Jump to content

2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Need edge like Shaq Lawson and Philly DE’s

I see Houston is willing to trade Lawson. He has yet to really produce, but if we can get him for a day 3 pick, it might be worth a shot. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Whatever happens this season we still need a 1st round Edge.

Depending on how things shake I hope we go CB and Edge round 1 then interior OL round 2.  But even if CB is top need I still hope DE is the BPA.

DE, CB, IOL, and TE are my biggest needs for us

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

LETS TALK ABOUT OUR LAST 50 YEARS OF LATE ROUND DRAFT PICKS

From the fifth round through the seventh and some of these years there were 12 rounds. The only real star we got was Center Joe Fields, in the 1975 draft Three other players that we draft we serviceable but far from stars were Jeremy Kersey in 2011, Matt Slauson 2009 Guard and Jason Ferguson DT in 1997. The only other player who had the tools to be a star was when we drafted Quincy Enunwa, in 2014, he was big strong and fast but could no stay healthy and his career was short. That all we got out of over 200 draft picks.

THE BEST PLAYER WE NEVER DRAFTED WAS WAYNE CHREBET WE PICKED HIM UP OFF THE STREETS OF LODI NY.

Edited by doumeyer
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

THE BEST PLAYER WE NEVER DRAFTED WAS WAYNE CHREBET WE PICKED HIM UP OFF THE STREETS OF LODI NY.

He was a UDFA from Hofstra and played HS for Garfield, NJ. Not too far from Lodi, NJ. I believe he lived in Lodi during his playing days. I only remember this because those towns are not too far from where I grew up. Also not to far from Paterson. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, xrade said:

He was a UDFA from Hofstra and played HS for Garfield, NJ. Not too far from Lodi, NJ. I believe he lived in Lodi during his playing days. I only remember this because those towns are not too far from where I grew up. Also not to far from Paterson. 

i WASN'T SURE ABOUT GARFIELD, i was brought up in Hawthorne NJ and Wayne, and his father used to get there glasses form my wife's office. When Wayne, was in college his father would always bragged how great Wayne was and my wife told him he is to small and would get killed in the pros. He was one of my all time favorite players. Thanks for the info

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Nick Mullens got released. I'd like to add him or Foles. I want him or Foles. 

 

 

QB is set. Thank you very much.

Cam Gill as a target for Jets?   ha!      Packers are about to move on from Gary?  Interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Some good names there that are still young that wouldn’t just be a rental for us. Question is what’s the price? I don’t see us parting with any of our 1st 4 picks in the 1st 2 rounds. So I think the max we’d give up is a 3rd for a guy. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Some good names there that are still young that wouldn’t just be a rental for us. Question is what’s the price? I don’t see us parting with any of our 1st 4 picks in the 1st 2 rounds. So I think the max we’d give up is a 3rd for a guy. 

What if Chandler could be had for 2nd round pick and ready for contract talk with Jets?  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see JD packing a player and a pick for the right DE. Then jumping on a potential starting LB or CB that hits the market after cuts. We're likely going to trade some of our picks anyway, so I'm not against it. Someone like Ferguson could be just in the wrong scheme and could be had for a 5th, possibly. 

As for the backup QB situation, I'm cool with JJ. If we're still looking, I like Mullens and Foles. I've been rooting for JJ for years, but teams don't often keep him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I can see JD packing a player and a pick for the right DE. Then jumping on a potential starting LB or CB that hits the market after cuts. We're likely going to trade some of our picks anyway, so I'm not against it. Someone like Ferguson could be just in the wrong scheme and could be had for a 5th, possibly. 

As for the backup QB situation, I'm cool with JJ. If we're still looking, I like Mullens and Foles. I've been rooting for JJ for years, but teams don't often keep him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jets had no mean to keep JJ as backup qb but White's rib injury may alter the plan.  The way Jets have planned for qb, I don't see Jets looking for a "vet" qb at all.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JetsandI said:

 

Jets had no mean to keep JJ as backup qb but White's rib injury may alter the plan.  The way Jets have planned for qb, I don't see Jets looking for a "vet" qb at all.  

 

We really don't know if they were waiting for someone like Mullens instead of just picking anyone. That's why it's a "if" for me. JJ could very well plan to become a QB coach and his experience with adapting to new systems, watching other QBs, and etc could very well help Wilson. Who really knows at this point. If we're not going to keep him, Mullens makes too much sense to not sign. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...