2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

Easy to blame the rookie and he has had some downright bad decisions/throws but he is also getting minimum help (heard that before i know)

Between the receivers dropping passes and this type of oline play and playing 3 difficult teams, hard to shine

2 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Easy to blame the rookie and he has had some downright bad decisions/throws but he is also getting minimum help (heard that before i know)

Between the receivers dropping passes and this type of oline play and playing 3 difficult teams, hard to shine

This is pure garbage. I have seen all three games and Wilson has time to throw if he can read a D. He holds the ball WAY too long. I saw one throw a WR was wide open 5-8 yards down field but throws it to a guy 12 yards down field for an incomplete pass. He needs to look close then scan back. His deep throws are god awful to watch. Every time he goes deep it is incomplete that almost got picked or it is picked. The guy is trash and the faster we move on from this train wreck the better. 

5 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

This is pure garbage. I have seen all three games and Wilson has time to throw if he can read a D. He holds the ball WAY too long. I saw one throw a WR was wide open 5-8 yards down field but throws it to a guy 12 yards down field for an incomplete pass. He needs to look close then scan back. His deep throws are god awful to watch. Every time he goes deep it is incomplete that almost got picked or it is picked. The guy is trash and the faster we move on from this train wreck the better. 

He’s just not ready. It’s not that he’s garbage or a bad QB, but expecting him to come in here and play right away with no competition was completely foolish. I have no idea why the Jets/some fans thought this was the road to take 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

He’s just not ready. It’s not that he’s garbage or a bad QB, but expecting him to come in here and play right away with no competition was completely foolish. I have no idea why the Jets/some fans thought this was the road to take 

I have always been the guy that says YOU NEVER START A ROKKIE QB WEEK ! NO MATTER WHAT!!!

You should always have a vet guy come in and if he does well leave him in. If the vet does poorly pull him around week 6 or so. 

• Like 1

I think some, I know I did, got ahead of ourselves with how this roster was going to perform. It’s been a mess so far. There’s talent, always has been but just not in the key areas we need(sounds familiar) OL mostly poor, no pass rush, mediocre QB play. Play calling dreadful, no adjustments from the head coach, no special teams sparks, no impact player on either side to carry the team(Revis literally carried this team to wins playing Corner lol) 

Just frustrating on so many levels because all this rah-rah talk, All Gas No Brake nonsense has been a farce. Season is already over most likely. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think some, I know I did, got ahead of ourselves with how this roster was going to perform. It’s been a mess so far. There’s talent, always has been but just not in the key areas we need(sounds familiar) OL mostly poor, no pass rush, mediocre QB play. Play calling dreadful, no adjustments from the head coach, no special teams sparks, no impact player on either side to carry the team(Revis literally carried this team to wins playing Corner lol) 

Just frustrating on so many levels because all this rah-rah talk, All Gas No Brake nonsense has been a farce. Season is already over most likely. 

Unfortunately.

I think we should wait until 2nd half to check out if there is any improvement or hope for real.    Any problem in 2nd will warrant a valid complaint.

Honestly, I'm reaching a breaking point with the Jets. I'll still watch them but I just get no enjoyment from watching professional football. I turned off the game with 3 minutes left yesterday and put on a movie. Skipped the ending of the other 4pm games and Sunday Night Football. And it felt great.

I just don't get how the Jets are so far below the league average (and have been for years). 90% of Jets games are decided by the end of the 1st quarter. We haven't had a win in the first month of the season since Sam Darnold's first start on September 10th, 2018 (14 straight losses in September?). So basically before 25% of each game, we know decidedly the Jets are going to lose. Through 25% of the season, we know the season is over. In short, I can't even enjoy 25% of Jets football because everything is down the drain by then.

I look back on these last 6ish years and am just dumbfounded why I keep doing this to myself. Is the highs of the late 90s and a lot of the 2000s Jets worth the suffering we are going through? That was so long ago, I can't even remember for myself.

Sadly, I haven't seen any improvements these years, just the same mistakes. I'll still watch the Jets because I can't quit the team. But for my mental health, I think I'm taking a break from the NFL until we can compete with league average.

Drop any movie/show recommendations to get me through some football games.

31 minutes ago, Jetfan66 said:

Honestly, I'm reaching a breaking point with the Jets. I'll still watch them but I just get no enjoyment from watching professional football. I turned off the game with 3 minutes left yesterday and put on a movie. Skipped the ending of the other 4pm games and Sunday Night Football. And it felt great.

I just don't get how the Jets are so far below the league average (and have been for years). 90% of Jets games are decided by the end of the 1st quarter. We haven't had a win in the first month of the season since Sam Darnold's first start on September 10th, 2018 (14 straight losses in September?). So basically before 25% of each game, we know decidedly the Jets are going to lose. Through 25% of the season, we know the season is over. In short, I can't even enjoy 25% of Jets football because everything is down the drain by then.

I look back on these last 6ish years and am just dumbfounded why I keep doing this to myself. Is the highs of the late 90s and a lot of the 2000s Jets worth the suffering we are going through? That was so long ago, I can't even remember for myself.

Sadly, I haven't seen any improvements these years, just the same mistakes. I'll still watch the Jets because I can't quit the team. But for my mental health, I think I'm taking a break from the NFL until we can compete with league average.

If you like Marvel, the Loki series is a good one. 

38 minutes ago, Jetfan66 said:

Hallmark movies. lol

Hulu, Netflix, Apple and whatever else offer nice tv shows.

Want some slow and pace tv shows?, check out British criminal solving shows.

HBO's Chernobyl mini-series is a must to watch.

3 hours ago, Jetfan66 said:

Community and the good place are very binge-able tv shows. Ap bio is great too. 

If you haven't experienced it, just go ham on the entire marvel cinematic universe. Start with either iron man 1 or captain America and watch them in chronological order.  Include the Disney + marvel tv shows. 

An absolute bonkers show is Doom Patrol on HBO max. Certainly not for everyone but it is a ride.

Elementary is a good modern Sherlock Holmes take with a lot of seasons that are available to stream.

I’m always for building the OL and do think that’s what we need to do. But in all honesty… I think it’s more scheme than personnel. Look at these teams with good offenses. Most of them don’t have 5 stars up front. They’ve built and OL being smart. I just feel like we got good players and are trying to make them play in a bad system. And when it doesn’t work…. The answer is easy to point to youth and that everyone needs to be better. How about running a simple system for Wilson. How about making the scheme easier for the OL to communicate. How about letting WRs that have the most talent play, instead of trying to make them learn the playbook for 5 spots. These are coaching issues. Yes the players have to be better too. But through 3 games… coaching, scheme seem to be the issue more so than talent.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I’d be good with that

It should definitely put us in a great position next year. Not only does McGovern & GVR suck, they're pointing fingers at everyone else right now and we're only in week 3. I wish we could cut them both right now.