2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

1 hour ago, mattmanz91 said:

Didn't he practice at LT when Becton was out with a concussion the last 10 days or so of camp? Hopefully that's the case because it should make it a little easier for him. 

Yes he was. So he’s not exactly just getting thrown out there. He’s practiced there quite a bit I believe. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes he was. So he’s not exactly just getting thrown out there. He’s practiced there quite a bit I believe. 

And he literally just came out and said it’s going to be really hard to switch from right to left. Him, McGovern and GVR all need to be purged this offseason. This guy is making the most money on that offensive line and was brought in to play LT originally, hasn’t been a very good RT and now is kind of already making excuses switching to left.

Douglas needs to have a really good offseason this year or fans are going to start rioting. I personally like him and think he has a clue for once but my god has some of his additions and draft picks been dreadful. 

48 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Douglas needs to have a really good offseason this year or fans are going to start rioting. I personally like him and think he has a clue for once but my god has some of his additions and draft picks been dreadful. 

We’ll see how the season plays out but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little concerned about his GMing

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

We’ll see how the season plays out but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t a little concerned about his GMing

I like his ability to turn players into picks which we NEVER do, but his first draft really wasn’t great and the free agents at times have been troublesome. Corey Davis and Carl Lawson were both terrific signings and the injuries will never be a GMs fault unless the player literally gets hurt every season. Lawson injury was kind of freakish so it is what it is but my god is this roster still very bare. I hope we aren’t counting on all these projects to be starters down the road either. 

3 hours ago, mattmanz91 said:

Didn't he practice at LT when Becton was out with a concussion the last 10 days or so of camp? Hopefully that's the case because it should make it a little easier for him. 

Camp makes it a little easier, but it's already hard to switch. Even harder to move to the left. I think he will be solid, but I think it will take a little more time to really reach his level of comfort. 

On 9/15/2021 at 8:32 PM, KingOfNewYork said:

I can see the Pats sending a lot of blitzes at this OL. Forcing Zach into quick throws hoping to capitalize on it. 

Assuming Lafleur adjusts to quick throws...that didn't happen early enough vs Carolina and their defense made us pay. 

On 9/16/2021 at 5:15 PM, JetsandI said:

Joe Douglas surely knows his players.😒

Mims is as good as a wasted pick now.

Not for nothing though, we hired him in the middle of an atrocious regime and now he has his own HC and a brand new system and not everyone from previous drafts fits. You hire the best coach possible not the one who fits the very little talent the team already has. Idc about his first draft so much as long as there is a clear cut plan moving forward on what kind of players Douglas and Saleh want here. 

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Idc about his first draft so much as long as there is a clear cut plan moving forward on what kind of players Douglas and Saleh want here. 

That's the big thing for me too.  Yeah his first draft is looking bad and unlucky with a f*** ton of injuries but his second draft where him, Saleh and the scouts coordinated the type of players he needs for each position is something I have never heard of before.  You can see that these rookies fit in so far.  This is how you build a team.

The real test is next year.  Another haul of a draft and the team/coaches get more experience.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Not for nothing though, we hired him in the middle of an atrocious regime and now he has his own HC and a brand new system and not everyone from previous drafts fits. You hire the best coach possible not the one who fits the very little talent the team already has. Idc about his first draft so much as long as there is a clear cut plan moving forward on what kind of players Douglas and Saleh want here. 

I can certainly understand that. But wasn’t one of Saleh’s mantras to fit the system to players?  It seems like the mantra is now to fit the system to the players only if the players fit into the system.  Just sayin’. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, xrade said:

I can certainly understand that. But wasn’t one of Saleh’s mantras to fit the system to players?  It seems like the mantra is now to fit the system to the players only if the players fit into the system.  Just sayin’. 

If you ask me it’s a bunch of garbage. We’re a rebuilding team. We should be playing all the young talent we have as much as we can. As I said before this whole Mims thing this last week… it would be awful to be giving more snaps to a guy like Cole than Mims. If we were a win now team… sure. But we need to be developing our young talent. And you can’t do that getting 3 snaps a game

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

If you ask me it’s a bunch of garbage. We’re a rebuilding team. We should be playing all the young talent we have as much as we can. As I said before this whole Mims thing this last week… it would be awful to be giving more snaps to a guy like Cole than Mims. If we were a win now team… sure. But we need to be developing our young talent. And you can’t do that getting 3 snaps a game

But, what has been reported is Mims is struggling remembering the different nuances of the plays in the playbook. If he's out there running the wrong route even 2 out of 10 times and those 2 mishaps result in picks are you cool with that?

Edited by mattmanz91
  • Like 1