2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

On 9/21/2021 at 5:58 PM, NYJets4716 said:

Well when I hear stories about how the Jets organization actually listens to fans, that is when it became clear why this organization has been a joke. 

If that is TRULY the case (Idzik comes to mind) it will never matter until we have new owners then.

Zach Wilison, sure has had his problems so far this year. But no way am I going to let the O line off the hook. Wilson,  has been pressured on 50% of his passes, and  league high in hits, 29% of his pass attempts he has been hit. The O line is far from what we want. And after two games why is Berrios leading the team in receptions? No rap against Berrios i like the kid and there is a place for him on the Jets, but not the number one receivers.

Wilson should keep being aggressive. I mean Rodgers looked like crap week 1 and he’s a GOAT candidate. It happens. 

New York bias works both ways, when they play good they’re the best ever, when they don’t they’re the worst. He’s just gotta trust that more often than not he’ll make the right play. I don’t want him becoming check down Charlie.

43 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Wilson should keep being aggressive. I mean Rodgers looked like crap week 1 and he’s a GOAT candidate. It happens. 

New York bias works both ways, when they play good they’re the best ever, when they don’t they’re the worst. He’s just gotta trust that more often than not he’ll make the right play. I don’t want him becoming check down Charlie.

I agree. But Bc he’s a rookie, he won’t be given the opportunity IMO to sling it around and bounce back. I except this game to be one of the more boring games to watch. I think it will be a lot of running the ball (probably not great either, if they know we’re running a lot). And short easy passes. Where he has no mistakes. But also pretty much doesn’t do anything either.

50 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I agree. But Bc he’s a rookie, he won’t be given the opportunity IMO to sling it around and bounce back. I except this game to be one of the more boring games to watch. I think it will be a lot of running the ball (probably not great either, if they know we’re running a lot). And short easy passes. Where he has no mistakes. But also pretty much doesn’t do anything either.

That's what he will asked or told to do, but he will still try to stretch the field if the opportunity arises.  I don't think LaFleur drew up all those passes that Zach tried last week.  Longer passes may have been the primary read, but I am sure LaFleur told him to check down if not open.  The problem is Zach has to learn when an NFL receiver is open.  LaFleur may be a little more forceful with his check down mandates this week, but Zach has to be the one to do that.  I can definitely see a few deep passes that LaFleur would not have as the primary read this week.  I don't think ZW is as obedient as Sam is.  He'll still try to sling it, but certainly less so this week. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Yeah but that really doesn’t help anyone. I rather him make mistakes trying to be great than being average because we’re limiting him. 

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah but that really doesn’t help anyone. I rather him make mistakes trying to be great than being average because we’re limiting him. 

I tend to agree.  Teams with QB's who play a vertical game tend to do better.  But with Zach, maybe he needs to crawl before he can walk.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

He throws 40 INTs in 17 games though… then he really didn’t learn anything. He’s be pretty much just be making similar mistakes a lot 

I am sure in time Wilson will be find. The teams he played last year sure did not improve his development, he played the Troy Trojans, Louisiana Teck bulldogs, North Alabama Lions. WKU Hilltoppers, just to name a few. The speed of the NFL teams is 100 times faster than the teams he played. And all those four preseason games he played were against second and third tier players. Years ago a rookie OB would be on the bench for at least one year in most cases two years. But in those days there were only 14 teams and there was plenty of QB's to go around. And not having his first string WR's Cole, Crowder, out no idea where Mims. was, and no real passing catching TE's. i never saw Wilson, throw one pass in college and i took the word of most of the people on this board who said Wilson has all kinds of talent, lets take it slow with Wilson.

Edited by doumeyer

6 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

He throws 40 INTs in 17 games though… then he really didn’t learn anything. He’s be pretty much just be making similar mistakes a lot 

Yes but he still needs to keep his aggressive nature. Saleh dialing it back too far hurts him. He’s 2 games into his career and I feel like we’re bound to make a drastic change that isn’t needed

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yes but he still needs to keep his aggressive nature. Saleh dialing it back too far hurts him. He’s 2 games into his career and I feel like we’re bound to make a drastic change that isn’t needed

Only drastic change that needs to be made is Lafleurs concepts which have been god awful. Wilson will learn.