2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

3 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

How many years have i waited for Darnold, to have a 300 yard passing game, well it happen today along with a win.

When you put a QB in a awful situation, they tend to struggle. Darnold never had a chance here. We had the worst talent and coaching in the league. 

The Panthers are a good situation for him. They have a defense who are playing really good football, flying around the ball.  They have a elite RB and good WRs. 

I think Darnold has a good year, he always had talent he was just in a bad situation.

Joe Brady is a future HC, brilliant offensive mind. 

I don't fault the Jets for moving on, Wilson is super talented and restarting the rookie clock helps us with our timeline because this team needed to go full on rebuild. 

Edited by NYJets4716

One thing I'll say: if we somehow have a "pretty good" day on offense one of these weeks, we've actually got a good chance of winning a game. So that's nice.

Our schedule is rough though, so if we don't get better in a hurry, we'll be looking at trying to beat the Jags in December in the Toilet Bowl™️ just to avoid 0-17.

THE REAL CAUSE OF OUR PROBLEMS ARE OUR FIRST & SECOND ROUNED PICKS                          ROUNE 1                          ROUND 2

2020    N Becton                           Mims

2019     Q Willliams                        0

2018      S Darnold                         Shepherd

2017       J Adams                           Maye

2016        D Lee                               C Hackenberg

2015        L Williams                         Davin Smith

2014        Calvin Pryor                      Jace Amaro

These are the players that were supposed to be the core of our team. Only Maye and Becton, have proved to be top players. We won't know how the Adams deal worked out till we see how the two picks we got for him work out. As you all know I am no big fan of Q Williams, he is playing in his third year now and has not shown why he was picked so high in the first round. I was wrong about one thing I said Macc, set the Jets back five years I should have said seven years

Edited by doumeyer

^Man that list is depressing. I'd forgotten many of those names already.

I'm hoping Becton doesn't turn into an injury bust and Mims gets his act together and gets out of the dog house. History doesn't suggest much luck there though.

Quinnen pretty much had to be Aaron Donald to be worthwhile. We had holes everywhere and picked an interior DL, a position we always seem to be overflowing at. I'm still surprised we, a team with no edge rusher since the John Abraham and Shaun Ellis days, didn't take Josh Allen there.

16 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Nathan Shepherd was taken in 3rd round.

2021's first 2 rounds-

Wilson, Vera Tucker and Moore.

That is promising.

I left 2021 draft off to early to judge them but you are right it is promising

Just now, Abe56 said:

PFF grades for the rookies yesterday 

Zach Wilson’s was. 54.4

Trevor Lawrence had a 40.1 grade 

Mac Jones had a 58.5 grade

Justin Fields had a 51.6 grade

I mean, to say Wilson was that close to Mac Jones is a stretch. Jones isn't being asked to do much... but he is actually doing it.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

PFF grades for the rookies yesterday 

Zach Wilson’s was. 54.4

Trevor Lawrence had a 40.1 grade 

Mac Jones had a 58.5 grade

Justin Fields had a 51.6 grade

PFF doesn’t tell the whole story. If you actually watched the game yesterday… you could see how bad Wilson was. I don’t care what his grade was. If you watch you can grade him.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

PFF doesn’t tell the whole story. If you actually watched the game yesterday… you could see how bad Wilson was. I don’t care what his grade was. If you watch you can grade him.

Nobody said he wasnt, just more everybody was pretty unimpressive 

3 hours ago, TheChad said:

One thing I'll say: if we somehow have a "pretty good" day on offense one of these weeks, we've actually got a good chance of winning a game. So that's nice.

Our schedule is rough though, so if we don't get better in a hurry, we'll be looking at trying to beat the Jags in December in the Toilet Bowl™️ just to avoid 0-17.

It is tough. Next week we play against a very good defense again, 3 straight games against some of the better defenses in the league.

I just want to know what the coaches are seeing that made them believe Fant is a better RT than Moses and Jeff Smith being better than Mims. Wilson can't even find Jeff Smith on the field. 

Edited by rickyt31