2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

Has anybody ever told the Jets TE's it is OK to catch a pass more than five or six yards downfield? When are we going to get a real pass catching TE. If we really want to help Wilson, lets get one. I don't care if it is the first pick in the first round.

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I still think Davis is legit... so I'm not ready to push him to the side. He should still be our #1.

I don't mean to bench him. Just change target priority. 

2 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Of course he is, he is the only receiver this year to catch balls downfield so far.

Braxton Berrios is our leading WR right now.

Hey guys, didn’t know where to post this but had a question about parking. I’m going to the game this Sunday and on places like vividseats, it has platinum parking but not the parking lot(E, F, or G). Some of them also have stuff like Row GA and some with numbers and some not(maybe G is the lot). Then the price difference is confusing. I see one in platinum parking for 60 and then another for 260. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Hey guys, didn’t know where to post this but had a question about parking. I’m going to the game this Sunday and on places like vividseats, it has platinum parking but not the parking lot(E, F, or G). Some of them also have stuff like Row GA and some with numbers and some not(maybe G is the lot). Then the price difference is confusing. I see one in platinum parking for 60 and then another for 260. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can't help you completely.  Try to tag KingofNewYork for that.

As for parking rates, they vary.

https://parkingaccess.com/blog/metlife-stadium-parking

• The GOLD permit lets you in Lots B, D, K, J, L, M, P, Deck A, and any parking area near American Dream. The prices vary, but you find a ticket for as low as $17. The most expensive GOLD permits are over $100. 
  • The PLATINUM permit is for Lots E, F, and G. Jets parking rates in the Platinum lots start at $41 and can go up to over $170. Purchase your permit as early as you can to get the best price!

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I can't help you completely.  Try to tag KingofNewYork for that.

As for parking rates, they vary.

https://parkingaccess.com/blog/metlife-stadium-parking

• The GOLD permit lets you in Lots B, D, K, J, L, M, P, Deck A, and any parking area near American Dream. The prices vary, but you find a ticket for as low as $17. The most expensive GOLD permits are over $100. 
  • The PLATINUM permit is for Lots E, F, and G. Jets parking rates in the Platinum lots start at $41 and can go up to over $170. Purchase your permit as early as you can to get the best price!

Thank you sir.

@KingOfNewYork Any help would be greatly appreciated 

4 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Interesting article in the NY post, why are the Jets misusing Elijah Moore. The article started out talking about how great he was in training camp. The rest was how the Jets were using him in the first three games. I have to agree with this story.

The preseason offense seemed different than the in season offense.  I have yet to see a WR get wide open.  I watch all these other games and each team has plays where WRs are wide open.  Or beat the zone.  Besides Davis' first TD of the year I haven't seen that.  We don't even have RBs wide open for check downs like other teams do against us.  We need to be using Moore in the slot and Mims on the outside.  Not freaking Braxton Berrios in the slot and pushing Moore on the perimeter.  Against DEN we barely used play action and they didn't move Zach at all.  That's what worked in preseason and against CAR.  LaFleur may be the biggest culprit out of anyone right now.

Oh, and both McGovern and GVR shouldn't be starting.

5 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I just went to my first game at the meadowlands two weeks ago. My buddies and I parked at redds restaurant. You can prebuy parking tix on their website or get there a bit early and buy at the building.  Their website wasn't working for the week we went so we just got there in person and paid.  It was super easy and they had a shuttle service that took you to and from the stadium. 

There is no tailgating allowed according to the signage but we did see some people hanging out and drinking beverages and chucking a football around. Just not any grilling.

https://reddsrestaurant.com/event/2021-new-york-jets-vs-tennessee-titans-parking/

I find it interesting that the Jets love to use 2 TE looks, even though our TEs are garbage. 

We don't even have the proper personnel to run the offense and the coaching isn't adjusting. We are better at WR than TE.  Having 2 WRs running routes with 2 TEs isn't our strength. It works well in SF because they have George Kittle, but here we have Kroft who is a backup at best. 

The OL doesn't do a good job of blocking either, they are not good. I think that Michael Carter can be a very effective RB in this league, he shows the ability to make the first guy miss frequently and fights for yards. But this OL doesn't keep on the blocks and doesn't open up lanes enough.

McGovern and Van Roten are obvious players to upgrade over. Moses is solid at RT, but he might not be back.  

Ty Johnson drops too many passes and can't block at all, hes a solid runner but he is bad at the other stuff. 

6 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

The preseason offense seemed different than the in season offense.  I have yet to see a WR get wide open.  I watch all these other games and each team has plays where WRs are wide open.  Or beat the zone.  Besides Davis' first TD of the year I haven't seen that.  We don't even have RBs wide open for check downs like other teams do against us.  We need to be using Moore in the slot and Mims on the outside.  Not freaking Braxton Berrios in the slot and pushing Moore on the perimeter.  Against DEN we barely used play action and they didn't move Zach at all.  That's what worked in preseason and against CAR.  LaFleur may be the biggest culprit out of anyone right now.

Oh, and both McGovern and GVR shouldn't be starting.

I've wondered this for years and always wanted to blame the OCs but it's so weird that we can only hire OCs that give us the same problem. Obviously there's a bit of confirmation bias in there, but I'm so sure that just about every other team has wide open WRs from time to time, and it just never seems to happen for us. Even the RBs for checkdowns as you said.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

I find it interesting that the Jets love to use 2 TE looks, even though our TEs are garbage. 

We don't even have the proper personnel to run the offense and the coaching isn't adjusting. We are better at WR than TE.  Having 2 WRs running routes with 2 TEs isn't our strength. It works well in SF because they have George Kittle, but here we have Kroft who is a backup at best. 

The OL doesn't do a good job of blocking either, they are not good. I think that Michael Carter can be a very effective RB in this league, he shows the ability to make the first guy miss frequently and fights for yards. But this OL doesn't keep on the blocks and doesn't open up lanes enough.

McGovern and Van Roten are obvious players to upgrade over. Moses is solid at RT, but he might not be back.  

Ty Johnson drops too many passes and can't block at all, hes a solid runner but he is bad at the other stuff. 

Especially when you have 2 very talented run blocking WRs in Davis and MIMS!!!

6 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

This is very Gaseian. Don't adjust your scheme to your best players... run your favourite scheme poorly instead. Ugh.