2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

My company built both Giant & Met life stadium, and it sure wasn't our idea to rip people off on parking charges. When I used to go games I would park in that GO GO joint across the street from the stadium, that is when it was Giant stadium. Now I watch the games on tv down here in Orlando.

I'm going to the Tampa Bay game at the Jets on Jan 2. This will be my first time ever going to a home Jets game. I'm taking my oldest son who is 8 with me because he is a huge Tampa fan. My boy wants to get autographs from the players and I was wondering if we get there as soon as the gates open can you walk up to the front and see if players will sign for him? I would just love to have a few players sign for him and talk to him. I don't care what team they are on just have a few autographs would be great for him. He is starting to get hooked on football which I love. 

6 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

I find it interesting that the Jets love to use 2 TE looks, even though our TEs are garbage. 

We don't even have the proper personnel to run the offense and the coaching isn't adjusting. We are better at WR than TE.  Having 2 WRs running routes with 2 TEs isn't our strength. It works well in SF because they have George Kittle, but here we have Kroft who is a backup at best. 

The OL doesn't do a good job of blocking either, they are not good. I think that Michael Carter can be a very effective RB in this league, he shows the ability to make the first guy miss frequently and fights for yards. But this OL doesn't keep on the blocks and doesn't open up lanes enough.

McGovern and Van Roten are obvious players to upgrade over. Moses is solid at RT, but he might not be back.  

Ty Johnson drops too many passes and can't block at all, hes a solid runner but he is bad at the other stuff. 

I'd imagine that we run two TEs because we have no faith in our offensive line.  It helps disguise run vs pass too.

But really it doesn't matter. The scheme isn't working. Teams don't care that it's harder to guess because they aren't scared of guessing wrong right now. The Jets would be better off going with three wr sets to spread the defense out and open running Lanes that way. By going the wrs, with Davis and Mims on the outside while running Moore or crowder in the slot guys should be able to get open quick.

1 minute ago, jetfuel34 said:

I'm going to the Tampa Bay game at the Jets on Jan 2. This will be my first time ever going to a home Jets game. I'm taking my oldest son who is 8 with me because he is a huge Tampa fan. My boy wants to get autographs from the players and I was wondering if we get there as soon as the gates open can you walk up to the front and see if players will sign for him? I would just love to have a few players sign for him and talk to him. I don't care what team they are on just have a few autographs would be great for him. He is starting to get hooked on football which I love. 

I got there a few hours before game time and saw people walking down to the area where they could get autographs and photos of players as they came on and off the field during warmups. Not sure if they had tix dowb there but didn't really see any checkers yet.

1 minute ago, GangGreen420 said:

Props to those of you that still go to games and spend money on this team. I know I couldn’t bring myself to do it 

Your post is probably going to be the most intelligent post of the day. OK we are a bad team but to get ripped off on things like parking & $8.75 for a beer, no thanks.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, drew39k said:

I got there a few hours before game time and saw people walking down to the area where they could get autographs and photos of players as they came on and off the field during warmups. Not sure if they had tix dowb there but didn't really see any checkers yet.

Thanks for the info. I will give it a shot. 

18 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Thank you sir.

@KingOfNewYork Any help would be greatly appreciated 

I would go with the gold. More options, might have a little walk but nothing major. Depending on how early you’re coming it’s going to be super packed with tailgating and all the hoopla. I was there last weekend at the American Dream and had zero issues finding parking.