2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

7 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I think some, I know I did, got ahead of ourselves with how this roster was going to perform. It’s been a mess so far. There’s talent, always has been but just not in the key areas we need(sounds familiar) OL mostly poor, no pass rush, mediocre QB play. Play calling dreadful, no adjustments from the head coach, no special teams sparks, no impact player on either side to carry the team(Revis literally carried this team to wins playing Corner lol) 

Just frustrating on so many levels because all this rah-rah talk, All Gas No Brake nonsense has been a farce. Season is already over most likely. 

I sure did as well. I really thought with the additions on offense that we'd be much better. The one thing that bugs me the most is how the o-line has been a major disappointment and we haven't gotten anywhere close to the play we thought we would with Becton/AVT manning the left side and now McG regressing badly, and of course the annual revolving door that is GVR. I liked the Moses signing but he didn't even get to play until Becton got hurt which forced Fant to the left side where he is not comfortable, and now there's countless clips of our o-line looking clueless and letting free rushers get to Zach. That's a recipe for disaster for a rookie QB, and the proof is in the result of starting the season 0-3 once more. I really had high hopes for this new staff but so far there's very little to be happy about so far. It has to be more than just the players we are drafting, I think like many others said we are not only trying to force scheme fit, but the schemes aren't even being taught properly which is why you see guys looking clueless every game. Part of me blames LaFleur and part of me blames Wilson for not being able to make those reads and adjustments and ultimately hurting his own cause. I guess I overestimated the learning curve for him transitioning into our system and the speed of the game is obviously something he's not yet adjusted to when you see the sacks he takes and throws he misses - he thinks he can make throws he shouldn't even be thinking about making. However, I didn't like that GVR put it on Zach to get the ball out quicker when we have one of the worst lines in the league if not THE worst and we're going to need to address it once again this offseason. I'm not sure we can trust Becton as our long-term LT of the future with how injury prone he is and I'm not opposed to securing our true blindside protector and shifting Becton to the right, but we also badly need IOL help as well. McG has fallen off a cliff, AVT is garbage so far, and GVR is a revolving door.

8 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

So who is suppose to be the number 1 pick this year? Is there any real good college kid coming out? 

The best player will be a defensive player by the time draft season rolls around, either Kayvon Thibodeaux, Kyle Hamilton, or Derek Stingley Jr. Luckily all three fill huge needs for us.

17 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

We're going to have $81M in cap space when we cut McGovern & GVR. 

$80M+ cap space

1,1,2,2,3,4,4 in the top 4 rounds right now. 

If we can't build a good team after this, I'm done. lol 

We're going to be facing the same challenge of getting teams to want to sign with a perennial losing franchise. 

32 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

It should definitely put us in a great position next year. Not only does McGovern & GVR suck, they're pointing fingers at everyone else right now and we're only in week 3. I wish we could cut them both right now. 

Draft the center and hopefully sign a guard. We need another vet presence on this line or not much is going to change. I want the C from Iowa and hopefully there is a RG we can add  in free agency. 

I would cut GVR today btw. The backup is also equally as abysmal but he won’t throw the kid under the bus. Make a statement and cut that loser. 

Edited by ekill08x
  • Like 1

On 9/26/2021 at 7:27 AM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Wow all this time I thought Sermon was hurt and he's in the dog house just like Mims.  Aiyuk is also getting the same treatment.  Looks like we aren't the only team making poor decisions with young guys who were drafted early.

And our guys come from that coaching tree.

2 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Draft the center and hopefully sign a guard. We need another vet presence on this line or not much is going to change. I want the C from Iowa and hopefully there is a RG we can ****** in free agency. 

I would cut GVR today btw. The backup is also equally as abysmal but he won’t throw the kid under the bus. Make a statement and cut that loser. 

I'm definitely with you. I want to draft one and sign one. A line full of young players will get Wilson killed and kill our cap space when it's time to resign the entire line at the same time. 

Yes, please cut him and throw him out Uncle Phil style. He's not helping anything or anyone at all. 

After having six straight years of high draft picks and plenty of cap money why are we ranked 31 out of 32 in power ranking in the NFL. We are in our six straight losing season. Things just seem to go from bad to worst, with no light at the end of the tunnel. It has started already how much money we have in cap money for the 2022 season and all the great draft picks we have for next year, this is all true but what makes you think next years, offseason will be any different than the last six. After last Sundays lost the Giants, owner went nuts he smashed garbage can throw a chair across the room. What do we hear from our owners the trust fund kids nothing. After our pathetic loss on Sunday, our owners should have gone in the locker room after the game and turn over the buffet table and dump it on the floor.  After fifty seventh year as a Jet fan this is my low point. CAN ANYBODY IN THIS PATHETIC JET ORGANIZATION SHOWN SOME EMOTION.

5 hours ago, drew39k said:

Well, Moore has a concussion and is doubtful to play Sunday against Jacksonville.  I wonder if this will force the Jets to play Mims or if we are going to see Jeff Smith a ton.

I won't believe anything until #11 is actually on the field.

5 hours ago, drew39k said:

Well, Moore has a concussion and is doubtful to play Sunday against Jacksonville.  I wonder if this will force the Jets to play Mims or if we are going to see Jeff Smith a ton.

This situation is still baffling to me. I expect him not be activated still, bc Crowder will maybe be ready to go. And even if we do activate Mims.... we wont play him. He was active Week 1 and only played 3 snaps. 1 which was a 30 yard catch FYI. But oh yeah... he needs to know every route from every spot on the field as a WR to get any action.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

This situation is still baffling to me. I expect him not be activated still, bc Crowder will maybe be ready to go. And even if we do activate Mims.... we wont play him. He was active Week 1 and only played 3 snaps. 1 which was a 30 yard catch FYI. But oh yeah... he needs to know every route from every spot on the field as a WR to get any action.

Corey Davis's hands have been weak. Who know if offense shifts attention to different WR.