2021 Jets Season: Misc. Talk

Bianconero

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Which is why I place more blame on LaFleur than the players ATM. He whines about execution thus blaming the players. People like to fault JD for the roster and he deserves some but don’t tell me Saleh and Co. did not have a hand in directing JD to the players they wanted.  And this is why I don’t get the drafting of Wilson when they really should have gone after Mac. If they want to run a horizontal passing game, Wilson ain’t it. Jones is.

What this boils down to is LaFleur not knowing what the **** he is doing. Fit the system to the players and slowly morph into the O you envision. Isn’t that what Saleh said?  So far we are getting nothing but bull**** from Saleh and crap on O.

I do agree about LaFleur. This could be a situation where Saleh could be a great HC but picked the wrong OC to run the offense. I can't get mad about picking him because I understand. Between being a part of a successful offense, picking someone Saleh knows, and the success of his brother. It all made sense. Saleh probably feels the same exact way we feel right now, just can't throw him under the bus or fire him this early. At the same time, Saleh has to get that offense on track. If not, he may not be different from Dan Quinn when he was in Atlanta. DQ looked amazing after the SB run, but after losing Shan, he got exposed. The offense was never the same. If Saleh can't get the offense on track, he may only be as good as his coordinators. 

As far as the QB, I wasn't the biggest Wilson fan, but I have no problem with him. I'm annoyed that they didn't bother signing a vet day 1 or creating a real competition. I called this out early and what I said is still happening. A new coaching staff, QB coach passed, didn't have a vet QB to show him how to prepare for games, bad oline, and injured WR core. 

I do believe Saleh had an impact on the roster moves by saying what young players he want to put out there. We were ready to start Sherood & Nas at OLB when J.Davis got hurt. We didn't sign Quincy until Sherwood got hurt. JD isn't perfect, but I can't see he being comfortable with throwing two former safeties that were picked in the 5th & 6th rounds this early. Saleh is learning his lesson in the "I believe in you" approach and JD is probably learning how to stick his script. lol 

13 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I'm annoyed that they didn't bother signing a vet day 1 or creating a real competition. I called this out early and what I said is still happening. A new coaching staff, QB coach passed, didn't have a vet QB to show him how to prepare for games, bad oline, and injured WR core

Several of us felt that way and voiced our concerns. However, we do have a “vet” in JJ on the PS. He looked decent in his limited preseason game, yet there he languishes.  That is on Saleh.

Hiring such a green coaching staff is on Saleh as well.  If we are still this pathetic on O at season’s end, JD better flex his GM muscle with Saleh.

We have no viable backup in which GVR can be benched. Why can’t we poach someone from another teams PS. There has to be at least one OG on the other 31 teams PS that we can get as a possible “upgrade” to that piece of crap. That is on JD.

5 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

It will be interesting to see what the LB group looks like when Davis returns and the decisions that are going to be made next off-season.  QW is just 25. 

Davis needs to play. QW has some nice traits but hes incredibly raw and definitely has some ugly reps out there. He plays 100 mph 100% of the time though and I do love that. He has been better than Sherwood and Nas thats for sure.

• Like 3

CJ Mosley is a true football player for Jets.  Lost some weight to pick up speed for new regime and he has been living up to Saleh's standard.   That could mean once Davis comes back to man MLB Mosley should increasingly produce as OLB. Barring injury.

39 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Quincy williams looks like a player 

Yeah he did for this game. I loved it. Now we just need consistency from him game to game. It is tough when you have a good game followed by a train wreck followed by mediocre game followed by….. you get my point. If he can play this good the next couple of weeks, it would be foolish to sit him. Then again, Mims. 

• Like 1