2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

58 minutes ago, xenajets said:

What’s happened? 

Just constantly posting political opinions, anti vaccine, anti mask, anti BLM etc etc

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Just constantly posting political opinions, anti vaccine, anti mask, anti BLM etc etc

I just searched it up and thank God this will pass over before camp starts. 

A glimmer of hope in an otherwise somewhat predictable 2021 for the Jets franchise. The N.Y.KNICKS were slated to win about 22 games and miss the playoffs yet again. The roster wasn't overly impressive and they lacked a good "qb" at guard, they hired a defensive minded coach and transformed a rag tag bunch of players into a cohesive unit.

While the Knicks are not what you would call elite by any stretch of the imagination, they are a solid team and no easy win. They are in the top 5 for most of the year in defense. 

So how does this translate to the Jets? Anything is possible when you buy into a philosophy of a coach who's mantra is "all gas no brakes" who the players respect and want to play for. 

Saleh has a reputation both visual and intimate that players want to play for him and that's a recipe for success. Will it mirror what the Knicks have accomplished this year? Who knows, but we have a great example of what a team can do when it buys into the philosophy that a unit of hungry disrespected players can do when the culture is changed.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Big T said:

A glimmer of hope in an otherwise somewhat predictable 2021 for the Jets franchise. The N.Y.KNICKS were slated to win about 22 games and miss the playoffs yet again. The roster wasn't overly impressive and they lacked a good "qb" at guard, they hired a defensive minded coach and transformed a rag tag bunch of players into a cohesive unit.

While the Knicks are not what you would call elite by any stretch of the imagination, they are a solid team and no easy win. They are in the top 5 for most of the year in defense. 

So how does this translate to the Jets? Anything is possible when you buy into a philosophy of a coach who's mantra is "all gas no brakes" who the players respect and want to play for. 

Saleh has a reputation both visual and intimate that players want to play for him and that's a recipe for success. Will it mirror what the Knicks have accomplished this year? Who knows, but we have a great example of what a team can do when it buys into the philosophy that a unit of hungry disrespected players can do when the culture is changed.

Tom Thibodeau has an amazing track record, most people seen this coming but the "Knicks bias" clouded their judgement. 

Also the Derrick Rose addition was so huge.

Everyone fav number should be 2 with Zach Wilson havig it. We will see if the number change makes a diffrence. I really hope Naggar is our kicker. I'm so tired of the Jets not having a kicker. The last one we had that was worth anything was Nick Folk. I remeber some people on this board HATED him. I was saying if you are good from 50 in you should be VERY happy. 

4 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Everyone fav number should be 2 with Zach Wilson havig it. We will see if the number change makes a diffrence. I really hope Naggar is our kicker. I'm so tired of the Jets not having a kicker. The last one we had that was worth anything was Nick Folk. I remeber some people on this board HATED him. I was saying if you are good from 50 in you should be VERY happy. 

Who is our kicker going into training camp ?

2 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Who is our kicker going into training camp ?

Sam Ficken has the job now with Chris Naggar coming in to go against him. I hope Naggar wins the job. The Jets never should have let Jason Myers walk. You had a solid kicker for the the next 10 years and you let him walk.