2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

18 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Russell is one of the smartest QBs I've ever seen. They continued to be contenders no matter who was around him at one point. 

My point is, there were vets that allowed the rookies to develop into the positions, mentor, and/or hold the positions until the young guys were ready. They didn't just throw Kam, Sherman, and others out there because they weren't planning to contend. Seattle was prepared. We pretty much threw all of our rookies out there. Maybe 3 of them actually had to beat someone(Who has a chance to start) to earn their chance on the field. 

I see your point and I don’t disagree with it. But this is a QB league and you need one to be successful. Zach and Russell pretty much have nothing in common from a rookie QB stat line already. And yes that’s a true statement, Bc Russell threw 10 INTs his whole 16 game rookie season. Zach is at 5 through 2 games. So it’s an awful comparison.

If we want to try and stay optimistic… we have to look at careers like…

Peyton Manning: 3700yds 26tds 28ints as a rookie.

John Elway: 1650yds 7tds 14ints (only played 10 games) as a rookie.

Troy Aikman: 1750yds 9tds 18ints (only played 11 games) as a rookie.

Zach’s pace right now is 3,950yds 17tds and 42ints.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I see your point and I don’t disagree with it. But this is a QB league and you need one to be successful. Zach and Russell pretty much have nothing in common from a rookie QB stat line already. And yes that’s a true statement, Bc Russell threw 10 INTs his whole 16 game rookie season. Zach is at 5 through 2 games. So it’s an awful comparison.

If we want to try and stay optimistic… we have to look at careers like…

Peyton Manning: 3700yds 26tds 28ints as a rookie.

John Elway: 1650yds 7tds 14ints (only played 10 games) as a rookie.

Troy Aikman: 1750yds 9tds 18ints (only played 11 games) as a rookie.

Zach’s pace right now is 3,950yds 17tds and 42ints.

I wasn't really comparing the two talent wise, I'm comparing the way the whole team including him is being developed. I expected Wilson struggle and hit a rough patch at some point this season. I've pointed out how we just handed him the keys to the franchise, no real vet he had to beat or someone who he can learn from, and how easy he had it during preseason. 

There was no way he wasn't going to have ugly games like this. On top of that, our coaches are new at their current positions. The good news is that his struggles are happening early so he can actually learn from them and finish the season strong. 

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Yeah his grade doesn’t add up. He sucks and still struggle Sunday. PFF is extremely unreliable and I personally can’t acknowledge it anymore. 

He was good as was everybody else on the line vs NE minus Van Roten

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Zach Wilson is 1/2 way to Russell Wilson’s total INT total for his whole rookie year in 2 games.

That's coaching, if you want boring the Jets can just run every play and have Wilson throw 20 or less a game like some of these other rookie QBs. 

5 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Russell is one of the smartest QBs I've ever seen. They continued to be contenders no matter who was around him at one point. 

My point is, there were vets that allowed the rookies to develop into the positions, mentor, and/or hold the positions until the young guys were ready. They didn't just throw Kam, Sherman, and others out there because they weren't planning to contend. Seattle was prepared. We pretty much threw all of our rookies out there. Maybe 3 of them actually had to beat someone(Who has a chance to start) to earn their chance on the field. 

What you say is very true, the Jets are still in the process of putting a team together. The day we drafted Wilson, we all know he would start the first game of the year. The media and the fans would have gone nuts if he didn't start the season. The kid might have all the talent in the world, I don't know i never saw him play one game last fall. If you think I was going to watch BYU vs ST Marys school for unwed mothers your nuts. For the first time in years it looks like we have a running game. What you say is so right rookie QB;s who have come into the league and had sucess, all were teams that were playoff ready, Phil Simms is a perfect example. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Next thing we will hear is he doesn’t know the route tree Bc he’s been spending most his time learning ST. 

Agreed, horrific start for this new regime. Horrific. Bad play calling, no help for a rookie QB, no TEs, and personnel decision making that is absolutely head scratching. 

Also can we just move Nas to SS and Maye to FS for the love of god. Nas is the worst LB in the league. 

12 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Who in preseason was asking for snaps on ST to get more time.

8 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We been growing for 60 years 

King it sure seems like 60 years, but in reality it has been six years how much longer before we are playoff contenders ????????????

3 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

King it sure seems like 60 years, but in reality it has been six years how much longer before we are playoff contenders ????????????

Won’t be next year either. You are literally fooling yourself if you think this team will be a playoff team in 2022 lol. 

I believe this coaching staff is way too egotistical at the moment.  They thought they could get away with no name CB's (so far so good on that one).  They thought they did not need a vet QB.  They thought they could get away with converting a rookie college SS to LB (Davis getting injured did not help).  They thought Fant was a better RT than Moses.  They think the current WR makeup and distribution is best for the team leaving a talented player on the bench.  They think they don't need to pay Maye and will probably lose him this offseason.

The entire coaching staff really needs to take a look in the mirror and realize they are not as smart as they think they are.  JD can be thrown in here, but I really believe a lot of the offseason player acquisitions were largely based on the coaches input.  I have little doubt they will come around and make some minor changes, but how long will their stubbornness last?

6 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Growth is a painful process 

It’s always a process. Everyone always needs “more time”. Eventually you have to show something. And Douglas “rebuild” doesn’t look great so far.

what was Hall the only player from his first draft on the field Sunday?

Everyone has to do better. GM and coaches. It’s still ridiculous we handed Wilson the job and didn’t bother to bring in someone with experience behind him.

Edited by GangGreen420

23 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Won’t be next year either. You are literally fooling yourself if you think this team will be a playoff team in 2022 lol. 

I am sure you are right,  Macc, dug us such a deep hole and the new Jet. regime is putting the cart before the horse, what i mean by that is playing Wilson to fast. I am sure the kid has talent but you can see how lost he was Sunday.