2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

5 hours ago, drew39k said:

Shame to see the Sherman stuff. Would have like to have seen him come around for camp and preseason to help install the new defense and coach up our your cbs.

You’d figure he’d be more mature than those actions. But apparently not

On 7/13/2021 at 9:20 PM, ekill08x said:

Eh lets not go that far. Mac was abysmal at everything. JD building team from inside out and running best Dbs out of town is a comical comment when you consider that DB ran himself out of town. 

I was referrring more to Maye, not JA.

Tag Maye this year and try to trade him for a 3 or 4 to a contender.  We can also tag him next year too if we feel the need.  We'd get at worst 2 more years of his prime and then when he hits 30 we move on and get younger.  We have him for on average 11M per over the next 2 years.  If all the rumors are true we are offering about 8 and he wants 12+.  

No way I pay him 12+.  And it makes no sense for us to pay that to him.  Give Davis another year to adjust to the position.  Grab a day 3 pick and move on and hopefully Davis is ready.

14 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Tag Maye this year and try to trade him for a 3 or 4 to a contender.  We can also tag him next year too if we feel the need.  We'd get at worst 2 more years of his prime and then when he hits 30 we move on and get younger.  We have him for on average 11M per over the next 2 years.  If all the rumors are true we are offering about 8 and he wants 12+.  

No way I pay him 12+.  And it makes no sense for us to pay that to him.  Give Davis another year to adjust to the position.  Grab a day 3 pick and move on and hopefully Davis is ready.

Totally agree to not paying him 12mill. He's not a game changing player. But we do need to kick this trend of not paying our own. Maybe he's just the wrong person at the wrong time.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Totally agree to not paying him 12mill. He's not a game changing player. But we do need to kick this trend of not paying our own. Maybe he's just the wrong person at the wrong time.

Agree with "not paying our own" thing.  Curious to see what happens with Q.  We paid Lawson well.  I read somewhere that JD believes Saleh's approach to D lessens the need for impact DB's.  I'll believe that when I see it, but it could be why JD has thus far avoided any big DB commitments.

Yeah, we should trade Maye. I really like him, but we can really hit the next draft hard with an additional 3rd or 4th round pick. Not a great combination, but I'm good with Davis & Joyner starting at FS/SS until one of the young guys win the job. I think Carter would make a great FS, but he also can play in the nickel. 

7 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Yep wrong person at wrong time, totally agree.  Q is probably the next one up who we really should resign assuming he continues this trend towards being an all pro.

Quinnen Williams is going to cost money, he is a rising star in the league. If he continues to trend where he is heading, which is a elite DT, he'll be getting a massive contract.

They can give Foley a extension. Hes a quality player to have around. 

Passing game coordinator Greg Knapp got hit by a car while riding a bicycle. Hopefully he’s ok and recovers. This happened to my father in law and was in bad condition for nearly a year. Hopefully he’s in good hands at the hospital.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Not worried about it bc I'm sure it will get done... but Zach Wilson is one of only 4 1st rounders still not signed. 

Yeah, but AVT signed yesterday and Moore today.  Wilson will be signed soon.  I expect before next week.