2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

We really don't know if they were waiting for someone like Mullens instead of just picking anyone. That's why it's a "if" for me. JJ could very well plan to become a QB coach and his experience with adapting to new systems, watching other QBs, and etc could very well help Wilson. Who really knows at this point. If we're not going to keep him, Mullens makes too much sense to not sign. 

Jets should suit Rob Calabrese up for real. lol.

https://www.insider.com/broncos-covid-emergency-quarterback-coach-2020-11

1 hour ago, KCsb said:

KC fan here, and Tim Ward was the best player on the field when our 2nd team D took the field. I was shocked he was cut, but you got a really solid football player here. Congrats!

Nice. We're hurting bad at DE, so he will get a shot to become a starter at some point. 

I read some JD’s and Saleh’s press conference articles. In short, as we all suspected, they are building a team from the ground up based on long term sustainable success. This year is all about progress and less so about W’s. They are not worried about competing now. They want a dominant team for the long haul.

This is something we have not experienced as fans and aside from Duomeyer, and maybe one or two others, no one has been watching this team longer than I. I can’t recall this team taking this approach. It has always been a “competitive rebuild”. Sacrifice the future for a chance this year mentality. It has never worked. JD and Saleh are preaching patience. If I can be patient as a long time sufferer, I am sure many can. But, this had better ******* work.  I really want to watch a game for the full 4 Q’s and not turn it off by half time. 

Not sure why the Chiefs let him go but the Jet signing Tim Ward was a good move, he could be a decent player and has great size for the position.  Obvious need for them but bringing in Ward was a great move and Shaq Lawson will help as well with Carl Lawson being out for the season when he was poised to have an amazing year.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Crowder tested positive for the virus. His status is up in the air for Week 1. The positive of it is that its believed he's the only one affected. It wont be the whole WR room hopefully. 

And just like that Moore will get a shot to entrench himself as a starter...

Obviously I wish nothing but good health to Crowder but this is a great opportunity for the young guys on the roster to prove themselves. It's nice to know we have some depth compared to years past and can give them a trial run.   

2 hours ago, Sapo28 said:

And just like that Moore will get a shot to entrench himself as a starter...

Obviously I wish nothing but good health to Crowder but this is a great opportunity for the young guys on the roster to prove themselves. It's nice to know we have some depth compared to years past and can give them a trial run.   

Very true. And make no question we will have to score points to win this 1st game. Moore, Robby, Marshall are just a lot superior to our CBs and CMC is CMC. So it’s a great opportunity for the young guys on offense to show themselves. Probably won’t equal a win. But that doesn’t mean we can’t look good.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Moore, Robby, Marshall are just a lot superior to our CBs

This is true as will most teams we go against this year. The good thing is that Darnold is the QB. He is easily confused by exotic zone defenses. If Ulbrich is smart, as I am sure he is, expect Sam to see ghosts.