2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

11 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Jets aren’t an NFL level organization. We are somewhere between college and the pros. We are non competitive and cannot execute even the easiest of offensive concepts. Couldn’t be less impressed with this regime. 

We're one game away from getting demoted to the ACC conference.  

Week 1: O-Line was crap

Week 2: Zach was crap

Week 3: Weapons were crap

All 3 weeks however the coaching staff has done nothing to provide a spark. This team is underprepared, unmotivated and playing uninspired. Remember in the off-season the whole the energy is different in the building bs they pushed on us.

This team is cursed and always has been. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Week 1: O-Line was crap

Week 2: Zach was crap

Week 3: Weapons were crap

All 3 weeks however the coaching staff has done nothing to provide a spark. This team is underprepared, unmotivated and playing uninspired. Remember in the off-season the whole the energy is different in the building bs they pushed on us.

This team is cursed and always has been. 

Imagine going from Dowell ******* Loggains to Mike Lafleur and it being a downgrade. 

All this being said, but Zach Wilson is not an NFL ready QB. He game is way too fast for him. The jump from BYU to the NFL was too much for him this fast. He isnt remotely ready. 

Also GVR. Guy is a ******* sieve on that line and has the balls to call out our rookie whose clearly learning under fire. I never wanna see that waste of a roster space in a Jets jersey ever again. If JD or Saleh had balls, which they dont, he'd be gone tomorrow. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

We'd absolutely find a way to lose at least one game there, maybe even more than one. 

I am going to say it again & again till it finally sinks in. Our main problem has been two decades of horrendous drafting. Not one star offensive player in that period of time. This year we drafted a kid with talent and what did we do throw him into the fire right away. No way was Wilson, is ready to start this year. All three top QB's that were drafted this year Fields, Lawerance, Wilson all have talent all went to bad teams, and all of them played lousy. If you read my Friday, post I was saying that years ago great QB;s waited one to three years before that started a game. Only Herbert who was drafted in the first round in 2020 has turned out to be a instant star. The left guard that we moved up to draft has looked horrible. Either we are the most unlucky team or we are the dumbest team in the NFL.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

I am going to say it again & again till it finally sinks in. Our main problem has been two decades of horrendous drafting. Not one star offensive player in that period of time. This year we drafted a kid with talent and what did we do throw him into the fire right away. No way was Wilson, is ready to start this year. All three top QB's that were drafted this year Fields, Lawerance, Wilson all have talent all went to bad teams, and all of them played lousy. If you read my Friday, post I was saying that years ago great QB;s waited one to three years before that started a game. Only Herbert who was drafted in the first round in 2020 has turned out to be a instant star. The left guard that we moved up to draft has looked horrible. Either we are the most unlucky team or we are the dumbest team in the NFL.

We cant draft well OR develop well. It is a combination of both. 

The staff is what needs to be under the most criticism right now. From the top down to the bottom. Saleh hasn’t been as advertised. Seems a bit like he talks a big game and the results don’t match. We were lied to countless times saying how the energy and everything around the team changed. 20pts in 3 weeks days otherwise. LaFleur is the guy who really needs to go. The guy quite frankly did nothing to deserve this job. And he’s proven through 3 games that’s true. The play calling has been awful. And Wilson’s rookie year is going to waste as him as our OC. Our DC is the only guy that deserves reosect quite frankly. Secondary has overachieved. And he deserves credit for that. Especially since they’re on the field all game. Lastly JD really needs to be criticized. Last years draft looks awful. Becton injured. Mims inactive. Davis no playing time. Zuniga nothing. Clarke nothing. Hall is the only bright spot. Too early to tell on this years class. But Moore has been invisible. Wilson is the worst starter in the league right now. Carter can’t get going Bc of bad OL play. AVT has been ok. It’s really the late CBS that have been the best picks.

Thw whole organization needs to be under the microscope.

