2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

Sounds like they don't play Mims because he do

5 hours ago, doumeyer said:

THE REAL CAUSE OF OUR PROBLEMS ARE OUR FIRST & SECOND ROUNED PICKS                          ROUNE 1                          ROUND 2

2020    N Becton                           Mims

2019     Q Willliams                        0

2018      S Darnold                         Shepherd

2017       J Adams                           Maye

2016        D Lee                               C Hackenberg

2015        L Williams                         Davin Smith

2014        Calvin Pryor                      Jace Amaro

These are the players that were supposed to be the core of our team. Only Maye and Becton, have proved to be top players. We won't know how the Adams deal worked out till we see how the two picks we got for him work out. As you all know I am no big fan of Q Williams, he is playing in his third year now and has not shown why he was picked so high in the first round. I was wrong about one thing I said Macc, set the Jets back five years I should have said seven years

Only Darron Lee and Calvin Pryor were bad players out of those round 1 picks.

Leonard Williams we ran out of town, goes to the Giants gets 11 sacks. 

Jamal Adams we run out of town, all pro safety with the Seahawks.

Sam Darnold we run out of town, so far is looking great with a real NFL team.

Quinnen Williams is probably the next player Jets fans run out of town to go on somewhere else and get 10+ sacks.

The 2nd round picks have been a disaster.  Amaro was terrible, Smith had major injury issues, Hackenberg was a clueless pick because he was garbage in college and was not a draftable player, Shepard was a 3rd round pick and a solid rotational player. 

Mims is not looking good so far, there was a reason he fell. He is talented but needs to develop.  He doesn't play the things that would get him on the field more.  Someone like Berrios has a role because he plays slot and ST. 

34 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Does make you wonder how good this staff can’t evaluate talent that they chose to start Fant at RT week 1 and bench Moses. And then Moses gaffes as a top 5 OT yesterday when he starts.

Yeah, I've been thinking about this for Moses, Mims, and their ability to determine if a player is ready to be a starter. 

Just the thought of having another 15 weeks of the same garbage is enough to drive you over the edge. The Jets front office better right the ship fast. Down here in Orlando, the local sport guys on the radio are making fun of the Jets already. Tired of being called the class clowns of the NFL.

22 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Yeah, I've been thinking about this for Moses, Mims, and their ability to determine if a player is ready to be a starter. 

This is something I’m concerned about as well, it could be one of those things where their valuing scheme fit a little too much over flat out talent. There’s no reason Mims should be a healthy scratch over Jeff Smith. Moses should have been the day 1 starter.

8 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Just the thought of having another 15 weeks of the same garbage is enough to drive you over the edge. The Jets front office better right the ship fast. Down here in Orlando, the local sport guys on the radio are making fun of the Jets already. Tired of being called the class clowns of the NFL.

Been this way for a decade now and it’s not changing anytime soon

1 hour ago, NYJets4716 said:

Sounds like they don't play Mims because he do

Only Darron Lee and Calvin Pryor were bad players out of those round 1 picks.

Leonard Williams we ran out of town, goes to the Giants gets 11 sacks. 

Jamal Adams we run out of town, all pro safety with the Seahawks.

Sam Darnold we run out of town, so far is looking great with a real NFL team.

Quinnen Williams is probably the next player Jets fans run out of town to go on somewhere else and get 10+ sacks.

The 2nd round picks have been a disaster.  Amaro was terrible, Smith had major injury issues, Hackenberg was a clueless pick because he was garbage in college and was not a draftable player, Shepard was a 3rd round pick and a solid rotational player. 

Mims is not looking good so far, there was a reason he fell. He is talented but needs to develop.  He doesn't play the things that would get him on the field more.  Someone like Berrios has a role because he plays slot and ST. 

My point is none of any of those players help us win games, they all under  performed except for Adams, we have to wait and see how we do with the two first round picks we got of him. 

2 hours ago, Abe56 said:

In this sea of negativity, heres one positive

Connor McGovern was the highest graded center of the week from with a grade of 85.5

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-2-team-of-the-week-awards-key-takeaways-2021

Did think the oline played well, so not a surprise to see one of our guys on the list

Yeah his grade doesn’t add up. He sucks and still struggle Sunday. PFF is extremely unreliable and I personally can’t acknowledge it anymore. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr.O said:

This is something I’m concerned about as well, it could be one of those things where their valuing scheme fit a little too much over flat out talent. There’s no reason Mims should be a healthy scratch over Jeff Smith. Moses should have been the day 1 starter.

Right, but now it's killing Wilson because when Davis isn't open, he's looking for Moore, Kroft, and Smith. I like their scheme, but I don't think they are good at deciding who can start and who is ready to start.

I spent all summer saying we should pick up vet LBs so Sherwood & Nas can grow into the position because so many has failed at it. We were prepared to start with Sherwood & Nas after Davis got hurt. Sherwood struggled and got hurt. Nas graded as a 25.9 yesterday. If they continue to struggle, the team will just look at those positions as another need instead of developing the right way. . 

• Like 2

I love how the Seahawks developed the Legion Of Boom era. They had vets in rotation for some of the young players. Lawyer Milloy was there for Kam. Trufant was there with Sherman. Even had vets for Russell Wilson. When the young guys were ready, they moved on from them and won 11 games in 2012 and 13 in 2013. I hate throwing young guys out there if they aren't ready. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I love how the Seahawks developed the Legion Of Boom era. They had vets in rotation for some of the young players. Lawyer Milloy was there for Kam. Trufant was there with Sherman. Even had vets for Russell Wilson. When the young guys were ready, they moved on from them and won 11 games in 2012 and 13 in 2013. I hate throwing young guys out there if they aren't ready. 

Zach Wilson is 1/2 way to Russell Wilson’s total INT total for his whole rookie year in 2 games.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Zach Wilson is 1/2 way to Russell Wilson’s total INT total for his whole rookie year in 2 games.

Russell is one of the smartest QBs I've ever seen. They continued to be contenders no matter who was around him at one point. 

My point is, there were vets that allowed the rookies to develop into the positions, mentor, and/or hold the positions until the young guys were ready. They didn't just throw Kam, Sherman, and others out there because they weren't planning to contend. Seattle was prepared. We pretty much threw all of our rookies out there. Maybe 3 of them actually had to beat someone(Who has a chance to start) to earn their chance on the field.