2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

On 6/21/2021 at 12:28 PM, Bobby816 said:

Ya let’s see how it all plays out. There’s probably a very slim chance these top 5 guys are all healthy every week. So the dowry chart will vary. Snaps will be earned. And as I said…. The only one I’m technically cheering “against” is Cole. We don’t need a vet who’s not great beating out Mims and Moore.

I agree about earning snaps but if Cole beats out Mims, what does that say about Mims?  Moore is a rookie and needs to earn his place which should happen pretty quickly.

On 6/20/2021 at 8:55 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

It could also be as simply as stretching properly. You’d be surprised at how many athletes fail in that area 

More to do with training than stretching.  Stretching in some cases can increase chance of injury.

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

More to do with training than stretching.  Stretching in some cases can increase chance of injury.

Here’s the thing, he had been training his whole life and never dealt with that. I’m blaming the Jets because clearly we were doing something wrong with these guys that caused it. That’s why they revamped the entire training department.

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Here’s the thing, he had been training his whole life and never dealt with that. I’m blaming the Jets because clearly we were doing something wrong with these guys that caused it. That’s why they revamped the entire training department.

Well I think he got a hammy injury last year Bc with Covid guys were mainly not training “football related” They were just making sure they were in shape. And Bc he had to nurse that injury, his other hammy became weak

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yes so the Jets had a poor training staff, like most NFL teams.  Which is (one of the reasons) why injuries are super high every year.

I just think these guys get bigger stronger and faster ever year and the human body can only take so much no matter what. The human body does have it limits just like an other animal. 

18 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Yes so the Jets had a poor training staff, like most NFL teams.  Which is (one of the reasons) why injuries are super high every year.

Injuries are super high because it’s a high contact sport. I’m simply referencing the non-contact, nagging injuries we had experienced recently. 

52 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Injuries are super high because it’s a high contact sport. I’m simply referencing the non-contact, nagging injuries we had experienced recently. 

I'd love to find numbers but "non-contact, nagging injuries" are super high in the league and all preventable.  Despite what we think, most athletes take poor care of themselves.  No sleep, stay up all night drinking or playing video games, eat fast food.  They just happen to be very gifted and get away with it.  Then when they get to the NFL it starts to catch up.

9 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

I just think these guys get bigger stronger and faster ever year and the human body can only take so much no matter what. The human body does have it limits just like an other animal. 

They get bigger, stronger, faster, without taking care of their bodies or getting the important muscles (your brake system) stronger.

EDIT- on my IG account I did a whole video on why NFL athletes were getting injured at an alarming rate last year and pulled up videos of how they train.

For example guys will put 500 lbs on the bar and squat 1/4 depth and do ZERO hamstring work.  Recipe for injury.  Saquon strong as an ox, but does box squats and questionable Clean form.

Edited by jetsfan4life51

Just checked overthecap for Crowder’s new cap figure and we’re paying him a guaranteed $5.5m this year, +$6m overall. Love the savings on a guy that has been a decent player for us. As long as Moore gets his reps… 

2 hours ago, Sapo28 said:

Just checked overthecap for Crowder’s new cap figure and we’re paying him a guaranteed $5.5m this year, +$6m overall. Love the savings on a guy that has been a decent player for us. As long as Moore gets his reps… 

Moore is already the most dynamic play maker we have and has the ability to do things nobody else can. He’s going to get touches immediately. I can’t wait to see it. 

• Like 3
13 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

He rated barely above Van-Roten. I think he was rated 43rd and Van Roten was 44th. 

Upgrade it is then. 

Also with our new coach and system everyone here is going to be 100 times better or at least what every fan keeps telling me.