• Like 2

I don't know much about the depths of our coaching and personnel positions, but at some point:

• First year QB
  • First year HC
  • First year OC / play caller
  • First time GM in his second full year

is just going to add up. I don't care if they're all prodigies, we need some experience somewhere for guidance. I hope someone realises that sooner rather than later.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Lastly JD really needs to be criticized. Last years draft looks awful. Becton injured. Mims inactive. Davis no playing time. Zuniga nothing. Clarke nothing. Hall is the only bright spot. Too early to tell on this years class. But Moore has been invisible. Wilson is the worst starter in the league right now. Carter can’t get going Bc of bad OL play. AVT has been ok. It’s really the late CBS that have been the best picks.

Thw whole organization needs to be under the microscope.

If we are being honest, Douglas has been awful so far. That 2020 draft looks like a bust. 

7 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Imagine going from Dowell ******* Loggains to Mike Lafleur and it being a downgrade. 

All this being said, but Zach Wilson is not an NFL ready QB. He game is way too fast for him. The jump from BYU to the NFL was too much for him this fast. He isnt remotely ready. 

Also GVR. Guy is a ******* sieve on that line and has the balls to call out our rookie whose clearly learning under fire. I never wanna see that waste of a roster space in a Jets jersey ever again. If JD or Saleh had balls, which they dont, he'd be gone tomorrow. 

When I brough up the competition that Wilson played in college people on this board jump all over me before the season started. I never question Wilson, ability. Look what happen to Fields, Lawerance, Wilson, they all had horrible games yesterday. And yet they all got real talent, they all were drafted by lousy teams. You just don't come into the NFL, and become a overnight star. Only Herbert of the Chargers did it. Years ago great QB's in the NFL had to wait to play, Joh Unitas waited one full year, John Brode waited three years, Aaron Rodgers waited three years before they all played. The speed of a NFL game is ten time faster than playing teams like Northern Alabama or WKU Hilltoppers. Just like everything else today people want instant gratification, and that ain't going to happen in the NFL. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

When I brough up the competition that Wilson played in college people on this board jump all over me before the season started. I never question Wilson, ability. Look what happen to Fields, Lawerance, Wilson, they all had horrible games yesterday. And yet they all got real talent, they all were drafted by lousy teams. You just don't come into the NFL, and become a overnight star. Only Herbert of the Chargers did it. Years ago great QB's in the NFL had to wait to play, Joh Unitas waited one full year, John Brode waited three years, Aaron Rodgers waited three years before they all played. The speed of a NFL game is ten time faster than playing teams like Northern Alabama or WKU Hilltoppers. Just like everything else today people want instant gratification, and that ain't going to happen in the NFL. 

Was logging in just to post something similar.

It's not like Wilson is the only rookie QB struggling right now, and it's also crazy to fault him when he's being baptized by fire. Many of the great QBs of our generation sat and learned before starting because the NFL is hard.

TIME FOR A REALITY CHECK ON THE JETS CURRENT REGIME

Douglas is in his third year as GM on paper we look better than three years ago, the problem is we look much worst on the field and that is the key. He has had three FA years and two full drafts. AND IN 2021 we are out of games midway thru the second quarter. We still don't have a star home grown playmaker. You can't build a team thru the FA market, the idea of the FA market is to fill one or two holes in your roster. Starting to see a few cracks in his armor, this Mins thing is hard to figure out and in fact it is downright wacko. Way too early to judge our head coach.

11 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

TIME FOR A REALITY CHECK ON THE JETS CURRENT REGIME

Douglas is in his third year as GM on paper we look better than three years ago, the problem is we look much worst on the field and that is the key. He has had three FA years and two full drafts. AND IN 2021 we are out of games midway thru the second quarter. We still don't have a star home grown playmaker. You can't build a team thru the FA market, the idea of the FA market is to fill one or two holes in your roster. Starting to see a few cracks in his armor, this Mins thing is hard to figure out and in fact it is downright wacko. Way too early to judge our head coach.

Building through the draft is a great philosophy.. the problem is you need to actually know how to draft. Douglas hasn’t proven that he can do that yet.

Douglas has been here longer than Idzik at this point. He needs to start taking some of the heat