all for it generally speaking. But as I posted last week... the downside of that is injury. If a guy is already fighting for a spot in May/June... it's a lot harder for him to stay healthy through December. If he's having to go out and give it all everyday in OTAs, TC, Pre season, etc. It's hard on an athletes body. These guys we expect to be in shape and up for that challenge, but it shouldn't get pushed to the side like it's easy to do. Mims looked good last year when he was healthy. We should be building upon that, rather than run him into the ground to compete with an above average Cole. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Flight 2021 on the Jets YouTube channel is a treat to watch... go check it out if you haven't already.

I watched it early this morning. Good watch if you have a couple hours free.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Watched it, the Jets are back. This is the most excited I've been for the Jets since Rex was here.  I couldn't watch them last season because Gase made me too upset and I couldn't stomach watching that level of poor football. 

Gase was a Rich Kotite level bad of a HC. 

I hope we finally found a franchise QB, that is basically what will make or break the Robert Saleh/Joe Douglas era. 

Edited by NYJets4716
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...